About Naval Aircrafts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• About Naval Aircrafts

So the Devs made ACV their own thing a while back which made me think about NASF, NSF and NAWACS still part of the regular research line.
      This is more of a question than a suggestion of making them their own thing, but at what point does Naval Aircraft are viable other than using AC?
      Naval Aircrafts take extra time to research, more res to mobilize and higher building req. and tech level by day and their stats are the same so other than the ability to launch from AC, which needs time and res themselves to get, I see no reason to get them.
      I remember one time a Coalition ally used Naval Aircraft only but personally the difference in stats are superficial and both time and res can be used somewhere else.
      Who use naval aircrafts here that can enlighten me?
    • Still though, It's kind of a shame that both aircraft lines only difference is if they can use the AC or not, which automatically makes them worse by default. Sure, an extra point in HP or two can be useful, but those res can be used for an extra plane instead.
      Maybe a slight adjustment in stat or cost might do something for them.
      Oh well, it is what it is.
    • CinnamonStick wrote:

J saying the naval strike does a lot more vs ships and some naval units are better than their counter parts and some (not all) people would argue your navy is not complete with out aircraft carrier and and aircraft carrier is not complete without aircraft and it’s true thst aircraft can be a very useful addition to your navy
      Its more about attrition, you see.
      Sure, NSF is good against ships and the only counter is ASF or NASF or a Frigate stack defending the fleet.
      But the cost in resources for Naval Aircraft is higher than just mobilizing Frigates, never mind Naval Warfare, which unless strictly necessary, many would rather forgo and stick on land, which most of the action would take place.
    • V1nd1c4t0r wrote:

Still though, It's kind of a shame that both aircraft lines only difference is if they can use the AC or not, which automatically makes them worse by default. Sure, an extra point in HP or two can be useful, but those res can be used for an extra plane instead.
      Maybe a slight adjustment in stat or cost might do something for them.
      Oh well, it is what it is.
      For many players the biggest reason they research the naval variant is for damage splitting. A stack with 1 ASF, 2 NSF, 2 SF is going to be able to take much more damage before losing a plane over a stack of 5 SF. The damage splitting is worth the extra 1K rare and supplies in research costs for many. The NSF is also unarguably a stronger aircraft and yes, can be landed on carriers if wanted.