Hospital ships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anything from @Colonel Waffles is good... Mr. Waffles is my idol.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• JohnFKennedy wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

okay, but in exchange navy gets massively nerfed.
      Navy is the back bone and a core to any countries military... nerfing them would be wrong. But giving U.K and Australia a bigger advantage is also bad. I'm stuck?
      Ehhh, not really
      In terms of ability to project power, navy is the foundation. First, water is a critical supply line and your navy secures this and denies it to your enemy. There's a lot more to say, but just look at history... I have not researched in depth but I am pretty confident strong navy correlates very tightly to dominant nations.

JohnFKennedy wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Just no
      Another single-lined answer...No elabouration? Seriously? I mean at least from ur other toxic posts there are at least reasons, albeit ridiculous ones.
      JFK - I'm surprised that when you did your research you didn't find Teb's already well-expressed objections to accelerating ship healing.I did a quick search for "navy" and "healing" and found the same sentiments that are in this thread so far, plus a few others.

What you or any suggester need to establish *before* suggesting a mechanism/solution is whether a problem exists.

Also, the problem description needs to name a Dorado design goal that most people will agree isn't being met.

If you can do that, you can build your suggestion on a solid foundation.
      The probem here, you see , is that tships take too long to heal, and well I cant search the same suggestions as you

As I already mentioned I would contest this point... let me put a hypothetical out there....

---
      Player A spends 9,000 resources on navy and buys 3 ships
      Player B spends 12,000 resources on navy and buys 4 ships (33% more)

They fight and Player B ends with 3 ships left (barely) given his compounding advantage over the course of the fight and my rough equation estimating the damage based on remaining HP

So, in terms of HP, the fights would be ~50% worse for Player A. However, healing makes the fight worse for Player A over time... If Player B can heal his ships completely in 1.5 days with expedited healing instead of maybe 7 then the fight is a lot more about surviving unit count which makes the fight 200% worse for Player A (loosing 3 ships vs. 1 ship).
      ---

So... navy advantages snowball much harder.

Most things that are very strong (either lots of HP or lots of damage or both) have hard counters in multiple tabs. Outside the navy tabs, the only hard counter against navy is NPA but that threat is completely mitigated with frigates which are a staple unit (or should be).
    • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

In terms of ability to project power, navy is the foundation. First, water is a critical supply line and your navy secures this and denies it to your enemy. There's a lot more to say, but just look at history... I have not researched in depth but I am pretty confident strong navy correlates very tightly to dominant nations.
      Exactly... if we didn't blockade Cuba during the the Cuban Missile Crisis, we would had a huge dis-advantage and more missiles would be stationed in Cuba. The blockade was they signifigant step, to keep the earth from being ash.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Rainmaker2112 wrote:

n terms of ability to project power, navy is the foundation. First, water is a critical supply line and your navy secures this and denies it to your enemy. There's a lot more to say, but just look at history... I have not researched in depth but I am pretty confident strong navy correlates very tightly to dominant nations.
      Exactly... if we didn't blockade Cuba during the the Cuban Missile Crisis, we would had a huge dis-advantage and more missiles would be stationed in Cuba. The blockade was they signifigant step, to keep the earth from being ash.
      Now, that aint exactly true, but for @Tepupu and @KFC's benefits we wont discuss it here.

Rainmaker2112 wrote:

JohnFKennedy wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

okay, but in exchange navy gets massively nerfed.
      Navy is the back bone and a core to any countries military... nerfing them would be wrong. But giving U.K and Australia a bigger advantage is also bad. I'm stuck?
      Ehhh, not really
      But then there arent any supply lines in this game. (THere should be but then KFG and DoD will spam "Ma realism".) And well the Air Force is actually better at power projection because of its fast deployment time)
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron
    • Opulon wrote:

Tbh, i would prefer a system of anchorage that extends the heal rate of a hospital to the anchored ships. I know that "at seas" repairs exist, but generally speaking, a damaged ship goes back to the dry dock.
      I thought of the same concept.

My thoughts were if a ship came very close to the harbor point / naval base, where a naval base was built along with a hospital would be an area where ships would heal faster.
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

Opulon wrote:

Tbh, i would prefer a system of anchorage that extends the heal rate of a hospital to the anchored ships. I know that "at seas" repairs exist, but generally speaking, a damaged ship goes back to the dry dock.
      I thought of the same concept.
      My thoughts were if a ship came very close to the harbor point / naval base, where a naval base was built along with a hospital would be an area where ships would heal faster.
      Same, I was going to write that, but someone else already did it
      TANKERS
      #StandWithUkraine

"A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesteron