Answering Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

TANKERS!!!!
    Also bro if u want robots go to iron order 1919
    tankers, pah!

and I don't want 1919 steam powered robots, I want giant nuclear powered Kaiju fighting Mech suit robots
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • JackThaParrot wrote:

I was playing on mobile and I disabled and the enabled textures and now everything is deep-fried
    Deep-fried?
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Dealer of Death wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

TANKERS!!!!
    tankers, pah!
    and I don't want 1919 steam powered robots, I want giant nuclear powered Kaiju fighting Mech suit robots
    Uh I would like CoN to be as realistic as it can be aslong as it is still fun.
    TANKERS
    #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
  • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

TANKERS!!!!
    tankers, pah!and I don't want 1919 steam powered robots, I want giant nuclear powered Kaiju fighting Mech suit robots
    Uh I would like CoN to be as realistic as it can be aslong as it is still fun.
    forum.conflictnations.com/inde…637956d48b664819f1ef35768
    "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
    Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
    We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
    The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
  • playbabe wrote:

bruh who care about realism, I want ww3/4 alt fantasy sich as red alert and c&c
    I just don't want weapons and vechiles in my game that don't exist... yet.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

playbabe wrote:

bruh who care about realism, I want ww3/4 alt fantasy sich as red alert and c&c
    I just don't want weapons and vechiles in my game that don't exist... yet.
    Then go play CoW, CoN is into the future!
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Its not into the future. READ CON DESCRIPTION!

Most vehicles in the game is either stuff we already have or new variants in progress.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Its not into the future. READ CON DESCRIPTION!

Most vehicles in the game is either stuff we already have or new variants in progress.
    The Name of the Game is Conflict of Nations WORLD WAR THREE.

Have we had or are currently having WW3? No. Therefore logic dictates it is set into the future.

Case closed.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Testify!

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Well I think that actually this is a war set in the NEAR future. With all the modern units. So actually Destroyer is kinda right.

• Dealer of Death wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Its not into the future. READ CON DESCRIPTION!

The Name of the Game is Conflict of Nations WORLD WAR THREE.
    Have we had or are currently having WW3? No. Therefore logic dictates it is set into the future.

Case closed.
    But guess what most of these units here all already here, like seasoned units is just either the same thing but a modified varient. Or there units we have that have no new changes!

• M551 Sheridan.....1967-1996. Tried to be a airdrop light something . I watched videos of it and it looked cool, most comments were not as generous. I still like them and the concept but it is no longer.
    "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
  • WW3 is so close to happening right now...

Like we still use the same tank (m1 Abrams) that has been used since the 1st Iraq war (1991) that
    was 30+ years ago and only new variants came out of it (new Armour, radar, missile defence) So if we do go to ww3 we will use the same variants since we from like 2017.

• Sorry this will be long but it is relevant and interesting even though CON is just a game and not a simulation. This is from "National Interest" an article I found on the web....."However, interestingly, alongside the weapons and technology-related reasons why the Abrams is still so relevant to modern war, there is another clear reason why the tank is not likely to go anywhere anytime soon. The need for heavy armor.
    This raises an interesting question, particularly given that the Army’s Next-Generation Combat Vehicle program is focused on building lighter weight, artificial-intelligence-enabled more expeditionary armored platforms with vehicles such as its Mobile Protected Firepower light tank and new Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle infantry carrier. Unlike an Abrams which is simply too heavy for air transport, these new vehicles can deploy through the air and therefore operate with an ability to hit warfare much faster should combat quickly break out.

The strategy here is of course to engineer armored combat vehicles that are more deployable and able to better support advancing infantry by crossing bridges or reaching places otherwise inaccessible to a seventy-ton Abram. The thinking is to leverage advanced, long-range artificial-intelligence-enabled targeting sensors, lightweight armored composites, active protection systems, improved precision ammunition and, perhaps most of all, manned-unmanned teaming so that forward operating robotic vehicles can absorb the most combat risks and face enemy fire.

This approach, however, stands in a delicate balance with current Army thinking that there will likely continue to be a need for heavily armored vehicles such as the Abrams, for many years to come. Why? There simply might not be enough technical breakthroughs with efforts to build lightweight composites as survivable as heavy armor in the immediate future, Army weapons developers have explained. So while newer, lighter, faster vehicles may be less likely to be “hit” given its speed, technical defenses and use of unmanned systems, something like an Abrams is likely to still be necessary for certain high-impact areas involving massive, force-on-force armored warfare amid incoming enemy fire. What the Abrams may lack in speed, mobility and fuel efficiency may be more than compensated for by its fire power and heavy protective armor. After all, an Abrams can, in many instances, survive an incoming hit from an RPG or even anti-tank missile in some circumstances, and it is just not yet clear if there are yet lightweight armor materials able to do this. However, many weapons developers also recognize there is only so much a legacy platform can be upgraded before a new one is needed to meet modern threats, despite the continued prominence and superiority of the Abrams. "
    "Retreat hell! We're not retreating ..we're just advancing in a different direction." General Oliver Smith USMC
  • bobqz wrote:

Sorry this will be long but it is relevant and interesting even though CON is just a game and not a simulation. This is from "National Interest" an article I found on the web....."However, interestingly, alongside the weapons and technology-related reasons why the Abrams is still so relevant to modern war, there is another clear reason why the tank is not likely to go anywhere anytime soon. The need for heavy armor.
    This raises an interesting question, particularly given that the Army’s Next-Generation Combat Vehicle program is focused on building lighter weight, artificial-intelligence-enabled more expeditionary armored platforms with vehicles such as its Mobile Protected Firepower light tank and new Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle infantry carrier. Unlike an Abrams which is simply too heavy for air transport, these new vehicles can deploy through the air and therefore operate with an ability to hit warfare much faster should combat quickly break out.

The strategy here is of course to engineer armored combat vehicles that are more deployable and able to better support advancing infantry by crossing bridges or reaching places otherwise inaccessible to a seventy-ton Abram. The thinking is to leverage advanced, long-range artificial-intelligence-enabled targeting sensors, lightweight armored composites, active protection systems, improved precision ammunition and, perhaps most of all, manned-unmanned teaming so that forward operating robotic vehicles can absorb the most combat risks and face enemy fire.

This approach, however, stands in a delicate balance with current Army thinking that there will likely continue to be a need for heavily armored vehicles such as the Abrams, for many years to come. Why? There simply might not be enough technical breakthroughs with efforts to build lightweight composites as survivable as heavy armor in the immediate future, Army weapons developers have explained. So while newer, lighter, faster vehicles may be less likely to be “hit” given its speed, technical defenses and use of unmanned systems, something like an Abrams is likely to still be necessary for certain high-impact areas involving massive, force-on-force armored warfare amid incoming enemy fire. What the Abrams may lack in speed, mobility and fuel efficiency may be more than compensated for by its fire power and heavy protective armor. After all, an Abrams can, in many instances, survive an incoming hit from an RPG or even anti-tank missile in some circumstances, and it is just not yet clear if there are yet lightweight armor materials able to do this. However, many weapons developers also recognize there is only so much a legacy platform can be upgraded before a new one is needed to meet modern threats, despite the continued prominence and superiority of the Abrams. "
    Um that is kinda off the point but well, respects ya for researching so in-depthly.
    TANKERS
    #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
  • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Well I think that actually this is a war set in the NEAR future. With all the modern units. So actually Destroyer is kinda right.
    Near future is future, therefore he IS WRONG

One more thing: Rising Tides, ... The Prosecution rests.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• I knew I was right, like all of these units in this game are not futuristic.

Look at thr damn game description.

"Late 20th century to early 21st century"

Where in the the early 21st century and a lot of these units are in the timeliness I implied.

So heads fourth there's fourth... I was right... sr.