Why the same 4 maps over and over again?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Why the same 4 maps over and over again?

Why has it been, seemingly for weeks now (maybe more) there are only the same 6 maps available over and over?

Apocalypse/WW3
      Overkill
      Battleground USA
      Flashpoint

Red vs. Blue would be something different. It's the same WW3 map, but at least it would be something different.
      The only 4X games are the global maps.

There are so many cool maps I've seen over the past few months: Pacific Theatre, Japan, others I can't even recall right now (remember Blood and Oil!?).

Why aren't these variations just shuffled through the servers? I'm curious if there are just some things I don't understand about the CON/Durado set up.
      Or, is it because I'm in the US and on a browser, that I just don't see all the available games?

It seems to me, more variety would keep people more interested and have fewer ghost countries by day 3.

CON: Please satisfy my curiosity. Even better, start rotating more maps through. Especially small maps at 4X.

Thanks
      GG
      Images
      • 2023-01-21 09_46_02-Conflict of Nations.png

932.34 kB, 745×1,265, viewed 1,258 times
    • This game is dead. Lazy and uninterested devs are no working to solve something and just let the game works by itself. They added rising sun for like one week and took it out. awful! no pleasure so play same maps as a x4 speed player
    • T8.0 wrote:

conplayer67 wrote:

This game is dead. Lazy and uninterested devs are no working to solve something and just let the game works by itself. They added rising sun for like one week and took it out. awful! no pleasure so play same maps as a x4 speed player
      How do you assume it's a dead game? From the fact that new updates keep coming?
      He's right... this game is indeed dead. They took away cold war map, rising tides 4x, zombies, battleground 4x, a bunch of other maps, etc. And the developers completely destroyed this game with their constant dumb updates. This game was great when I first started playing in August of 2022, I was spending about $1,000-2,500 a month on gold too, as I really liked the game and wanted to support the developers too.

Then, update after update, the game gradually got worse.

• The lines on the map that would show the direction or waypoints where troops, ships, units were heading to, disappeared after a major update several months ago. Sometimes if you click on a random unit in the game (totally random, could be a plane, infantry or rogue state) then suddenly all the lines and way points showing direction for all units in the game will suddenly appear but will disappear after you unselect the unit. This is rare though, 9 out of 10 times when you login, you won't see the lines. Sometimes you'll get lucky and login and be able to see them, but then they'll disappear a minute later. It makes it much more difficult to play not knowing where your allies and your own troops are going to. Especially when transport ships are moving across sea.

• The sound effects in the game are damaged and they said that they fixed it, but they never did. All units used to have different sound effects when they were in-combat or moving to a destination, and a different sound effect when stationary and awaiting orders. Ever since their last big update 2 months ago, the sound effects were broken, and all units would make the same sound they usually made when stationary & awaiting orders even when in-combat or moving, and it made no sense. Basically if a strike fighter or heavy bombers is attacking enemy units it will make the same sound it normally makes when it's grounded and stationary on an airfield, awaiting orders. Same with a ship, if a ship is attacking a city or another ship, it just makes the same sound it would normally make when docked and stationary & awaiting orders. It's so weird, and it makes absolutely no sense. I have a good feeling this will never be fixed, and the devs just figured "Eh, nobody will notice, who cares anyways its just sound, we're too lazy to fix up a few lines of code"

• They made it so that planes couldn't be damaged at airfields anymore and would just get up and fly to another airfield, then they recently changed it and made it back to where it gets stuck, but you can't move the plane on the ground with a transport truck like you used to be able to, why is this bad? Because you might be using an alliance member's airfield and let's say it gets damaged, bombed, or they're working with the enemies, and demolish the airfield deliberately, etc. Your planes are simply gone, you have to rely on your ally to rebuild the airfield, hope he's online, hope he has the resources to do it, or hope he's not collaborating with enemies or just a dumb inactive player. Whereas before, the planes would turn into a transport truck and could be moved via on-ground to your own territory where you could then construct a new airfield and use the planes again. This was more realistic and better. Now if you have planes in an alliance member's airfield, and it gets sabotaged or bombed, and he's inactive, you're screwed. Your planes are gone FOREVER.

• Also, aircraft will randomly be sent back to their airfield about 50-60% of the time when you are trying to ferry the aircraft to another airfield, or give it an attack or patrol order, and even with say 80% fuel, it'll just randomly go back to the original airfield for no reason. This never happened, ever, only until their major update months ago that damaged the visual lines/way points, is when this started occurring.

My point stands pretty firm, and logical: this game would be alot better if developers would stop touching it. I could go on and on with the many ways the developers have damaged the game and continue to make it worse and worse...

Just goes to show that the developers responsible for this game don't care about their support base, could give a crap less about the players. They used to have very adequate support that responded within a day or less. Now when you contact support, it takes a week (if you're lucky) to get a response, and 99% of the time they just ignore you.

I have stopped buying gold, as I don't really care to support the developers anymore as they don't care about the player.

This was a really really fun game last year, I used to play this 24/7 and lose sleep to this game, and it's still sorta fun (not really anymore) but it's gradually getting worse and worse. I really, really wish the developers would stop updating the game and leave it alone, every update they do just causes more glitches and more problems.

Oh, and they just did another update last night and now the graphics are worse, all units now look more pixelated and glossy, they look like plastic action figures now. The lines on maps showing unit direction/way points still aren't fixed, sound effects remained damaged and all units make the same stationary sound even in-combat or during movement, aircraft still glitch and will randomly go back to their original base when ferrying to another airfield or giving attack/patrol orders, even with adequate fuel, none of these issues ever get fixed, and obviously never will.

I will stop playing after I finish some of my current games, as I really don't have any interest in playing anymore. I will check-in every few months to see if the game improves and goes back to normal, if by miracle, the developers do fix the game and make it good like it used to be, I'll certainly play this game again and spend a few grand a month on gold again. But in the meantime, I see no use in buying gold and donating money to useless devs who are just essentially getting paid to damage to damage the game and troll the players with endless damaging updates.

If anybody was playing since last year around summer/fall, you probably know how much more fun the game was compared to the way it is now. Perhaps the technical team that was working on the game last year isn't the same one who is currently working on it now, maybe responsibility changed hands or Dorado got sold to some other entity/team. I'm not sure what to logically make of this drastic decline in game quality.

Don't be surprised if 6 months from now, the only map left is WW3 X1 speed, and all units are dysfunctional and the game becomes too glitchy to even play, at the current rate things are going at.

What baffles me even more is that they raised the prices for gold, it humors me that they expect more money from their player base yet they've done nothing to deserve it. With the amount of players who play this game, and have security council and spend gold regularly, it makes no sense how they don't have the funds to outsource IT support and developers, they could probably pay a few guys in India a few hundred bucks a month to maintain the game and fix the current glitches, and it would be in much better state than with the current staff.

Have a good day my friend.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ContinentalArmy ().

• ContinentalArmy wrote:

T8.0 wrote:

conplayer67 wrote:

This game is dead. Lazy and uninterested devs are no working to solve something and just let the game works by itself. They added rising sun for like one week and took it out. awful! no pleasure so play same maps as a x4 speed player
      He's right... this game is indeed dead. They took away cold war map, rising tides 4x, zombies, battleground 4x, a bunch of other maps, etc. And the developers completely destroyed this game with their constant dumb updates. This game was great when I first started playing in August of 2022, I was spending about $1,000-2,500 a month on gold too, as I really liked the game and wanted to support the developers too.
      Then, update after update, the game gradually got worse.

• The lines on the map that would show the direction or waypoints where troops, ships, units were heading to, disappeared after a major update several months ago. Sometimes if you click on a random unit in the game (totally random, could be a plane, infantry or rogue state) then suddenly all the lines and way points showing direction for all units in the game will suddenly appear but will disappear after you unselect the unit. This is rare though, 9 out of 10 times when you login, you won't see the lines. Sometimes you'll get lucky and login and be able to see them, but then they'll disappear a minute later. It makes it much more difficult to play not knowing where your allies and your own troops are going to. Especially when transport ships are moving across sea.

• The sound effects in the game are damaged and they said that they fixed it, but they never did. All units used to have different sound effects when they were in-combat or moving to a destination, and a different sound effect when stationary and awaiting orders. Ever since their last big update 2 months ago, the sound effects were broken, and all units would make the same sound they usually made when stationary & awaiting orders even when in-combat or moving, and it made no sense. Basically if a strike fighter or heavy bombers is attacking enemy units it will make the same sound it normally makes when it's grounded and stationary on an airfield, awaiting orders. Same with a ship, if a ship is attacking a city or another ship, it just makes the same sound it would normally make when docked and stationary & awaiting orders. It's so weird, and it makes absolutely no sense. I have a good feeling this will never be fixed, and the devs just figured "Eh, nobody will notice, who cares anyways its just sound, we're too lazy to fix up a few lines of code"

• They made it so that planes couldn't be damaged at airfields anymore and would just get up and fly to another airfield, then they recently changed it and made it back to where it gets stuck, but you can't move the plane on the ground with a transport truck like you used to be able to, why is this bad? Because you might be using an alliance member's airfield and let's say it gets damaged, bombed, or they're working with the enemies, and demolish the airfield deliberately, etc. Your planes are simply gone, you have to rely on your ally to rebuild the airfield, hope he's online, hope he has the resources to do it, or hope he's not collaborating with enemies or just a dumb inactive player. Whereas before, the planes would turn into a transport truck and could be moved via on-ground to your own territory where you could then construct a new airfield and use the planes again. This was more realistic and better. Now if you have planes in an alliance member's airfield, and it gets sabotaged or bombed, and he's inactive, you're screwed. Your planes are gone FOREVER.

• Also, aircraft will randomly be sent back to their airfield about 50-60% of the time when you are trying to ferry the aircraft to another airfield, or give it an attack or patrol order, and even with say 80% fuel, it'll just randomly go back to the original airfield for no reason. This never happened, ever, only until their major update months ago that damaged the visual lines/way points, is when this started occurring.

My point stands pretty firm, and logical: this game would be alot better if developers would stop touching it. I could go on and on with the many ways the developers have damaged the game and continue to make it worse and worse...

Just goes to show that the developers responsible for this game don't care about their support base, could give a crap less about the players. They used to have very adequate support that responded within a day or less. Now when you contact support, it takes a week (if you're lucky) to get a response, and 99% of the time they just ignore you.

I have stopped buying gold, as I don't really care to support the developers anymore as they don't care about the player.

This was a really really fun game last year, I used to play this 24/7 and lose sleep to this game, and it's still sorta fun (not really anymore) but it's gradually getting worse and worse. I really, really wish the developers would stop updating the game and leave it alone, every update they do just causes more glitches and more problems.

Oh, and they just did another update last night and now the graphics are worse, all units now look more pixelated and glossy, they look like plastic action figures now. The lines on maps showing unit direction/way points still aren't fixed, sound effects remained damaged and all units make the same stationary sound even in-combat or during movement, aircraft still glitch and will randomly go back to their original base when ferrying to another airfield or giving attack/patrol orders, even with adequate fuel, none of these issues ever get fixed, and obviously never will.

I will stop playing after I finish some of my current games, as I really don't have any interest in playing anymore. I will check-in every few months to see if the game improves and goes back to normal, if by miracle, the developers do fix the game and make it good like it used to be, I'll certainly play this game again and spend a few grand a month on gold again. But in the meantime, I see no use in buying gold and donating money to useless devs who are just essentially getting paid to damage to damage the game and troll the players with endless damaging updates.

If anybody was playing since last year around summer/fall, you probably know how much more fun the game was compared to the way it is now. Perhaps the technical team that was working on the game last year isn't the same one who is currently working on it now, maybe responsibility changed hands or Dorado got sold to some other entity/team. I'm not sure what to logically make of this drastic decline in game quality.

Don't be surprised if 6 months from now, the only map left is WW3 X1 speed, and all units are dysfunctional and the game becomes too glitchy to even play, at the current rate things are going at.

What baffles me even more is that they raised the prices for gold, it humors me that they expect more money from their player base yet they've done nothing to deserve it. With the amount of players who play this game, and have security council and spend gold regularly, it makes no sense how they don't have the funds to outsource IT support and developers, they could probably pay a few guys in India a few hundred bucks a month to maintain the game and fix the current glitches, and it would be in much better state than with the current staff.

It's extremely likely that what is happening here is that the Dorado developers want to move on from this experience to a new project. This is Bytros most popular game, more players concurrently than Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and Iron Order.

There's not a "server" issue, or a "profit" issue. It's the devs slowly killing Conflict of Nations: WW3 similar to quit quitting. It's been out since 2016 to be fair, this is way past the vast majority of games lifetimes.

I've had my highs and lows with CoN, I'm ready to move on too. Just unfortunate that we'll never see the greatest maps such as WWZ, Blood & Oil or Overkill before the dumb victory sites were added.

The post was edited 1 time, last by To0oooop ().

• To0oooop wrote:

ContinentalArmy wrote:

T8.0 wrote:

conplayer67 wrote:

He's right... this game is indeed dead. They took away cold war map, rising tides 4x, zombies, battleground 4x, a bunch of other maps, etc. And the developers completely destroyed this game with their constant dumb updates. This game was great when I first started playing in August of 2022, I was spending about $1,000-2,500 a month on gold too, as I really liked the game and wanted to support the developers too.Then, update after update, the game gradually got worse.

It's extremely likely that what is happening here is that the Dorado developers want to move on from this experience to a new project. This is Bytros most popular game, more players concurrently than Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and Iron Order.
      There's not a "server" issue, or a "profit" issue. It's the devs slowly killing Conflict of Nations: WW3 similar to quit quitting. It's been out since 2016 to be fair, this is way past the vast majority of games lifetimes.

I've had my highs and lows with CoN, I'm ready to move on too. Just unfortunate that we'll never see the greatest maps such as WWZ, Blood & Oil or Overkill before the dumb victory sites were added.
      That is not the case. Please refrain from spreading misinformation like that.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

To0oooop wrote:

ContinentalArmy wrote:

T8.0 wrote:

conplayer67 wrote:

He's right... this game is indeed dead. They took away cold war map, rising tides 4x, zombies, battleground 4x, a bunch of other maps, etc. And the developers completely destroyed this game with their constant dumb updates. This game was great when I first started playing in August of 2022, I was spending about $1,000-2,500 a month on gold too, as I really liked the game and wanted to support the developers too.Then, update after update, the game gradually got worse.

It's extremely likely that what is happening here is that the Dorado developers want to move on from this experience to a new project. This is Bytros most popular game, more players concurrently than Call of War, Supremacy 1914 and Iron Order.There's not a "server" issue, or a "profit" issue. It's the devs slowly killing Conflict of Nations: WW3 similar to quit quitting. It's been out since 2016 to be fair, this is way past the vast majority of games lifetimes.

That is not the case. Please refrain from spreading misinformation like that.
      Well, I do agree with the ContinentalArmy guy. I started playing in August 2021, and until like May 2022, the game was, although not perfect, fairly enjoyable. Never had any complaint really in that fraction of time.

Then it came the city-redux update and then many others "improvements", like the all time great "refueling not having near airports equals all your aircrafts in the area are screwed".

And he we are. The game might not be dead, but it's downgrade is quite noticeable miles away, at least on my opinion. Before may '22 I wouldnt mind buying gold. Now, I would rather buy a freaking starbucks, and I hate freaking starbucks
    • „Well, I do agree with the ContinentalArmy guy. I started playing in August 2021, and until like May 2022, the game was, although not perfect, fairly enjoyable. Never had any complaint really in that fraction of time.

Then it came the city-redux update and then many others "improvements", like the all time great "refueling not having near airports equals all your aircrafts in the area are screwed".

And he we are. The game might not be dead, but it's downgrade is quite noticeable miles away, at least on my opinion. Before may '22 I wouldnt mind buying gold. Now, I would rather buy a freaking starbucks, and I hate freaking starbucks„

Except that I wasn’t talking about what continental said one bit.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • To0oooop wrote:

ContinentalArmy wrote:

T8.0 wrote:

conplayer67 wrote:

I would appreciate if you stop spreading false information around. If we didn't care, I wouldn't be in the middle of a crowded office of people working around the clock to solve issues, not to mention everyone else working remotely to keep this game the best it can be.
    • GreenGooy wrote:

Why has it been, seemingly for weeks now (maybe more) there are only the same 6 maps available over and over?

Apocalypse/WW3
      Overkill
      Battleground USA
      Flashpoint

Red vs. Blue would be something different. It's the same WW3 map, but at least it would be something different.

There are so many cool maps I've seen over the past few months: Pacific Theatre, Japan, others I can't even recall right now (remember Blood and Oil!?).

Why aren't these variations just shuffled through the servers? I'm curious if there are just some things I don't understand about the CON/Durado set up.
      Or, is it because I'm in the US and on a browser, that I just don't see all the available games?

It seems to me, more variety would keep people more interested and have fewer ghost countries by day 3.

CON: Please satisfy my curiosity. Even better, start rotating more maps through. Especially small maps at 4X.

Thanks
      GG
      Thank you for your feedback on this. I will be checking in with the design team on the possibility of bringing some goodies back :)
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

GreenGooy wrote:

Apocalypse/WW3
      Overkill
      Battleground USA
      Flashpoint

Thanks
      GG
      Thank you for your feedback on this. I will be checking in with the design team on the possibility of bringing some goodies back :)
      If you could bring back the expert and beginner modes for the WW3 map, that would be really cool.

Also, the Global Conflict map was a good concept, bring it back too if possible, but make it only avalible for players lvl 20 and up or so.

And you know what would be a good fix for the inactivity problems of the RvB maps; instead of having always two big fixed coalitions, make those countries that go inactive become neutral, and kick them out of their former coalition, so that the other players that keep playing can conquer that land and make good use of it.