What’s Your Day 5, 10, 15, 20... Order Of Research (OOR)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Nation guard for sure. They are cheap and you can often get that advantage at the beginning of the game. It's very critical to get off to a good start.

Also, can overlook putting a hospital in your city with an airport. Heal those units. Losing units cost you lots of valuable resources.

But, something that no one has mentioned is getting in a good coalition with actual winning players. A good team can often be a huge difference-maker.
      :D Sorry for killing your people....not.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

ERehyDAErLA wrote:

Red Snapper wrote:

WednesdayAddams wrote:

order of research hmm? well let me tell you i ALWAYS research mot inf and asf first in EVERY game :D
      What about national guard???
      National Guard is good if you level it up enough. It's main goal is for defense. However, despite being good for defense, its not as good for counter-insurgency missions. So your best shot at defeating insurgents is to put national guard at a city with 25% morale or less, as those cities have a higher chance of being insurgent-occupied. Therefore, I don't reccomend researching national guard.
      Actually, I prefer National Guards (NGs) to basic infantry. As many other threads about NGs and melee combat have been written on this subject, the advantage of NGs is their cheap price, short mobilization timeframe, and defensive suitability (50% defensive bonus in cities). I only use them for early game defense, for taking territories and cities, and then holding those cities from insurgents. It is more cost effective than any other infantry for these roles. Since a level 1 NG does pretty much the same thing as a fully upgraded one, and can handle insurgents with ease, I don’t recommend wasting research slots on them.
      Instead use all those resources and research slots to get either aircraft, navy, or artillery. Have these units clear the way for NGs to come behind and swallow countries.

Pro tip: Always seek to avoid melee, this goes double for NGs.
      i use NGs in late game. Early game i just prefer using infrantry because my lack of Electronics is what hampers me from producing more air units such. As gunships or Air supperiority, so i just use and invest them into infrantry that would deal with CRV rushes much easier and better than NGs. Other than that Like you said, you have to avoid melee at all cost around day 14. Which really adds that strain on you’re airforces, thus sometimes i get Armoured units since Melee spammers will prevail and still grab a precious city from you if you’re troops can’t hold well and you’re heli force / airforce took a beating trying to take down that stack of 10 or so.

Happened to me , i held my infrantry down for as long as possible and then retreated them when the stack no longer had any infrantry so my infrantry would not die and The stack could not conquer the city.
    • The game I am currently playing right now is what I am using national guard in, and I gotta say, they are pretty useful. I had a stack of 5 in a city in which insurgents popped up. The national guard defeated the insurgents within 2 hours (4x speed). The national guard is level 6 now, and the defense level is pretty high. I recently decided to start every game researching the national guard. The only problem is, it's weak in attacking. So I stacked infantry with the national guard and got a pretty good turnout in both attack and defense. It's costing a lot of rare materials to keep leveling up both infantry and the national guard. But I can say, it's pretty useful. Use it wisely, my comrades.
      ERehyDAErLA
      "Yes, Indiana should gain its independence. We shall invade Illinois. They aren't looking too good right now." - Anonymous
      "Say Wyoming doesn't exist, and we will blow Yellowstone in your face." - Drew Durnil
      "If you live in Whiting, like me, you're just asking to get your car stolen." - ERehyDAErLA
    • ERehyDAErLA wrote:

The game I am currently playing right now is what I am using national guard in, and I gotta say, they are pretty useful. I had a stack of 5 in a city in which insurgents popped up. The national guard defeated the insurgents within 2 hours (4x speed). The national guard is level 6 now, and the defense level is pretty high. I recently decided to start every game researching the national guard. The only problem is, it's weak in attacking. So I stacked infantry with the national guard and got a pretty good turnout in both attack and defense. It's costing a lot of rare materials to keep leveling up both infantry and the national guard. But I can say, it's pretty useful. Use it wisely, my comrades.
      OK but if you use nat guard you must have ONE THING: AIR SUPERIORITY!!! If not then your NG is just chicken feed for SF, HG and other. So you gotta have ASF, aa guns mixed into your armies stacks. Me personally I just lvl up to max lvl of mot inf (to get that ranged capabilities) Perfect for rushing enemy territory.
    • Correct. I usually research heavy bombers to keep the national guard from the risk of attack. If not bombers, then I don't know what else would keep them from being defeated. Got any ideas?
      ERehyDAErLA
      "Yes, Indiana should gain its independence. We shall invade Illinois. They aren't looking too good right now." - Anonymous
      "Say Wyoming doesn't exist, and we will blow Yellowstone in your face." - Drew Durnil
      "If you live in Whiting, like me, you're just asking to get your car stolen." - ERehyDAErLA
    • Yes. as California (Battleground USA), mobile artillery is a must. Attacks from the west are frequent.
      ERehyDAErLA
    • ERehyDAErLA wrote:

The game I am currently playing right now is what I am using national guard in, and I gotta say, they are pretty useful. I had a stack of 5 in a city in which insurgents popped up. The national guard defeated the insurgents within 2 hours (4x speed). The national guard is level 6 now, and the defense level is pretty high. I recently decided to start every game researching the national guard. The only problem is, it's weak in attacking. So I stacked infantry with the national guard and got a pretty good turnout in both attack and defense. It's costing a lot of rare materials to keep leveling up both infantry and the national guard. But I can say, it's pretty useful. Use it wisely, my comrades.
      Personally, I never lvl up my NG's. I never make mot inf, and almost never make any other infantry other than marines if I am playing rising tides.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • Understandable. The name has the word "tides" in it, so anything naval you should research unless you are landlocked. Kyrgyzstan, which is what I normally play in Rising Tides. has no access to the sea. Therefore, aircraft is better for landlocked nations.
      ERehyDAErLA
    • ERehyDAErLA wrote:

Understandable. The name has the word "tides" in it, so anything naval you should research unless you are landlocked. Kyrgyzstan, which is what I normally play in Rising Tides. has no access to the sea. Therefore, aircraft is better for landlocked nations.
      Well, I only do it because of how much easier it makes seizing victory sites - especially Scandinavia.
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D
    • Wait, Scandanavia has a victory site?
      ERehyDAErLA
    • I really have to start playing it again. I'm more of an overkill dude.
      ERehyDAErLA
    • Most of the time it is easiest to clear out an enemy country with fighters, and then sending in your single NGs to take all the territories once there is no resistance. However, I’ll try to explain how NGs are used in a active battle situation by most pros that I have played against.

First off, here is your basic land OOB: ASF, artillery, Sams, radar, NGs. (Other units such as attack choppers, SF and naval fighter variants, could also be included but for this exercise I’m sticking with the basics).

First principal, you never want the enemy to see what units you have. So avoid flying aircraft over enemy territories, and don’t send your artillery stacks with radar/Sams into a territory until it’s taken. To do this, keep a single NG ahead of your artillery stacks and snag territories that are empty based on your radar. Upon contact with an enemy radar contact, shoot and scoot back to reload. Your ASF should be patrolling slightly behind your artillery stacks, ready to engage weak units such as lone infantry stacks or helicopters (avoid ASF vs ASF battles when possible). And generally use patrol attack, it means a shorter distance traveled and can often mean the enemy never actually sees your stack. If the opportunity presents itself, destroying enemy airfields and/or timing your strikes to hit enemy aircraft on the ground is of course most welcome.

Once it becomes clear that there are no enemy units in the area, then you can send in swarms of NGs to take all those open territories and cities.

Unless you are fighting a player with a similar style, your losses will be minimal if used properly.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Most of the time it is easiest to clear out an enemy country with fighters, and then sending in your single NGs to take all the territories once there is no resistance. However, I’ll try to explain how NGs are used in a active battle situation by most pros that I have played against.

First off, here is your basic land OOB: ASF, artillery, Sams, radar, NGs. (Other units such as attack choppers, SF and naval fighter variants, could also be included but for this exercise I’m sticking with the basics).

First principal, you never want the enemy to see what units you have. So avoid flying aircraft over enemy territories, and don’t send your artillery stacks with radar/Sams into a territory until it’s taken. To do this, keep a single NG ahead of your artillery stacks and snag territories that are empty based on your radar. Upon contact with an enemy radar contact, shoot and scoot back to reload. Your ASF should be patrolling slightly behind your artillery stacks, ready to engage weak units such as lone infantry stacks or helicopters (avoid ASF vs ASF battles when possible). And generally use patrol attack, it means a shorter distance traveled and can often mean the enemy never actually sees your stack. If the opportunity presents itself, destroying enemy airfields and/or timing your strikes to hit enemy aircraft on the ground is of course most welcome.

Once it becomes clear that there are no enemy units in the area, then you can send in swarms of NGs to take all those open territories and cities.

Unless you are fighting a player with a similar style, your losses will be minimal if used properly.
      Thank you. That should be really helpful :)
      ERehyDAErLA
    • ERehyDAErLA wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Most of the time it is easiest to clear out an enemy country with fighters, and then sending in your single NGs to take all the territories once there is no resistance. However, I’ll try to explain how NGs are used in a active battle situation by most pros that I have played against.

Thank you. That should be really helpful :)
      Anytime my friend, good luck!
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • ERehyDAErLA wrote:

Understandable. The name has the word "tides" in it, so anything naval you should research unless you are landlocked. Kyrgyzstan, which is what I normally play in Rising Tides. has no access to the sea. Therefore, aircraft is better for landlocked nations.
      I rarely play rising tides (im not very good at naval)

I like bgusa map better because its more land and air based