Resource Market

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Resource Market

In all of the public games I've played, the Market is always empty, which is a shame and a part of the game that is often underutilized like Espionage. So I crafted a system that may address this issue.

Excess Resources
      Every Nation sets aside 50% of their Daily Resource Income into the Marketplace (Note: This is excess resource generated by Cities/Arms Industry/Local Industry, you still get 100% of your Homeland resources)

For Example:
      At the start of Day 2: Your Nation produces 1,200 units of Supplies Daily which goes to your treasury. 600 units of excess Supplies would go straight to the Marketplace and can be seen on your “My Trade” tab, selling at the lowest price (Which is 3 units of Money for 1 unit of Supplies as far as I’ve seen, I’m thinking of having it set to “Average Price” which would need some consideration but it's going to make it very expensive, maybe for balancing)

Nations post their Excess Resources to the Market daily. This would no doubt flood the Market with Cheap Goods but by placing a Trade Limit or setting it at the aforementioned Average Market Price, should prevent it from being abused by simply bankrupting the Nation.

International Market
      The idea behind this is to foster a more dynamic and engaging Marketplace, where Goods is always available for purchase and as long as you have Money, you can buy the resources you need.

It would change how players would expand and make them consider diplomacy and engage with AI Nations. Should you invade a Minor Nation to loot but only generate resources at 25% afterwards? or let them stick around and buy 50% of their resources everyday for a bit of money? If you start adding the cost of Annexing the city, building Arms industry and waiting for Morale to go up just to increase resource production, keeping Minor Nations intact is much more economically beneficial overall. And the more Nations that are present on the Map and the bigger their economies are, the more resources that would be flowing into the Marketplace. Be sure not to spend your money in one place.

Spies would also benefit by making Economic Sabotage more viable. The more resources a Nation lose from corruption, the more they spend on buying resources from the market to recoup the loss, resulting to a net loss in the long run (Theoretically)

It's not a perfect system, numbers can be moved around to make it at least worth considering, I just feel sad when the Market is empty, lol.
    • V1nd1c4t0r wrote:

In all of the public games I've played, the Market is always empty, which is a shame and a part of the game that is often underutilized like Espionage. So I crafted a system that may address this issue.

Excess Resources
      Every Nation sets aside 50% of their Daily Resource Income into the Marketplace (Note: This is excess resource generated by Cities/Arms Industry/Local Industry, you still get 100% of your Homeland resources)

For Example:
      At the start of Day 2: Your Nation produces 1,200 units of Supplies Daily which goes to your treasury. 600 units of excess Supplies would go straight to the Marketplace and can be seen on your “My Trade” tab, selling at the lowest price (Which is 3 units of Money for 1 unit of Supplies as far as I’ve seen, I’m thinking of having it set to “Average Price” which would need some consideration but it's going to make it very expensive, maybe for balancing)

Nations post their Excess Resources to the Market daily. This would no doubt flood the Market with Cheap Goods but by placing a Trade Limit or setting it at the aforementioned Average Market Price, should prevent it from being abused by simply bankrupting the Nation.

International Market
      The idea behind this is to foster a more dynamic and engaging Marketplace, where Goods is always available for purchase and as long as you have Money, you can buy the resources you need.

It would change how players would expand and make them consider diplomacy and engage with AI Nations. Should you invade a Minor Nation to loot but only generate resources at 25% afterwards? or let them stick around and buy 50% of their resources everyday for a bit of money? If you start adding the cost of Annexing the city, building Arms industry and waiting for Morale to go up just to increase resource production, keeping Minor Nations intact is much more economically beneficial overall. And the more Nations that are present on the Map and the bigger their economies are, the more resources that would be flowing into the Marketplace. Be sure not to spend your money in one place.

Spies would also benefit by making Economic Sabotage more viable. The more resources a Nation lose from corruption, the more they spend on buying resources from the market to recoup the loss, resulting to a net loss in the long run (Theoretically)

It's not a perfect system, numbers can be moved around to make it at least worth considering, I just feel sad when the Market is empty, lol.
      Sounds Communistic. What if I as, say the world's biggest producer of rares, wish to hoard my rares as a strategic decision to tilt the tech race in my favor?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • V1nd1c4t0r wrote:

Excess Resources

For Example:

International Market

But, it doesn't matter, ... won't be implemented, why?

Because you are basically suggesting this:

"Hey Dorado, why don't you implement my system of abundant resources that would devastatingly cut out people gold buying to use for resources, the bedrock of your business model?"
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

V1nd1c4t0r wrote:

Excess Resources

For Example:

International Market

But, it doesn't matter, ... won't be implemented, why?
      Because you are basically suggesting this:

"Hey Dorado, why don't you implement my system of abundant resources that would devastatingly cut out people gold buying to use for resources, the bedrock of your business model?"
      It would create an abundance of resources, yes.
      But not everyone is capable of buying said resources due to financing.
      If the average Money Income of a Nation is around 15-20K per day and if the price of resources is set at the average market price, your spending more money per unit of resource than you would otherwise gain.

For Example:
      Your Daily income of Supplies after Upkeep is 1,200 and your Daily Cash income after upkeep is 15,000
      600 units of Supplies goes to the Market with the combined cost. assuming its set on the Average Market Price is 3,000 (The Average Price of Resources on the Market varies but 4.9 or just 5 seems like the average price for Supplies I've seen on my games)
      Other resources (Electronics, Rare etc.) cost significantly more than Supplies which would quickly cut into your budget

This can be further refined by adjusting the Money Cost of just about everything, so if your worried about disrupting the Premium Members, Don't.

Numbers can change. Price goes up, Income goes down, Increase the value of gold etc.
      Your not the only one who would utilize the Market, if your slow or just broke, they WILL have the edge on you which can be remedied either with help from Allies or just using Gold.

This lack of Money can quickly limit how much you can do each day, Cost for building, mobilizing and researching, the cost of mobilizing a SF is 3K, so if you do the math, you know where this is going.

Lastly, If you think of just canceling the Order and get the resource, don't bother.
      Excess Resource on the Market are AI generated and cannot be taken down by their Parent Nation.
      Think of them as Private Companies and Businesses making Money, they won't allow you to cut into their margins. Since you not going to earn any money from it (Getting a cut of every transaction is up for debate)