10x events during winter vacation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 10x events during winter vacation

I think there should be faster mode events during the winter vacations.The vacations are approaching and many players would have a lot of time on their hands so it would be good if there are 6x or 10x games to play.

I know it have been suggested before but I don't see why this idea is so disliked,I have seen those threads and most reasons against this idea seem biased to me.I think that these kind of maps would appeal to a large audience and also to the new players who leave the game with the opinion that it is too slow.Today's world is a fast paced one and I don't get why there can't be fast paced maps to cater to that fast paced world!

Also it might help with the SC sales as queing would become more important than ever in such fast .

Maybe for balancing purposes,the resources could be scarcer than other maps.This is just an idea and could be built upon more.

I would like to know what are the opinions of other players and of dorado on this.

Also to address a common demand by players to introduce a pause or sleep break in high speed games;I think there is no need for it cause if you have to sleep then the opponents also have to sleep so it's a fair war.Also there is always a luck factor in wars too so it Is that factor.So when your enemy can raid you at night,so can you!

I got to know from old threads that there had been 10x maps introduced at one time,so what happened to them? Did the experiment failed?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Roomi Royale ().

• 10x maybe a little too fast for most of us old, fat and bald middle age players here.

Strategy games like a fine wine need a chance to breath.

We want to look at the map, analysis what's there, make some decisions and make some moves. Be a Napoleon, a Rommel, a Patton for a few hours.... Then go back to our boring lives.

10x is more for people that want a shooting game where you run around as one character (Or driving in an armored vehicle) and shoot anything in front of you.

On another post I mentioned have a game that's available for the same block of time each day. And the off hours you can't make any moves or look at the game. (Perhaps for 1 hour before game time you can view the game but not make any moves. Also talk to other players, friend or foe for 30 minutes pre live time.) So say the game is live for only 3 or 4 hours a day. The same 3 or 4 hours every day.