How to Defeat Elite Battlegroup? (Naval Officer)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to Defeat Elite Battlegroup? (Naval Officer)

So I am sincerely interested in how people manage to destroy an admiral in an elite battlegroup. It seems as if you can't even shoot max-level cruise missiles at them without losing all of them before they hit the target. Now I have never had my admiral go up against another admiral, so I don't know how that would work out, but has anyone ever killed one themselves? What is the easiest way to not lose several ships in the process? In my particular case, I have an enemy with an admiral level 5 and max level cruisers (3 cruisers). I am currently researching basic admiral and will level him up ASAP.
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

It seems as if you can't even shoot max-level cruise missiles at them without losing all of them before they hit the target.

Sure you can, and (eventually) they can wipe out a battlegroup. Look at the numbers: CM6 has HP=15, ATK=50;
      the BG you mentioned has anti-missile DEF=7*135%=9.45. So, launching a number of missiles (timed well so as to exploit the AA cooldown) would deliver heavy damage: 26/missile, provided they only go through a single AA hit each; but the first missile (absorbing a double hit) would be shot down, indeed.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• Zozo001 wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

It seems as if you can't even shoot max-level cruise missiles at them without losing all of them before they hit the target.
      Sure you can, and (eventually) they can wipe out a battlegroup. Look at the numbers: CM6 has HP=15, ATK=50;
      the BG you mentioned has anti-missile DEF=7*135%=9.45. So, launching a number of missiles (timed well so as to exploit the AA cooldown) would deliver heavy damage: 26/missile, provided they only go through a single AA hit each; but the first missile (absorbing a double hit) would be shot down, indeed.
      lol, thx. I sent three waves of cruise missiles to kill it using the cooldown of his anti-air. I sunk 6 cruisers and 1 lvl 5 admiral with my level 4 admiral and 2 cruisers. lol I didn't lose a single one.
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

• Zozo001 wrote:

Tom_Cruise wrote:

Attack sub stack + commander should do it.
      Very doubtful, alas - cruisers have huge HP advantage,which is usually decisive.

kurtvonstein wrote:

cruisers vs submarines? you eat dirt. they do 5 damage tosubs. subs does 19 in deep water.

if you have an admiral them he is doing the hard work in thiabattle. he gives you sonar( otherwise the other guy would just hit and runyou every hour) and some decent sub damage.
      I was able to destroy the stack today with cruise missiles and my own admiral. I never even lost a ship!

• Tom_Cruise wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

I was able to destroy the stack today with cruise missiles and my own admiral. I never even lost a ship!
      How many missiles did you use in total? What timing separation did you use for each salvo to get through his AA?
      I sent 4 missiles max-level tomahawk cruise missiles in the first wave. then about 1 minute later I launched the second wave. right about then I saw the first wave hit where a couple of cruise missiles actually got through and dropped a cruiser. the second wave was 6 missiles and there was no AA resistance. then I launched 2 more missiles to drop the last crippled cruiser. Another great way to do it is with the hit-and-run strategy. Hit with your ships and missiles for the first wave, drop back out of his range, and then send the second wave. That's how I like to do it.

• BlackStarMedia wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

Sure you can, and (eventually) they can wipe out a battlegroup. Look at the numbers: CM6 has HP=15, ATK=50;the BG you mentioned has anti-missile DEF=7*135%=9.45. So, launching a number of missiles (timed well so as to exploit the AA cooldown) would deliver heavy damage: 26/missile, provided they only go through a single AA hit each; but the first missile (absorbing a double hit) would be shot down, indeed.
      lol, thx. I sent three waves of cruise missiles to kill it using the cooldown of his anti-air. I sunk 6 cruisers and 1 lvl 5 admiral with my level 4 admiral and 2 cruisers. lol I didn't lose a single one.
      Make sure you use Frigates inside you’re admiral stack and also have a frigate stack travelling nearby the admiral at all times to help with missile defence. If it works against enemy it will work against you.
    • japan samurai wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

BlackStarMedia wrote:

Sure you can, and (eventually) they can wipe out a battlegroup. Look at the numbers: CM6 has HP=15, ATK=50;the BG you mentioned has anti-missile DEF=7*135%=9.45. So, launching a number of missiles (timed well so as to exploit the AA cooldown) would deliver heavy damage: 26/missile, provided they only go through a single AA hit each; but the first missile (absorbing a double hit) would be shot down, indeed.
      Make sure you use Frigates inside you’re admiral stack and also have a frigate stack travelling nearby the admiral at all times to help with missile defence. If it works against enemy it will work against you.
      Thank you, I do have the stack with admiral, 4 cruisers max level, and 3 frigates max level with a group of 4 frigates on their tail