what will happen here?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Answer = When it's time for them to return to an air base, If they can't reach a friendly air base - They die

Friendly bases are certainly their own bases, and my gut says that "friendly" should also include any airbase where they have a right-of-way agreement with another player. My gut might be wrong.

I'm definitely reaching the edge of my expertise comfort-zone when I also say that I'm 60% sure that they won't do a "Ferry" flight (distance = thousands) to reach a base that's far away. However, if they do ferry to a far-away base, I think you'll be happy because that base will be far away from you.

In other words, for an aircraft on a combat mission to find a place to land after the base the aircraft departed-from gets destroyed (or the base HP drops below 40%), I *think* the friendly base has to be within the aircraft's combat radius (not the plane's ferry radius).

Regardless, I can confirm that your instinct to knock out your opponent(s) airbase(s) is almost always a good thing to do, so long as the price you pay doing it isn't too high.
    • So - They did go on a Ferry trip - My gut was wrong about that - But the big picture plan was to at least send them packing to a location far from you, so that worked.

The obvious next thing to do it to keep an eye on provinces and cities to spot any new/other air bases that are under construction and destroy them too.

Good luck to ya - You're welcome.
    • If he's smart, he will do a couple of CAPs over the airfeild 24/7. And put counter-ops in them too. And well yes the planes will relocate to the nearest airfield. If not in range but over ground, they will not die. Instead, they become transport trucks. (15hp each, 2.5 agiainst soft and hard (or at least I think it is 2.5 against hard, Im not sure)) However, IDK about planes over oceans
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

If he's smart, he will do a couple of CAPs over the airfeild 24/7. And put counter-ops in them too. And well yes the planes will relocate to the nearest airfield. If not in range but over ground, they will not die. Instead, they become transport trucks. (15hp each, 2.5 agiainst soft and hard (or at least I think it is 2.5 against hard, Im not sure)) However, IDK about planes over oceans
      Are you saying that an aircraft that is in the air, and can't reach any friendly air base will land somewhere (no air base needed) and become a truck? I'll be really surprised in that gets confirmed.

Destroying an air base while aircraft are n the ground is a different story - The OP was asking about aircraft that were in the air.
    • KFGauss wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

If he's smart, he will do a couple of CAPs over the airfeild 24/7. And put counter-ops in them too. And well yes the planes will relocate to the nearest airfield. If not in range but over ground, they will not die. Instead, they become transport trucks. (15hp each, 2.5 agiainst soft and hard (or at least I think it is 2.5 against hard, Im not sure)) However, IDK about planes over oceans
      Are you saying that an aircraft that is in the air, and can't reach any friendly air base will land somewhere (no air base needed) and become a truck? I'll be really surprised in that gets confirmed.
      Destroying an air base while aircraft are n the ground is a different story - The OP was asking about aircraft that were in the air.
      Oh right ok sry I mixed them up. Just demolished one of my air bases and the ASF died. My bad
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron