Flashpoint

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ravel_Phenex wrote:

I do not know what nation in flashpoint is good for newbie but in your opinion, what nation is best for newbie?
      I would suggest Turkey as the best overall, if you want breathing room, take the UK or even better Cuba (don't forget navy for these 2) and if you want to turtle and hide ... Iran.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Ravel_Phenex wrote:

I do not know what nation in flashpoint is good for newbie but in your opinion, what nation is best for newbie?
      Well. Best one in my opnion is Play as POLAND!!! It the best country for starter, bery strong economy (can easily surpass US and Rus economy early game via expansion on AI lands)
      Gobble up Czechia first by day 6-7 and then focus on Germany, Baltic states/ Belarus/neighbours basically.
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Ravel_Phenex wrote:

I would suggest Turkey as the best overall, if you want breathing room, take the UK or even better Cuba (don't forget navy for these 2) and if you want to turtle and hide ... Iran.
      He's newbie so big NO for any of these.

Poland is the best in FP map.
      Than after it probably Greece and maybe some northern country like Sweden.
      But Poland is number 1. Strong with enough cities close by to protect or to move units quickly.

Turkey. It is too big, so defending is an issue. Yes capital is safe but distance to travel is huge. Almost every city is costal forcing you to have navy. You can't reach much from your capital regarding airforce which force you to build forward airfields. Istambul can easily fall. Not newbie friendly at all.

UK, small 5 cities country...hm, no. I have seen newbies switch sides completely in Britain between UK and Ireland taking each one cities.

Cuba or Iran, too far away from the action.

Though main problem is if there are too many userxxx in the game than what country to choose.
      So choose almost full map with at least 10 players who are not userxxx.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Ravel_Phenex wrote:

He's newbie so big NO for any of these.
      Poland is the best in FP map.
      But Poland is number 1. Strong with enough cities close by to protect or to move units quickly.

Turkey. It is too big, so defending is an issue. Yes capital is safe but distance to travel is huge. Almost every city is costal forcing you to have navy. You can't reach much from your capital regarding airforce which force you to build forward airfields. Istambul can easily fall. Not newbie friendly at all.

UK, small 5 cities country...hm, no. I have seen newbies switch sides completely in Britain between UK and Ireland taking each one cities.

Though main problem is if there are too many userxxx in the game than what country to choose.
      No, I'm right, you are wrong. Poland while the 2nd best for an experienced player is absolutely horrible for a newbie. It's right in the middle of the fire of most of the other large countries and is surrounded by countries usually taken by the ore experienced players. With Berlin right on the border, only an idiot player playing Germany doesn't immediately invade Poland to gain Lebensraum.

Greece is also horrible with so many islands that can be scooped leading to a steadily dropping VP. Honestly, every game I see Greece get overrun in a day once attacked.

What you think is a flaw in Turkey is actual a strength if you intelligently start on a bunker as soon as you sign in. I have NEVER lost Istanbul playing as Turkey. It has 2 captive cities to scoop in the east right away and the weaklings of Iran and Syria to eat up before you decide to overrun Greece in a day.

Hpwever the fact that Cuba and Iran are so far away make them perfect for newbies to sit back and build forces until they are ready to engage.
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• There's no way for German player to immediately invade Poland. Germany has a lot of threats so he has to do it slowly if want to survive. Poland is more compact and easier to defend.

About Greece, it's great to defend as well. Islands are of no importance at all. Why would you want to defend islands?
      Greece in FP has 6 cities with 6th been supply. Great for newbies.
      Western city (is it Patras I forgot?) is oil city. No need to defend.
      That means capital and the north. If you are faster than Serbia and Bulgaria to take Skopje you secured the north.
      Turkey is not a treat its a target because it is so stretched.
      Btw bunker can help you only not to loose the city in 2 days but when arty and airforce or even navy comes you will loose it.

Again why would you defend Greek islands?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zemunelo ().

• Zemunelo wrote:

You conquer cities do you?
      No ofc not!
      Everyone only conquers provinces because of their high VP and that ur enemies only put units in their cities. Conquering them is very easy! Just mobilize airborne infantry and place them in a stack of 20 with 3 MBTs, then you are INVINCIBLE!
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Zemunelo wrote:

And Flashpoint 1x is gone!
      Is it official?
      Can we get it back once a week?
      Maybe even ranked (lvl2 minimum) :evil:
      whats the point, lvl 1s and 2s are equally bad. Then what do the lvl 1s play, because now the starter game is a game that needs a requirement they’ll never acheive.
      Iran is best nation, its far enough and allows you to expand into turkey, syria, then ally jo with russia or ignore russia complete and go for greece, the center of Europe essentially
    • II do not know what nation in flashpoint is good for newbie but in your opinion, what nation is best for newbie?

Dealer of Death wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Ravel_Phenex wrote:

He's newbie so big NO for any of these.Poland is the best in FP map.

No, I'm right, you are wrong. Poland while the 2nd best for an experienced player is absolutely horrible for a newbie. It's right in the middle of the fire of most of the other large countries and is surrounded by countries usually taken by the ore experienced players. With Berlin right on the border, only an idiot player playing Germany doesn't immediately invade Poland to gain Lebensraum.
      Greece is also horrible with so many islands that can be scooped leading to a steadily dropping VP. Honestly, every game I see Greece get overrun in a day once attacked.

What you think is a flaw in Turkey is actual a strength if you intelligently start on a bunker as soon as you sign in. I have NEVER lost Istanbul playing as Turkey. It has 2 captive cities to scoop in the east right away and the weaklings of Iran and Syria to eat up before you decide to overrun Greece in a day.

Hpwever the fact that Cuba and Iran are so far away make them perfect for newbies to sit back and build forces until they are ready to engage.
      highly doubt there is a city called lebensraum.
      Plus also, poland is kinda the best because the way to win is “control the center of Europe”, by controlling the center, you easily can overpower others and have many ways to expand. Most dudes who join FP are noobs which is why I recomment Poland so they stop going to russia, US so i can play them
    • japan samurai wrote:

II do not know what nation in flashpoint is good for newbie but in your opinion, what nation is best for newbie?

Dealer of Death wrote:

No, I'm right, you are wrong. Poland while the 2nd best for an experienced player is absolutely horrible for a newbie. It's right in the middle of the fire of most of the other large countries and is surrounded by countries usually taken by the ore experienced players. With Berlin right on the border, only an idiot player playing Germany doesn't immediately invade Poland to gain Lebensraum.Greece is also horrible with so many islands that can be scooped leading to a steadily dropping VP. Honestly, every game I see Greece get overrun in a day once attacked.

highly doubt there is a city called lebensraum.Plus also, poland is kinda the best because the way to win is “control the center of Europe”, by controlling the center, you easily can overpower others and have many ways to expand. Most dudes who join FP are noobs which is why I recomment Poland so they stop going to russia, US so i can play them
      With this : "highly doubt there is a city called lebensraum." I know you have no idea what you are talking about rendering all your advice moot.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• japan samurai wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Is it official?
      whats the point, lvl 1s and 2s are equally bad. Then what do the lvl 1s play, because now the starter game is a game that needs a requirement they’ll never acheive.Iran is best nation, its far enough and allows you to expand into turkey, syria, then ally jo with russia or ignore russia complete and go for greece, the center of Europe essentially
      The starter game now is Flashpoint 4x, not 1x obviously.
      The point of lvl2 requirement is to avoid userxxx in the game before they play at least a little bit.
      I am asking for Flashpoint 1x regardless of lvl requirements. That's not the point.

Bring back Flashpoint 1x!
    • Zemunelo wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Zemunelo wrote:

Is it official?
      whats the point, lvl 1s and 2s are equally bad. Then what do the lvl 1s play, because now the starter game is a game that needs a requirement they’ll never acheive.Iran is best nation, its far enough and allows you to expand into turkey, syria, then ally jo with russia or ignore russia complete and go for greece, the center of Europe essentially
      The starter game now is Flashpoint 4x, not 1x obviously.The point of lvl2 requirement is to avoid userxxx in the game before they play at least a little bit.
      I am asking for Flashpoint 1x regardless of lvl requirements. That's not the point.

Bring back Flashpoint 1x!
      Yeah, Zemunelo has farming to do!
      The KING of CoN News!!!