Where do you build your hospital?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where do you build your hospital?

so i'm in an apoc map, and have a dilemma on hospital location vs air defenses.

I always build my hospital in my capital. But there's where i also need to put the primary anti-air and missile defenses.

My concern is that the hospital tends to be overcrowded (i play NG, so there's often 10+ units in there for pre-deployment healing), and i fear that stacking all of those units needing healing with my anti-air and missile defenses would reduce their effectiveness.

Like, right now i have 7 Rails (they stay home at night, during the day i leave some back and deploy the others). I can leave them parked right outside the capital, but people could exploit the anti-air timer. I could leave them inside the capital, but they'd get the overstacked penalty.

right now i'm compromising, leaving 3 in the capital and 4 outside (defending both Berlin and Leipzig in the open ground spot for the added bonus). But would like to hear your experience?

another alternative is to not build the hospital in the capital from the start?

Thanks!
      s
    • Sgniappo wrote:

so i'm in an apoc map, and have a dilemma on hospital location vs air defenses.

I always build my hospital in my capital. But there's where i also need to put the primary anti-air and missile defenses.

My concern is that the hospital tends to be overcrowded (i play NG, so there's often 10+ units in there for pre-deployment healing), and i fear that stacking all of those units needing healing with my anti-air and missile defenses would reduce their effectiveness.

Like, right now i have 7 Rails (they stay home at night, during the day i leave some back and deploy the others). I can leave them parked right outside the capital, but people could exploit the anti-air timer. I could leave them inside the capital, but they'd get the overstacked penalty.

right now i'm compromising, leaving 3 in the capital and 4 outside (defending both Berlin and Leipzig in the open ground spot for the added bonus). But would like to hear your experience?

another alternative is to not build the hospital in the capital from the start?

Thanks!
      s
      Hmm, any city with a hospital is an attractive missile strike or air attack for the possibility of causing a lot of damage to units healing there.

Consider building an upgraded field hospital with and airfield in a province somewhere else? Preferably some place out of the way.

In a thread from a decent amount of time ago @The Pale Rider discussed how as he expands he uses field hospitals with airfields to efficiently heal his units as he gets further and further away from his home country. In certain games, this has been effective for me.

In past games capturing opponents cities with airbases with a hospital or an adjoining city near it with a hospital is a strategic goal of mine. You can heal units away from you home city hospital, away from where your opponent may focus attacks.

If I have enough ground units, I also will keep some near the city, hopefully out of the splash zone of missiles( I think that is the proper term), in case I get attacked by missiles. Or if I have a port city, some ground units in a sea transport, ideally guarded by naval units where they can heal in shallow waters.
    • Here a trick, Separate your AA. order it to move out of city.
      Wait for 2-3 minute, Stop them.

-> If they merged back to other unit in city, try again but longer waiting
      -> If they doesn't, Check if they have Entrenchment bonus
      -------> If yes, Congret! Your AA will still apply point defeinse to city but it now won't stack to unit in city
      -------> If not, welp it go too far, Go back and repeat again
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • playbabe wrote:

Here a trick, Separate your AA. order it to move out of city.

-------> If yes, Congret! Your AA will still apply point defeinse to city but it now won't stack to unit in city
      Yes! I should have thought of mentioning this.

I learned a trick to have units move more precisely. After clicking the move command, press and hold the control (Ctrl) button on the PC while moving the direction arrow and then left click the mouse button to the spot where you want the unit to move.
    • playbabe wrote:

Here a trick, Separate your AA. order it to move out of city.

Exactly what i was looking for. 2 mins did the trick. Thanks much