Will the "Global Conflict" map make a return?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will the "Global Conflict" map make a return?

Despite being similar to the regular WW3 map, I liked the "Global Conflict" map better, but has been long since the last time saw one at the New Games section.

Also, a cool improvement to that particular map could be making it somewhat similar to the Overkill ones. NOT with the "taking cities out from the largest countries so all of them have max 7" crap or the "Victory Shites" thing. But with the 3 people max coalitions, the higher amount of vp needed to make a win, and of course the really small nations having enough cities to make them playable, so the map feels bigger

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheGENOC1D3R ().

• I like the idea of having nations start out more equal - move all the smaller nations up to 6+ and the 8+ down to 7. Besides that, I like a lot of your ideas.

The only problem, in my opinion, is that if you remove all the Victory Sites, limit coalition size to 3, and increase the number of VPs needed to win, then games will go for a VERY VERY long time, with most of it grinding through bots. And if bots get continued upgrades and even more units, which up to a point I am in favor of, a lot of games will never make it to an official victory.

I guess the new way for players to approach this would be that late in the game when there is 1 dominating coalition and really no one else playing, is for everyone to just quit the game before an "official victory" is declared. The game is won, and stats don't really matter anyways.
    • Another option would be to make US, Canada, Russia, China, and India 2 nations each, with each nation having 7 cities each. This would accurately reflect the geographic power of these nations. After all, if South Africa can be a nation, so can half of any of the above nations. To reflect economic power - US and China could be broken up into 4 or even 5 nations with 7 cities :)

EU has roughly the same economic power as the US. Yet EU has WAY more cities than the US.
    • GraniteDust wrote:

Another option would be to make US, Canada, Russia, China, and India 2 nations each, with each nation having 7 cities each. This would accurately reflect the geographic power of these nations. After all, if South Africa can be a nation, so can half of any of the above nations. To reflect economic power - US and China could be broken up into 4 or even 5 nations with 7 cities :)

EU has roughly the same economic power as the US. Yet EU has WAY more cities than the US.
      Even though I like a lot Russia and the U.S. having both 10 cities each, splitting them in, for example, two separate nations each (just like it happens in Red vs Blue maps) would be a good idea too

The thing is, that I would like even more that more cities are added to the smaller nations instead of being taking away from the big ones. I think that that would make more interesting games, and at least make the maps fell bigger and a little more "real"
    • GraniteDust wrote:

The only problem, in my opinion, is that if you remove all the Victory Sites, limit coalition size to 3, and increase the number of VPs needed to win, then games will go for a VERY VERY long time, with most of it grinding through bots. And if bots get continued upgrades and even more units, which up to a point I am in favor of, a lot of games will never make it to an official victory.

I guess the new way for players to approach this would be that late in the game when there is 1 dominating coalition and really no one else playing, is for everyone to just quit the game before an "official victory" is declared. The game is won, and stats don't really matter anyways.
      I have no problem with long games. I actually like them better, so thats maybe why I think that way. Btw I have been in at least one game where the bots (Rogue nation) won so it is a very possible thing if players let it happen