New map, Sengoku

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

575-Kranzegrad wrote:

Actually i need, list of nations doctrines army factions.

yellow = western

light blue = european

green = eastern
      1 I added Doctrines to my previous list (above).

2 I was lazy and didn't change the previous colors (that match citiy-counts).

3 If you really need the Doctrines colored the way you suggested, tell me and I'll update the list.
      1 I found it.

2 It's ok for this.

3 Yes, do it, color to text.
      Guns are always loaded.
    • 575-Kranzegrad wrote:

3 Yes, do it, color to text.
      Some people are greedy . . . You will owe me one cold drink.

1 Aichi _______ 5 ___ W
      2 Akita _______ 7 ___ E
      3 Aomori ______ 6 ___ U
      4 Asahikawa ___ 5 ___ U

5 Chiba _______ 5 ___ W
      6 Ehime _______ 6 ___ E
      7 Fukui _______ 5 ___ U
      8 Fukuoka _____ 5 ___ W
      9 Fukushima ___ 7 ___ E
      10 Gifu _______ 7 ___ U
      11 Gunma ______ 5 ___ W
      12 Hidaka _____ 5 ___ U
      13 Hiroshima __ 6 ___ E
      14 Hiyama _____ 5 ___ E

15 Hyogo ______ 6 ___ W
      16 Ibaraki ____ 6 ___ E
      17 Iburi ______ 5 ___ E

18 Ishikawa ___ 5 ___ U
      19 Ishikari ___ 5 ___ U

20 Iwate ______ 7 ___ W
      21 Kagawa _____ 5 ___ E
      22 Kagoshima __ 6 ___ U
      23 Kamikawa ___ 6 ___ U

24 Kanagawa ___ 5 ___ W
      25 Kochi ______ 6 ___ E
      26 Kumamoto ___ 6 ___ U
      27 Kushiro ____ 5 ___ E
      28 Kyoto ______ 5 ___ W
      29 Mie ________ 6 ___ E
      30 Miyagi _____ 6 ___ U
      31 Miyazaki ___ 6 ___ W
      32 Nagano _____ 7 ___ E
      33 Nagasaki ___ 5 ___ U
      34 Nara _______ 5 ___ W
      35 Nemuro _____ 5 ___ U
      36 Niigata ____ 7 ___ E
      37 Oita _______ 6 ___ U
      38 Okayama ____ 5 ___ W
      39 Okhotsk ____ 7 ___ U
      40 Osaka ______ 5 ___ U

41 Oshima _____ 5 ___ W
      42 Rumoi ______ 5 ___ W
      43 Saga _______ 5 ___ W

44 Saitama ____ 5 ___ E
      45 Shiga ______ 5 ___ U
      46 Shimane ____ 6 ___ W
      47 Sheribeshi _ 5 ___ W

48 Shizuoka ___ 6 ___ E
      49 Sorachi ____ 6 ___ E
      50 Soya _______ 5 ___ E

51 Tochigi ____ 5 ___ U
      52 Tokachi ____ 6 ___ W
      53 Tokushima __ 5 ___ W

54 Tokyo ______ 5 ___ E
      55 Tottori ____ 5 ___ U
      56 Toyama _____ 5 ___ W
      57 Wakayama ___ 6 ___ E
      58 Yamagata ___ 6 ___ E

59 Yamaguchi __ 6 ___ U
      60 Yamanashi __ 5 ___ W

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• FYI readers - Large sections of the Sengoku map are mountainous.

It shouldn't surprise anyone when I report that using ground troops to capture mountainous terrain (especially in a 1× game) takes "FOREVER".

If your glass is half-empty, that stinks.

If your glass is half-full, the game will last longer and you'll get more opportunities to research fun units.

OBTW - As of right now (Dec 2022), a solo win requires 2800 VP. That's another thing that extends the game length. A 2-player coalition needs 3444 VP. a 3-player coalition needs 4200 VP.

PS: Before someone suggests using Airborne troops, I'll mention that A) researching airborne troops uses up a precious research slot and 2) building airbases for airborne troops to use, also takes "FOREVER".

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Threads created by people wondering whether (or how often) this map is offered on the new games signup site keep popping up.

About 4 weeks ago (early Dec 2022) I started looking for a new Sengoku game.

I spent about a week looking at the new games list 2, 3, or more times per day before I happened to spot a new game that had maybe 10 spots left.

I took one of the spots.

If my experience is typical, you'll eventually be able to find a new game if you are persistent.

To address the next typical question: I doubt that there is any rhyme or reason (no predictable schedule) for when new Sengoku games are offered, but I could easily be wrong about that.

• Here's a bit of qualitative info for folks interested in this (Sengoku) CoN map.

It's big. In other words units take a long time to travel useful distances. I'm spending close to a day to make longer overland trips in my "empire", many hours to fly those distances, and well over a day if I want to send a naval transport across only half of the map.

And - In one game, on Day 24, the top 5 VP totals are (1433, 592, 534, 492, and 471) (You need 2800 for a solo, 3444 for two players, 4200 for three)

Those travel times/distances and VP totals make the Map interesting, but if you're a 4X junkie . . . You've been warned.

• TheShinwacker wrote:

I second KFGauss. Airports and airbases are your friend in Sengoku.
      In your game is looks like someone in the center of the big island has the Day 26 VP lead.
      In the game I described someone in the center of the big island also has the Day 25 lead (by an even bigger margin).

I wonder if that part of the map is fruitful? or if instead many players think that starting in one of the smaller islands at one end or the other of the map is a good plan, and consequently lots of active players crowd those areas and find themselves struggling against each other?

I know that my first instinct would be to pick a position in one of the smaller islands.
    • A 3-person Sengoku coalition needs 4200 VP for a win. So what does 4200 VP look like?
      The green countries below are a 4414 VP at the end of Day 35 (Start of Day 36)

Sengoku_4200_VP.JPG

A solo VP requires 2800 VP.
      The light green in the Northeast island is 724 VP.
      The lavender in the West of the main island is 792 VP.
      The light green in the main island and the two Western islands is 2898 VP.

Sengoku_Victory_Poli_View.JPG

PS: For all intents and purposes, the game was over by Day 30, maybe a little sooner. After that it took a few days to accumulate the remaining VP the coalition needed for the victory.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().