Simulating Resource Output, Building Construction, and Unit Mobilizations

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• KFGauss wrote:

If a (short-distance) floating-point penalty was being applied to the Iranian cities I monitored, and if (separately) the penalties were only displayed as integers, I'd expect to see some instances of 0 penalties displayed (when an actual penalty of something like 0.2 was getting displayed as 0).
      Or, equally likely IMHO, they just may not display them when rounded to 0.
      Similarly, the Civilian Casualties (which do not apply to your example, but are relevant for the display to be considered evidence) may be floating-point yet not shown when less than 0.5.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

If a (short-distance) floating-point penalty was being applied to the Iranian cities I monitored, and if (separately) the penalties were only displayed as integers, I'd expect to see some instances of 0 penalties displayed (when an actual penalty of something like 0.2 was getting displayed as 0).
      Or, equally likely IMHO, they just may not display them when rounded to 0.Similarly, the Civilian Casualties (which do not apply to your example, but are relevant for the display to be considered evidence) may be floating-point yet not shown when less than 0.5.
      Understood.

If I thought we were likely to come up with an unambiguous answer soon, this would be a good time to bet a beverage on the result. ;)
    • Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Or, equally likely IMHO, they just may not display them when rounded to 0.Similarly, the Civilian Casualties (which do not apply to your example, but are relevant for the display to be considered evidence) may be floating-point yet not shown when less than 0.5.
      ok the most annoying example I've noticed is the resources, they actually round up to the nearest 1k so you think you have enough to build something when you don't... so you go into the market and scrounge around a bit then go try to build it again and you're missing like 3 omgoodness so frustrating. Mobile version idk about PC interface, you're always clicking on the resources bar to see exactly how many you have.
    • Hakville wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

ok the most annoying example I've noticed is the resources, they actually round up to the nearest 1k so you think you have enough to build something when you don't... so you go into the market and scrounge around a bit then go try to build it again and you're missing like 3 omgoodness so frustrating. Mobile version idk about PC interface, you're always clicking on the resources bar to see exactly how many you have.
      Agreed - You can largely make that annoyance go away by buying the security council membership. If you are short a few of something, instead of "starting" it you queue it, and construction/mobilization starts once enough of the the missing item accumulates.

The system is imperfect, but useable.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Hakville wrote:

Mobile version idk about PC interface
      For serious play I consider PC necessary.
      There you see the exact resources amount (among many other advantages).
      Not to mention the various bugs on mobile :cursing: ...

And also the general better feeling that comes with playing on Desktop :thumbsup:
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Here's a graph of my five Iranian cities' morale.

The up/down changing for no obvious reason that I described above, shows clearly.

The X-Axis is Game-Time in minutes.

The line colors suck - I'll fix that and repost this soon-ish.

I also need to add some annotations to explain the long-term effects that I can explain (such as the time that game AI thought I was inactive and declared war on Finland :cursing: )

The dots on the Teheran line show when the data in all the graphs was collected.

I often collected the info more than once per day, but when couldn't (or was lazy) the once per day info is what causes the diagonal lines between one day an the next.

Iran_Morale.PNG

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• Related to this topic, we've discussed insurgents attacking territories (in a thread I cannot locate in Google, alas, shame on me ;-(). So I figured I post this here.

I made an observation in a game where multiple AI countries are attacking me (a joyful occasion to learn something new). The expansion moves occur all at the same time for insurgents as well as other AIs. This clock is random, and is separate from that of the insurgent spawning.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player