Daily gold usage limit ?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Daily gold usage limit ?

      I understand this game has to earn money to keep going, but I am wondering if some sort of daily limit shouldnt be imposed for long term good of game...
      My first time meeting hardcore gold user - he just dropped 7 destroyers and 2 cruisers on me, not to mention rebuilding a city within 5 minutes.
      Using gold is fine but against this kind of opponent one has to ask ,,whats the point of even playing ?"
      Files
      • abc.jpg

        (370.7 kB, downloaded 9 times, last: )
    • Meh

      Zefyros22 wrote:

      I understand this game has to earn money to keep going, but I am wondering if some sort of daily limit shouldnt be imposed for long term good of game...
      My first time meeting hardcore gold user - he just dropped 7 destroyers and 2 cruisers on me, not to mention rebuilding a city within 5 minutes.
      Using gold is fine but against this kind of opponent one has to ask ,,whats the point of even playing ?"

      Telerik wrote:

      I was massively nuked to death on day 5 .We should get 10% cashback from Dorado+Bytro each time someone spend$ gold against us .
      No
      Bad for business
      TANKERS
    • Zefyros22 wrote:

      JohnFKennedy wrote:

      No

      Bad for business
      You mean worse than bunch of ppl writing ,,its pay to win, dont waste your time" under every facebook advertisment I see ?
      Yes, according to the people who are in charge of the game.

      Especially because the situation you described isn't a typical game.

      Sure, it happens, but if you bad mouth the game by making folks think winning all or most games requires gold use, you would be misleading them.

      That would make you the bad guy, not Dorado.
    • KFGauss wrote:

      Zefyros22 wrote:

      JohnFKennedy wrote:

      No

      Bad for business
      You mean worse than bunch of ppl writing ,,its pay to win, dont waste your time" under every facebook advertisment I see ?
      Yes, according to the people who are in charge of the game.
      Especially because the situation you described isn't a typical game.

      Sure, it happens, but if you bad mouth the game by making folks think winning all or most games requires gold use, you would be misleading them.

      That would make you the bad guy, not Dorado.

      So true
      TANKERS
    • Zefyros22 wrote:


      ,,whats the point of even playing ?"
      None.
      Though you might wonder why you are asking.
      You know that the game ENCOURAGES gold use, and that it has done so for some time now.
      If the long term future looked worse because of it, I hope that the developers would revisit their business model to compensate.
      Evidently it isn't a problem, since as far as I can tell there are no indications of change.
      So if games being flooded with gold are insurmountable issues for you, then I suspect that you might want to move on to other ways to spend your entertainment time and money.

      Out of curiosity though, was the guy burning gold a new player?
      Or someone with a lot of rank and time in the game?
    • You do not understand. I like this game althought I am just time to time player with months between games.

      Each time I find advertisment on con on facebook there is whole bunch of ,,dont play this game, its pay to win" replies under it... Makes one wonder whats the point of even making advertisment like this.

      Again, I understand the need to earn money and I dont mind ppl making things ,,bit easier", but one should not have the option to create 3 weeks worth of units in 5 minutes...


      Hydralysk wrote:

      Out of curiosity though, was the guy burning gold a new player?
      Or someone with a lot of rank and time in the game?
      It was lvl 21 corporal with 9 games on his record and 2 coalition victories. Not saying all his victories are matter of credit card usage, but lets say this probably isnt his first rodeo.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Zefyros22 ().

    • New

      Perhaps add a public map option where players can buy in with a fixed amount of gold, say 5,000 to 10,000 gold. (Gold goes into a pot for end of game player rewards)

      No gold usage is allowed in the game.

      In the first 7 game days each player gets bonus materials, manpower and game money deposited into their map account. (Amounts of each to be decided)

      Bonus build first 7 days - Once every game day players are given a wild card. A wild card can be used to rapid finish building a structure or rapid finish researching a technology. (Tech that is available per tech tree) Players can use the wild card at any time after it's received. (Restriction: Wild cards can not be used for any research in the missiles section, can not be used for Ballistic Sub research or rapid build labs)

      All season units are available to all players on this map. (The map treats all players as having won all the seasons.)


      The game ends on day 100 at the latest.

      The winning coalition wins half the gold pot.

      At game end, all players that are still active including the winning team players on the map win a percentage of the pot. (Say 30% of the pot) The pot is divided equally based on player points.

      The house (CON) keeps 20% of the pot........... (Not sure if the pot % for CON should be higher or lower....These people need to earn a living)


      ***A new ranking system needs to be added for gold won by players. This way some of the future gold challenge maps can exclude high gold earners. Certain gold challenge maps will only be available to players that have won a certain amount of gold or less.



      Comments?
    • New

      Comment: This general sort of thing has been suggested a zillion times - With a little Googling (Google is your friend) you can find the previous suggestions and responses - And the bottom line has been a big, "No." - If you were to add this to the most popular of the previous threads about the same general subject, I think you would have a (slightly) bigger effect on Dorado readers.
    • New

      JimmyMaestro wrote:

      Perhaps add a public map option where players can buy in with a fixed amount of gold, say 5,000 to 10,000 gold. (Gold goes into a pot for end of game player rewards)

      No gold usage is allowed in the game.

      ...

      ***A new ranking system needs to be added for gold won by players. This way some of the future gold challenge maps can exclude high gold earners. Certain gold challenge maps will only be available to players that have won a certain amount of gold or less.
      Some interesting ideas.
      I like.
      It is good to see players adding their ideas on improving the game.
      The devs have shown that they do adopt on occasion what the community repeatedly reminds them they want.

      So keep on posting your ideas, they strengthen the case for implementation.