Morale takes FOREVER to rise

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• goth y boi wrote:

I’m in a flashpoint game, and a city I conquered 4 days ago is only at 42% morale. However, it has not been bombarded (attacked) and its target morale is 93. It is surrounded by provinces of similar morale. Why is it taking so long to rise?
      4 days to go from 25% to 42% isn't forever, especially since it isn't clear whether the city has experienced 3 midnights or 4 midnights of the game-time clock (the cities' morales update at the end/start of each game day).
    • goth y boi wrote:

I’m in a flashpoint game, and a city I conquered 4 days ago is only at 42% morale. However, it has not been bombarded (attacked) and its target morale is 93. It is surrounded by provinces of similar morale. Why is it taking so long to rise?
      Build and level up bunkers in your main cities to keep their morale up which in turn boosts the morale of your other cities. Too many players let the morale of their main cities stagnate around 70-80 because they can never be bothered to build bunkers.
    • Hakaishin wrote:

goth y boi wrote:

Build and level up bunkers in your main cities to keep their morale up which in turn boosts the morale of your other cities. Too many players let the morale of their main cities stagnate around 70-80 because they can never be bothered to build bunkers.
      I don't think the Morale in any one city has any effect on Morale in any other city (except for a weak effect through the neighboring provinces mechanism).
    • KFGauss wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

goth y boi wrote:

I don't think the Morale in any one city has any effect on Morale in any other city (except for a weak effect through the neighboring provinces mechanism).
      It all adds up and significantly so. I also think the population of a city, or more specifically the Victory Points a city/province offers, also effects how effective its morale is spread around. Try playing around with morale on a map with complexes and/or strategic sites and you may notice it.
    • Hakaishin wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

goth y boi wrote:

It all adds up and significantly so. I also think the population of a city, or more specifically the Victory Points a city/province offers, also effects how effective its morale is spread around. Try playing around with morale on a map with complexes and/or strategic sites and you may notice it.
      Again, I'm pretty sure that any given city's effect on another city's morale is only a neighboring-provinces effect that starts out small and shrinks quickly as the distance between the two cities increases.

I have no doubt that many small contributions can add up to a non-trivial effect, but unless you're willing to wait a long time for the effects to propagate from the home cities to the others I don't recommend using home-city morale-boosting buildings to try to create a large change in captured cities' morale.

I am playing around with tracking Population growth, Morale changes, and City Resource-production.
      Simulating City Morale
      Simulating Resource Output, Building Construction, and Unit Mobilizations