Running out of Rare Materials - How to Fix?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• goth y boi wrote:

In my most recent game (ww3 as Kenya), I’m having a Rare Materials shortage at day 6, even though I have conquered 2 other players’ RM cities. What can I do to quickly increase production, ASAP?

Thanks
      1) Buy Rares from the Market.

2) I was on a conquering binge in a Pacific Theater map (I was capturing abandon countries' as fast as I could) and experienced this (hourly) Rares production history. You can use this to get a sense of what you can expect in your game if you want to improve your production by expanding rapidly.

You can safely assume that about 1/5th of the captured cities produced Rares.

Remember that the recently captured ones still have low morale and aren't producing much yet.

Source Code

1. Day 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
      2. Captured Cities 0 1 4 8 10 16 21 27 28 32 32 46 52 63 68 78 85 98
      3. Hourly Rares ??? 40 46 56 61 68 76 85 90 97 100 115 120 138 152 162 176 198
    • goth y boi wrote:

In my most recent game (ww3 as Kenya), I’m having a Rare Materials shortage at day 6, even though I have conquered 2 other players’ RM cities. What can I do to quickly increase production, ASAP?
      First realize that freshly conquered cities produce very little.

The quickest way (still taking several days to yield extra material, alas) may be upgrading your RM city ArmI, if you have not done so yet.

Not quick, but a long term solution: look for available RM producing provinces and conquer those, then build LocInd. Make sure you maintain morale as high as possible by clearing nearby enemy areas (as well as finish wars fast).
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

goth y boi wrote:

First realize that freshly conquered cities produce very little.
      The quickest way (still taking several days to yield extra material, alas) may be upgrading your RM city ArmI, if you have not done so yet.

Not quick, but a long term solution: look for available RM producing provinces and conquer those, then build LocInd. Make sure you maintain morale as high as possible by clearing nearby enemy areas (as well as finish wars fast).
      Let's use Playbabe's spreadsheet look at a Rares City with a 5 population.

If it's your Homeland City with 85% Morale, it will produce 1118 Rares per day.
      An Arms Industry's 10% boost in that Homeland City will produce another 112 per day.

If it's a captured City (someone else's Homeland) with a 16% Morale it will match the Arms Industry by producing 112 Rares per day.
      With a 34% morale that captured City will produce 156 per day.
      With a 40% morale that captured City will produce 170 per day.

If I didn't do something stupid while getting those numbers, it looks to me like capturing a city has a bigger payoff than building/upgrading an Arms Industry.

In typical public games, quickly capturing a few abandoned homeland cities is often pretty easy.

The post was edited 4 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Steps:
      1. Buy gold.
      2. Annex the cities and use gold to accelerate their annexation.
      3. Build up to lvl 5 arms industries in those cities and again, use gold to accelerate them.
      4. Use gold to boost their morale to 100% and keep doing this every day.
      Optional. Use gold to buy supplies.
      Repeat this step 10-15 times and you will have the strongest economy ever.

Tbh i dont do this, just wanna support the game by telling other ppl into buying gold.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • While its not exactly answer you seek, id suggest focusing on your research order bit more.

There are units that cost lot of materials to research - rockets, ships, planes and there are units that dont cost much to research - naval air superiority fighter, naval striker, ground radar, officers,... If you wanna maximize your research potencial, try to combine expensive + cheap research in the beginning till higher morale and production of conquered cities/provinces start to kick in.
    • ludovit8 wrote:

what do you think about building recruitment office lvl1 for better morale in annexed cities. (except arms industry). It is cheap and it has little effect for morally too. Is it worthable?
      hi, recruitmentcenter hasni influence on resources production.

itonly increases your menpower production and reduces the construction timeof units
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Juat ro give you some rough ideas on research. i have 50 cities and I make 3000 rares. thats enoigh for one top research a smal
      one auch as radar. awac or an officer. i try ro keep the research running 24/7 cuz in late game you are short on research slots. my experience is with 4000 rares per day you start to accumulating and you never run short. provlem
      in late game is supply. at least if you play heavy on sam
      and mrl like me
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Juat ro give you some rough ideas on research. i have 50 cities and I make 3000 rares. thats enoigh for one top research a smal
      one auch as radar. awac or an officer. i try ro keep the research running 24/7 cuz in late game you are short on research slots. my experience is with 4000 rares per day you start to accumulating and you never run short. provlem
      in late game is supply. at least if you play heavy on sam
      and mrl like me
      Yep, u never run out of RM in late game. Even me, who uses stealth aircraft, does not run out of them. And also I still run out of supplies tho i make strong air force
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Just to give you some rough ideas on research. I have 50 cities and I make 3000 rares. That is enough for one top research, a small one such as radar, awac, or an officer. I try to keep the research running 24/7 cuz in late game you are short on research slots. My experience is with 4000 rares per day you start to accumulate and you never run short. The problem in late game is supplies, at least if you play heavy on SAM's and MRL's like me.
      That is my exact problem right now! I have an absurd amount of Components but am really low on Supplies and Electronics. I have max lvl MRL's and SAM's. Any recommendations?
      Overkill is an Awesome Map! :D