Announcement Season 9 is Live!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SROL wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

3 choppers when maxed. i can't contain my excitement.
      3 x 10 frigates = 30
      er... i don't think so. I wanted to play with them in a game before making any statement in answer to this. The reasons are:

- getting to 10 e-frigs is a piece of work. In summary you need to max research on your frigates, max your e-frigs (11 research slots in total), get your port to level 5 and, of course, get an SW lab;
      - on production alone, having 10 e-frigs carry 30 units costs (approx) 2.5 times more that making 3 level 3 carriers
      - you'd never build 30 e-frigs alone without ships to protect them (look at the anti-ship stats). So i'd presume there should be another couple of stacks of ships in their defense

My bottom line is: e-frigs are cool. They are super expensive (yes, even more than carriers!), and they are support ships. They are not designed as carriers, and if you want to carry air units, you are better off with ships which do that for a living. They do great paired-up with other ships. The possibility to carry choppers in small numbers at the start... well, that's great. But need to check on the 'bug' reported by Playbabe. In short, i want to see if by combining 3 ships i can carry a stack of 5 choppers.

Will revert.

Edit: and the short answer is not. Photos under the latest patch notes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sgniappo ().

• in case you've read this, and didn't read the last path notes (apologies for the x-posting), suggest to go read the patch notes. Or you might make the same mistake i did of building your game strategy around e-frigates. Or worse, like i did, spending gold because you can't wait and you want to see them in action!

in short: you can't stack them, or rather you can have a maximum of one carrier-like unit in a stack.

Interesting note on the post above: 10 e-frigs are then part of 10 stacks, each of which has a maximum of 3 choppers inside.

Suggest to wait for a new patch note that says that the issue is fixed.
    • well this is kind of interesting from a marketing point if view and I would love to see the video of the release board when the had to make the decision.

you can either release the patch with the new cool unir and boost your XMAs / end of the year sales knowing that the feature is not 100 % ready to use and will provoke negative feedback.

or you wait and develop and bring the release later
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Just for everyone to know, there's more bugs in the e-frig. While pissed (just in case it wasn't clear in the 5 posts i made on the same topic), i kept using it - because in spite of all the bugs having a carrier-like capacity and range is cool.

Adding to the previous two issues, i've had instances where choppers would not move from e-frig to airport when the airport was 'just out of range' (just = an estimated range of 20). So i explained that to myself as: when they take off from a carrier-like unit, choppers do not enter ferry mode "because you cannot land one of those huge planes on a carrier" to fly the chopper in ferry mode. So, you need to move your e-frig and have the chopper directly in range of an airport. Didn't like it, but it made some logic sense.

Until... same chopper, same level, but from a different frigate, which is TOTALLY out of range of the SAME airport, actually does enter ferry mode and gets to the same airport. sorry, didn't bother to screenshot the whole thing.

So, the issues i've seen so far:
      - doesn't stack - ok, we know;
      - bug / didn't shoot ground units (documented parallel post)
      - does some weird things on choppers entering or not entering ferry mode when taking off from e-frig (never experienced on a carrier, but have only used them a few times and can't say that if a fact)

meh.
      s
    • Davroon wrote:

How do I get access to the tank and the lotering munitions? I can build the frigate but the tank seems unavailable?
      Hello Davroon. Please wait 24 hours and check if after that you can research the Elite Tank. Season 9 Elite Units should be available for any player. You only need the 2.500 points to permanently unlock the unit.
      If after that time you can not research the tank, please contact us using the "Bug report button" on the APP or on [email protected] providing your Username and the error message you get when you try to research that Elite unit.
      Thanks!