More on e-frigs, they don't shoot up?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• More on e-frigs, they don't shoot up?

i was frustrated about the non-stacking e-frigates bug. But now, seeing them not shoot at planes, is driving me nuts. What am i missing?

Data:
      - Positioned troops in shooting range of strikers
      - declared war at 15:04
      - it is now 15:40, they have not shot the planes once

things i checked:
      - they are in range of the planes
      - we are at war
      - aa timer has gone through over and over again
      - it is not a leveling thing, they should shoot darn planes from lvl 1 (they are frigates, right?)

Do i have something wrong, or i should just put those ships in the bin once and for all?

thanks,
      s
      Files
    • I seem to recall having to move ships a tiny bit after declaring war for them to acknowledge that the diplomatic status has changed.

I moved some ships within sight range of troops in a city, declared war and they did not attack. I then made them move a tiny bit and then they started firing after they moved.

I know it is not exactly your situation, but try it.

From the pictures you provided, it seems the fighter is within range of your ship's AA.
    • thanks - to test that, i've done that and more: i told a ship to attack a city, like 'guys, you're at war'.

the graphics and the tooltip say that we attacked the city (picture one, tooltip says that the ship is reloading). At the same time, it didn't attack (notification screen does not show that we attacked the city).

My experience so far:
      - fighting ship to ship, works as intended
      - shooting planes, not
      - shooting cities, not

p.s. plane is gone for now, will see if he comes back
      Files
    • next update: moving the ships within range triggered the plane attack. So the plane attacked, and the ships responded - still in defense, not in attack (never saw the shooting animation).

At least that's my interpretation of this: ships are damaged, so the strikers attacked the ships, and they defended. No animation, no AA attack notification.
      Files
    • Hey @Signiappo

Thanks for the details you nicely put together!
      Our internal QA Team will go over your reports and try to replicate the exact case you've highlighted.

It is important that you keep in mind the Elite Frigate is a support unit, hence not meant for direct combat. You also haven't mentioned if you changed the Fire Control - if set to default, the Frigate is meant to only defend, not attack hostile units.

For future reference, should you wish a quicker response for us or assistance, I suggest you use the Bug report so we can access your game and be in a better position to help out.

I hope that helps - Happy conquering!
    • Hey @Aquela,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now over the frustration bump, and can engage in debugging conversations :)

Aquela wrote:

Hey @Signiappo

Thanks for the details you nicely put together!
      Our internal QA Team will go over your reports and try to replicate the exact case you've highlighted.

It is important that you keep in mind the Elite Frigate is a support unit, hence not meant for direct combat. You also haven't mentioned if you changed the Fire Control - if set to default, the Frigate is meant to only defend, not attack hostile units.

For future reference, should you wish a quicker response for us or assistance, I suggest you use the Bug report so we can access your game and be in a better position to help out.

I hope that helps - Happy conquering!

It is important that you keep in mind the Elite Frigate is a support unit, hence not meant for direct combat
      From a design standpoint, of course. But the Elite Frigate is a Frigate, right? and if you give me a Frigate with a 75 range, it's a combat unit :) (besides, isn't everything which has bullets, or torpedoes, or missiles, or an axe, or a foot... a combat unit? :) ).

"if set to default, the Frigate is meant to only defend, not attack hostile units.".
      Hang on please: if i move a Frigate to a position with a plane of a country i'm at war with in AA range, and it is in default fire control, and it is not moving, it attacks. Unless i'm missing something pretty basic, it attacks, using its AA stats, when the AA timer triggers. Then, if it is attacked by the planes (like in one of the scenarios above), it defends with defense stats. Am i lost?

And yes, i reported the issues in-game. Since it's hard to document as well as we can do here on forum, i just added links to the forum posts.

Thanks, and looking forward to the days of Elite Frigates 'working as intended'.
      s