Aircraft returning to original airfield to refuel when ferrying between Airfields

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft returning to original airfield to refuel when ferrying between Airfields

Aircraft returning to original airfield to refuel when ferrying between Airfields. I suspect it is when it hits the return to base to refuel timer for when they are on patrol,,,, but they are not on patrol!

Ferrying from an airfield in Papua New Guinea to an airfield in Chukotka. It was almost there and turned back. Twice today! And I'm flying over hostile waters in danger of being blown out of the sky!
    • MuskokaMike wrote:

Aircraft returning to original airfield to refuel when ferrying between Airfields. I suspect it is when it hits the return to base to refuel timer for when they are on patrol,,,, but they are not on patrol!

Ferrying from an airfield in Papua New Guinea to an airfield in Chukotka. It was almost there and turned back. Twice today! And I'm flying over hostile waters in danger of being blown out of the sky!
      this is an interesting bug, probably an unintended feature of the patrol.

for the time being, I would recommend ferrying from airport to airport(keeping your distance between them less than 4 hr)
      "Le patriotisme, c'est aimer son pays. Le nationalisme, c'est détester celui des autres."-Charles De Gaulle, Leader of Free France in World War 2.
      English: "Patriotism is to love your country. Nationalism is hating that of others."
    • The Ewac wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

this is an interesting bug, probably an unintended feature of the patrol.
      for the time being, I would recommend ferrying from airport to airport(keeping your distance between them less than 4 hr)
      Normally I would but I need to get across the Pacific from Japan to Patagonia to invade the guy who keeps dropping ballistic missiles on my cities,,lol. Don't have time to capture and island hop across the Pacific.
    • Hydralysk wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

10,000 , well within range. Wouldn't give me the option to ferry there if it was out of range.
      Like they wrote before, looks like time to turn in a bug report and hope they get cracking on it.
      Do the creators of this game hire QA? I could write bug reports for this game but I'm not sure if it would be wasted effort or if I should just ask if they're hiring devs instead.
    • Hakaishin wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

10,000 , well within range. Wouldn't give me the option to ferry there if it was out of range.
      Like they wrote before, looks like time to turn in a bug report and hope they get cracking on it.
      Do the creators of this game hire QA? I could write bug reports for this game but I'm not sure if it would be wasted effort or if I should just ask if they're hiring devs instead.
      Here, this might help: doradogames.com/careers/#vacancies
      seems that there are 2 vacancies now, one being a community manager, the second one being a dev of some kind.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Hakaishin wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

I think they rely on the “general public” to do that
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

Here, this might help: doradogames.com/careers/#vacanciesseems that there are 2 vacancies now, one being a community manager, the second one being a dev of some kind.
      Hmmm...
      >Principal Unity Developer
      >Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our own game engine
      >Writing and maintaining fast code, adhering to international standards
      >fast code

>Qualifications:
      >Ability to produce fast, well documented and easily extendable code (please provide samples if possible)
      >fast code

Forget QA or Dev work...I demand to replace their incompetent Project Manager. To prioritize "fast code" means they're essentially winging it lmao. They aren't even bothering to keep track of their work otherwise their code changes would be reflected the same on mobile and desktop (which their changes to put a timer on aircraft flight DEFINITELY arent as there isnt even a visible timer on mobile for users to know when they should return........)

Red Snapper wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

Hydralysk wrote:

MuskokaMike wrote:

I think they rely on the “general public” to do that
      Unfortunately very typical and short sighted. They must be working to be bought out and be done with the game; leaving fixing it to someone else. Oh well.
    • Sigh.

Let me explain.

"Fast code" isn't the same as "code fast".

Among other characteristics, fast code isn't bloated with unnecessary layers of abstraction, toolkit inefficiencies, and/or memory- and bandwidth-wasting features or generalities that aren't needed for the job at hand.

Fast code is sometimes thought of and implemented as "close to the metal" code.

Dorado wants someone who understands what's going on in the guts of their computers and who will use those computers efficiently.

This requires making making good choices in higher-level languages - Choices that make it possible for compilers to do their jobs well.

Depending on how far Dorado wants to go down the "fast code" path, tt might also involve understanding how to correctly shift some work out of general purpose CPUs/cores or virtual-machines, and put that work into the sorts of specialized computing engines that companies like NVIDA make, or perhaps into even more specialized semi-custom hardware.

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

Sigh.

Let me explain.

"Fast code" isn't the same as "code fast".

Among other characteristics, fast code isn't bloated with unnecessary layers of abstraction, toolkit inefficiencies, and/or memory- and bandwidth-wasting features or generalities that aren't needed for the job at hand.

Fast code is sometimes thought of and implemented as "close to the metal" code.

Dorado wants someone who understands what's going on in the guts of their computers and who will use those computers efficiently.

This requires making making good choices in higher-level languages - Choices that make it possible for compilers to do their jobs well.

Depending on how far Dorado wants to go down the "fast code" path, tt might also involve understanding how to correctly shift some work out of general purpose CPUs/cores or virtual-machines, and put that work into the sorts of specialized computing engines that companies like NVIDA make, or perhaps into even more specialized semi-custom hardware.
      Fair enough. Either way, this is still a bug as if one decides to change the airbase a unit is ferrying to, it automatically returns to the airbase it is flying from. Attempting to set the unit to ferry TO the originally chosen airbase it is to fly towards doesnt help; the unit simply returns all the way back to the airbase its coming from even if that distance is farther than the destination airbase the user is attempting to have it fly towards.