People who want longer games... can get very mean if they don't get them :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• People who want longer games... can get very mean if they don't get them :)

Have you ever come to the point where you finally got your flashy toys - be those stealth bombers, maxed missiles, maxed mixed MRLs / railguns with tank officer, etc. etc. - basically what you aimed for throughout your game, but didn't get to use the toys because you had already won?

it happens to me most times. This time, i'm in a good team, and we're all facing the same problem. and we all WANT to play with the flashy toys:

- i'm Indonesia, i made carriers (i thought it'd be the last before the NEW Season toys??). want to load them with elite planes and naval ASFs, followed by railguns, and invade people;
      - the US is in love with his stealth bombers

we basically don't want the game to end. So we have made a deal: we use our toys to kill, we take, but we don't hold. We let rogue take over, and maintain our points stable. we 'fence' rogue (like, build a wall in north italy and let rogue run wild inside), or let it grow on islands (like Australia, NZ, ...).

We use toys, kill people, fence the area, move on to the next kill. Poland and Belarus, if you're reading this, you are next. then Somalia and Namibia.

See? we need longer games. we need to play with toys. otherwise we become mean and evil people. Which we are not! we are just people who want to enjoy the toys we have spent lots of time to build...

The post was edited 3 times, last by Sgniappo ().

• Sgniappo wrote:

Have you ever come to the point where you finally got your flashy toys - be those stealth bombers, maxed missiles, maxed mixed MRLs / railguns with tank officer, etc. etc. - basically what you aimed for throughout your game, but didn't get to use the toys because you had already won?

it happens to me most times. This time, i'm in a good team, and we're all facing the same problem. and we all WANT to play with the flashy toys:

- i'm Indonesia, i made carriers (i thought it'd be the last before the NEW Season toys??). want to load them with elite planes and naval ASFs, followed by railguns, and invade people;

we basically don't want the game to end. So we have made a deal: we use our toys to kill, we take, but we don't hold. We let rogue take over, and maintain our points stable. we 'fence' rogue (like, build a wall in north italy and let rogue run wild inside), or let it grow on islands (like Australia, NZ, ...).

We use toys, kill people, fence the area, move on to the next kill. Poland and Belarus, if you're reading this, you are next. then Somalia and Namibia.

See? we need longer games. we need to play with toys. otherwise we become mean and evil people. Which we are not! we are just people who want to enjoy the toys we have spent lots of time to build...
      Oh no! If Dorado catches you playing with and enjoying your toys, they'll nerf them into oblivion!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • In theory... they could have bin like 4-7 players left so they might gave voted.

Knowing it's a "flashpoint" map... a lot of newbies + inactive = easy/quick win.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Sgniappo wrote:

Yes! That always happen to me! I was trying to build my whole-stealth air force one time and that ended. Now Im using a game which is at day 50- I can end it in few days if I want to- to play with them.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

@WalterChang I recomemded the same. Have the first version of each hnit cheap to research but make improvements expensive. this way players can test what they like and specialize and ficus in a couple oif trades
      It would be really nice if the first unit of every category be researched in one min(just like the motorized infantry and if I am not wrong the combat recon vehicle).Or better make every unit faster to research at 1st level but subsiquently increase the time to research the later levels.This is will surely make the game easier to understand for beginners.

I am not sure if it happens to you guys too or not but whenever I show this game to my friends,they always point out the amount of time you need to do literally anything in this game.Well I am not saying to make the game faster or something but only to speeden the start of the game(i.e. research and mobilization of starting units).
    • Longest game (for ingame time) 89 days for a 4x apocalypse as Poland had some experienced players to fight against and got off to a slow start but now cruising my way to victory, and having way to much fun with my toys toys, lots of stealth fighters and cruisers, although it is also fun to crank out national guard in the 10 or so cities I have available for mobilization, hope its my first 200+ units game with over a hundred cities have 120 something cities and very close to the 200 mark on units. wanna get the game to last 100 days as well, but we'll see.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 10.07.34 PM.png
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Personally I think the fact that it requires lots of rss to make units early it provides a competitive edge. If you know what you're doing with the game and are smart on what you do you'll be fine and if you're not it motivates you to get a strat down.

Don't get me wrong! I see where you're coming from and would be interested to have a place where you could potentially test things out more freely like that. Perhaps releasing a gamemode that has production costs lower as you're saying?
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

In theory... they could have bin like 4-7 players left so they might gave voted.

Knowing it's a "flashpoint" map... a lot of newbies + inactive = easy/quick win.
      No one voted except for me. Although there can be newbies, there will be some “expereinced” players along the way that can really be difficult , the MBT spam just makes you have to be online a lot to make sure they don’t get a lucky melee engagement
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Personally I think the fact that it requires lots of rss to make units early it provides a competitive edge. If you know what you're doing with the game and are smart on what you do you'll be fine and if you're not it motivates you to get a strat down.

Don't get me wrong! I see where you're coming from and would be interested to have a place where you could potentially test things out more freely like that. Perhaps releasing a gamemode that has production costs lower as you're saying?
      game mode that allows you to fight ai and ai only, test your strat on them, do like 10x 20x speed to speed things up and restart the game when you decide the strat you were testing sucks. Also it should have pause button
      (Gamemode will have either 1x resource production or 4x resource production)

Sandbox or sth is that what its called?!!?

That would be the dream, it would allow us to actually attain the Strat of our Dreams soo much quicker, because 4x is sometimes too fast, 1x is too slow and blah blah blah we aren’t always online
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

testing strategy on AI. What do you wanne test? How to kill randomly placed infantry and recons?
      Excatly my point, have sand boxes so you can decide and place units where u like, and give ai control of it or whatever and you can test how ur strat can work against the Unit. Of course the testing of Strategies would work better if you have the ability to control or direct what ai does in the game.