Still Waiting For Croatian...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I like how this steered away from a Croatian language.

And is now talking about different ways countries pronounce "football"
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

Your take is spirited, a little edgy, and also wrong. A sport IS what it is codified into rules as being, and simply and undeniably factual, soccer is Association Football and what the ignorant call "American Football", hand-egg or whatever IS Football. Hence the National Football League and not the National American Football League or National Hand-egg league. As I said before, it makes no difference how many millions want to join in on being wrong, Facts are not up for a vote. And the facts are exactly how I presented them.

2 more things, it's hilarious you fail to point out that FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association ) literally stands for "International Federation of Association Football" furthering my point.

Secondly, believe me, this "If you refer to it as "soccer", you're likely to get the word parroted back to you in a faux-American accent in order to make fun of you." literally has us laughing at you for attempting to laugh at us for using a word YOU guys came up with.
      You are quite right: the full, correct name for the most popular sport in the world is indeed "Association Football". (Call it Ass-Football if you like - I only replied to this thread in the first place because that comment made me laugh.)

"Football", or "footie", is used for short in countries were differentiation between the various codes is not really needed. Nobody refers to "Gridiron" (American) football as "Football" outside of the USA, because nobody outside of the USA is remotely interested in that sport.

But you are (technically) right. And the rest of the world is (technically) wrong, if you want to put it like that. I dare say the rest of the world will continue to be wrong long into the future; and you will continue to be right, all on your own, defiantly, playing your sport that nobody else cares about, all by yourselves.

We will continue to enjoy our wrongly-named Football World Cups, while you lot sit there being right, all alone and handling your eggs.
    • @WalterChang Touche. I liked the part with 3Min break.
      I remember a Simpsons Episode were Homer wasnot allowed to drink beer and had to watch a Baseball match.
      Only Game that can Top this is Cricket!

Also your FIFA was good. Sadly this whole thing is not about Sport anymore.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.