Insurgents

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Yes, you need some type of unit in it to keep from insurgency.

It can also depend on how many 'civilian' casualties there are.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Yes, you need some type of unit in it to keep from insurgency.

It can also depend on how many 'civilian' casualties there are.
      The correct term will be "avoid insurgents from capturing cities", to my knowledge insurgents still spawn in cities with units.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron

The post was edited 1 time, last by JohnFKennedy: typo of the word "still" ().

• One can use ships to create rogue states on enemy homeland city, it is quite annoying. They should also be taken down immediately or they can be quite problematic as they spread like viruses. They too can achieve victory and end the game once they reach said vps
      "Commander, I will be free from this shackles very soon, think you can handle me?." -Guillotine
    • Ravel_Phenex wrote:

One can use ships to create rogue states on enemy homeland city, it is quite annoying. They should also be taken down immediately or they can be quite problematic as they spread like viruses. They too can achieve victory and end the game once they reach said vps
      I have heard such rumors.
      #notonmywatch
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • WednesdayAddams wrote:

Karts22 wrote:

I have a related question, hope it's OK.
      Why is the smoke animation until 33% when insurgents spawn until 35?
      Because the spawn percentage was increased in a later update and now they have a chance to spawn whenever it is under 35%
      I don't think your answer here properly accounts for the rounding up/down that is occurring when cities' actual morale values are converted into displayed-integers.

If a city's morale is truly 35%, I'm pretty sure it will not spawn an insurgent.

If a City's morale is truly 34% (or 34.4999%), I'm pretty sure it will not spawn insurgent.

If a city's morale is 33% (or 33.4999), I'm pretty sure the city has a small (tiny) chance of spawning an insurgent.

I'm fuzzy on whether a city with 33.8% morale has a (tiny) chance of spawning an insurgent.
    • WednesdayAddams wrote:

Karts22 wrote:

Because the spawn percentage was increased in a later update and now they have a chance to spawn whenever it is under 35%
      Guess they were just lazy or forgot to update the animation.
      I'm looking at a bunch of cities right ow that have 34% morale.

The game doesn't even list a chance of Insurgency for them.

Maybe the actual answer to the question is that cities with 34% morale don't spawn insurgents (and that's why they aren't smokers)?
    • KFGauss wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

Karts22 wrote:

Because the spawn percentage was increased in a later update and now they have a chance to spawn whenever it is under 35%Guess they were just lazy or forgot to update the animation.
      I'm looking at a bunch of cities right ow that have 34% morale.
      The game doesn't even list a chance of Insurgency for them.

Maybe the actual answer to the question is that cities with 34% morale don't spawn insurgents (and that's why they aren't smokers)?
      IN my current game,I leave the cities once they have morale of 33% and not even one of them spawned insurgents,not that I have less morale penalties.I am at war with 6 nations and have a civilian kill penalty of 5.

As a test I left a city when It reached 32% morale and a little later,the insurgency took over the city.It might all be a coincidence but these are my observations
    • To add on-

If you get more "civilian casualties" you'll lose more moral, to say nuking can cause a lot of "civilian casualties." That's why in the news it says "contempt of human life."
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris