Hospital ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hospital ships

To my knowledge, ths havent been proposed before.
      Hospital ship
      Description:
      A kind of ship that heals its companions in a fleet, the hospital ship has no defence against other units and must be protected by ither ships.
      Tier 125 hp+1hp/day
      Tier 230 hp+2hp/day
      Tier 335 hp+3hp/day

It heals ships in the same stack with it.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Tbh, i would prefer a system of anchorage that extends the heal rate of a hospital to the anchored ships. I know that "at seas" repairs exist, but generally speaking, a damaged ship goes back to the dry dock.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Navy is so powerful... I think the limited healing ability helps balance it.

Navy stacks are the closes thing you can get to invincible in CoN I think (AA, 100 range, tons of HP, good damage against everything that can do significant damage to it)

If "juggernaught" navy stacks can heal 5 HP per day per ship and you can't even chip away at it's HP, I think a naval advantage would just snowball harder than it already does.

I'd vote against healing naval units any faster. And for the record, navy is my favorite part of the game.
    • yes, i always suggested to implement unit swapping mechanics from iron order where you can switch state of unit. such as in iron order, battleship can submerged and become submarine with entirely different stats.

we can implement this in CoN and allow ship & sub to switch to repair state where it can’t attack and have significantly lower max hp to boost healing
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

Navy is so powerful... I think the limited healing ability helps balance it.

Navy stacks are the closes thing you can get to invincible in CoN I think (AA, 100 range, tons of HP, good damage against everything that can do significant damage to it)

If "juggernaught" navy stacks can heal 5 HP per day per ship and you can't even chip away at it's HP, I think a naval advantage would just snowball harder than it already does.

I'd vote against healing naval units any faster. And for the record, navy is my favorite part of the game.

This would indeed work better with some serious ground to sea units.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • playbabe wrote:

well maybe yes but what if i say in exchange of removed passive water heal from ground unit
      Sure, why not? Makes the game more realistic and less noobs being at disadvantage.

Teburu wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      Another single-lined answer...No elabouration? Seriously? I mean at least from ur other toxic posts there are at least reasons, albeit ridiculous ones.
      Don’t expect elaborate answers on topics that already have various threads dedicated to them.The search option is your friend.

I would like to say that I have already searched, both in Google and in this forum. The most related thing is drydocks, wjich i am also in favor of, and would like one or both to be implemented tbh.
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      Another single-lined answer...No elabouration? Seriously? I mean at least from ur other toxic posts there are at least reasons, albeit ridiculous ones.
      IKR

I agree with this, can it be implemented into stacks... that if the convoy would stop it could repair as they stop. Or they're in a stack but repairing slower.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      IKR
      I agree with this, can it be implemented into stacks... that if the convoy would stop it could repair as they stop. Or they're in a stack but repairing slower.
      okay, but in exchange navy gets massively nerfed.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Navy is the back bone and a core to any countries military... nerfing them would be wrong. But giving U.K and Australia a bigger advantage is also bad. I'm stuck?

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Navy is the back bone and a core to any countries military... nerfing them would be wrong. But giving U.K and Australia a bigger advantage is also bad. I'm stuck?
      Ehhh, not really
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

• You need a navy if you're connected to an ocean... like if China had the supply of transport ships it needed it would've had already attacked Taiwan.

The British without its navy... is like a pirate without his treasure!

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      JFK - I'm surprised that when you did your research you didn't find Teb's already well-expressed objections to accelerating ship healing.

I did a quick search for "navy" and "healing" and found the same sentiments that are in this thread so far, plus a few others.

What you or any suggester need to establish *before* suggesting a mechanism/solution is whether a problem exists.

Also, the problem description needs to name a Dorado design goal that most people will agree isn't being met.

If you can do that, you can build your suggestion on a solid foundation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• KFGauss wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      JFK - I'm surprised that when you did your research you didn't find Teb's already well-expressed objections to accelerating ship healing.
      I did a quick search for "navy" and "healing" and found the same sentiments that are in this thread so far, plus a few others.

What you or any suggester need to establish *before* suggesting a mechanism/solution is whether a problem exists.

Also, the problem description needs to name a Dorado design goal that most people will agree isn't being met.

If you can do that, you can build your suggestion on a solid foundation.
      The probem here, you see , is that tships take too long to heal, and well I cant search the same suggestions as you
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

The probem here, you see , is that tships take too long to heal, and well I cant search the same suggestions as you
      Dorado wants ships to take a long time to heal. You're going to need to convince them that is a mistake. Why is it a mistake?

You can do the same search I did. I'm assuming your computer/phone/device can start a Google search in a browser. Just run a search using these words without the quote characters.
      "site:forum.conflictnations.com navy healing"

You should see a long list of results.
    • KFGauss wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Dorado wants ships to take a long time to heal. You're going to need to convince them that is a mistake. Why is it a mistake?
      You can do the same search I did. I'm assuming your computer/phone/device can start a Google search in a browser. Just run a search using these words without the quote characters.

Um yeah thats exactly what I did, I assume u misunderstood? THe threads there are all about how noobs were asking how to heal ships
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Dorado wants ships to take a long time to heal. You're going to need to convince them that is a mistake. Why is it a mistake?You can do the same search I did. I'm assuming your computer/phone/device can start a Google search in a browser. Just run a search using these words without the quote characters.

Um yeah thats exactly what I did, I assume u misunderstood? THe threads there are all about how noobs were asking how to heal ships
      I know that Google's results aren't the same for different users, but I'm surprised that your first results page didn't include results like this suggestion thread that includes the phrase "Hospital Ship" in posts. It is my 4th result:
      Auxiliary Operations Vessel/ Navy healing overhaul

Or these that are further down my results page (one also recommends a new unit that helps ships heal) that include comments from Teb:
      Accelerated Repair
      New unit-REVIVE