Finally having fun!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Finally having fun!

I'm finally really enjoying the game. Playing as Haiti in a "Battlegrounds USA" map, with 1485 of the 1700 victory points needed to win. Montana in second place with 573 points. Now, instead of scrambling to win and end the game, I'm going to complete the entire tech tree and build every level of every building in every city. While I'm at it, I'm going to nuke every other country on the map back to the Stone Age.

To be fair, I've had plenty of fun getting here, but my old complaint about the games ending just as things are getting fun still applies. This seems to be the solution: attain a comfortable lead, then stop conquering new territories to prevent the victory and, therefore, end of the game.
    • Jotunn wrote:

I'm finally really enjoying the game. Playing as Haiti in a "Battlegrounds USA" map, with 1485 of the 1700 victory points needed to win. Montana in second place with 573 points. Now, instead of scrambling to win and end the game, I'm going to complete the entire tech tree and build every level of every building in every city. While I'm at it, I'm going to nuke every other country on the map back to the Stone Age.

To be fair, I've had plenty of fun getting here, but my old complaint about the games ending just as things are getting fun still applies. This seems to be the solution: attain a comfortable lead, then stop conquering new territories to prevent the victory and, therefore, end of the game.
      Is that a Gen. LeMay reference? Also I like to bomb cities with stealth strategic bombers more. More sustainable and less civilian morale casualties.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • I like an action packed game all the way through it takes to long at the end when your trying to conquer all the ai countries. I prefer to have two experienced coalitions fight it out till the end with out giving up even when your own country has been conquered several times and reconquered by friends. Eventually one side wins but still has suffered to the point of almost giving up.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Jotunn wrote:

Is that a Gen. LeMay reference? Also I like to bomb cities with stealth strategic bombers more. More sustainable and less civilian morale casualties.
      LeMay? Never heard of him. It's just a phrase I've commonly seen used to describe the devastation of a nuclear attack.
    • Jotunn wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Jotunn wrote:

LeMay? Never heard of him. It's just a phrase I've commonly seen used to describe the devastation of a nuclear attack.
      The phrase is used with strategic bombing, not nukes. And it originated from him.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • I hate when the game is over, then you have to join another one a do the daily grind all over again.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Jotunn wrote:

Waaaahhhhhh! It's over!!!! :( :( :(
      FAKE NEWSIt shows your are negatively ranked (-)1th, so negative 1, no victory
      Where did I hear fake news from, sound like...
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I hate when the game is over, then you have to join another one a do the daily grind all over again.
      Well yeah. Also I didn't archive it after I won, so when I logged in to see how big my super duper nuclear arsenal had grown, I got smacked across the face with the victory announcement and "NOTE: Game has ended. You cannot give orders anymore." My mighty war machine, frozen forever in time!!!