Airmobile infantry hp issue

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Airmobile infantry hp issue

Recently I am under heavy attacks by airmobile infantry, biggest I ever experienced and something seems wrong with their hp.

Namely, my opponent uses lvl 6 mobile infantry which has 20 hp.

In air, I am pretty much capable of destroying it but once it lands... it doesnt make sense.
      I ambushed it with 4 lvl 6 motorized infantry and given it should do 4x6dmg one shot should be enough. But instead it took just 3 damage...
      If I hit the landed unit with stack of strikers it survives - even if strikers should wipe them no matter if it counts as infantry or heli.
      This time I waited till it lands, till it takes over my province and hit it with 4 lvl 4 mlrs ... 4x6 = 24 damage. Guess what ? Still alive.

To make things more weird, province we are fighting for is forrest which means -25% defense for airmobile. Yet it survives attacks that should be one shots.
    • Teburu wrote:

There is also a dmg reduction of 25% when in the province center due to entrenchment.
      Is this speciality of airmobile or does it work for all the infantry ? To be honest, this is first time I heard about entrenchment bonus in middle of province.

Kinda doesnt make sense if airmobile gets -25% less defensive damage in forrested area that means its not good terrain for them to fight so why is there defensive bonus in middle of province anyway ?
    • Entrenchment is a mechanic that applies to all units in the center of a province (that they own or are allied with). Bunkers and combat outposts can increase this bonus which then ofc reduces the damage taken even further.

Defensive Bonus doesn’t matter that much to Airborne because just like specops they are meant to be used in an offensive role if they are used for combat at all.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Zefyros22 wrote:

Recently I am under heavy attacks by airmobile infantry, biggest I ever experienced and something seems wrong with their hp.

Namely, my opponent uses lvl 6 mobile infantry which has 20 hp.

In air, I am pretty much capable of destroying it but once it lands... it doesnt make sense.
      I ambushed it with 4 lvl 6 motorized infantry and given it should do 4x6dmg one shot should be enough. But instead it took just 3 damage...
      You sure it only took 3 damage?
    • japan samurai wrote:

You sure it only took 3 damage?
      Pretty sure. It showed 17/20 hps remaining. I thought its simply similar issue as landing glitch where unit is disembarking, you cancel order, click again and suddenly ship turns into ground unit only this happens with air assault and game still counts landing infantry as helicopter. Only later - after smashing that unit with air strike and artillery I realized that motorized infantry doesnt have attack towards helicopters to begin with, so... kinda doesnt make sense if airmobile counts as heli even while landing, it should be 0 damage, not 3 and if it counts as infantry it should have 4x6 = 24 damage (-25% reduction for middle of province). But 3 damage doesnt make sense at all.

Anybody else ever experienced it or was it one time glitch ?

As for stealth unit theory - I destroyed the unit and there was no mention of ,,special forces" in economy news. Even after game ended the guy had no special forces.
    • playbabe wrote:

It was an exploitable glitch, well not anymore. they patched that out so now all disembarking unit will become ground unit immediatly.
      I am not 200% sure on this. Disembarquingunits take imcredible damage
      from Ships. I asume the are shown as landunitd, they provide landumit capabilizes such as active AA. But when it comes to damage they count as convoy with 12 HP and Water. Only thing is those 12 HP seem tobe recalcualted into landunit HP(percentage).

Example: I landed a recon and an inf. A railgun in a city fired on me. damage should havebeen somewhat of 6. But the units lost 10HP.

I will try next with a unit with more HP difference betwenn water and land mode for more confirmation
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.