Coalition Members just parasitizing your wars

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Coalition Members just parasitizing your wars

      Hey Guys.

      Yeah title pretty much sums it up, im tired of these coalition ally's just sitting back and then spounging off your wars/countries when you have the upperhand, like, leave my shit only dude go find your own. I get if if an ally is in trouble an needs help, but too many players just sit back wait till you overwhelm a player and then grab a city or two and screw up my pretty borders. Not only that, sometimes I prepare for days to invade an active player only for a coalition member to invade after my navy/airforce has destroyed all enemy troops. what are the unwritten rules about this? I'm not that high rankked (62) and dont read here often but this is p***ing me off, just play solo?
    • It's not ok but you are experiencing the classical syndrome of "ally with random players, get random allies"

      they will land grab, betray you, let you die, join your enemy at the first perceived mistake.

      As your skill will grow, you'll understand the the majority of players are better allies if you attack them right away without listening to their messages, than if you tried to cooperate.

      If by pure luck you encounter someone reliable, keep him as a close contact, he's the only one you can play with.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I think this game appeals to people of all ages.

      When I see someone grabbing easy pickups after I takeout an opponent, I presume its a 5 year just trying to tag along and keep up.

      In this circumstance, I take a big brother approach and treat my team mates the way I would treat a kid brother who wants to come along. I let them take what they want without sweating it.

      If one of my team mates is having trouble with an opponent or if they get attacked, I'll just help them out regardless of whether or not they ask for it or if they are online to notice.

      When taking this approach to a game, you'd be surprised at how quickly attitudes of all your team mates will soften towards you.

      I guarantee if you take this approach, you'll find many team mates eager to play future games with you.
    • WezzyMan wrote:

      Teburu wrote:

      WezzyMan wrote:

      Teburu wrote:

      Maybe then make friends and play with them
      No, dont land grab from me, and I wont land grab from you
      Good luck with that lol.
      I'm raising a geniune concern and its being percieveid as arrogance. So the counter argument is "It's ok to interfere in your allies invasions without at least having a chat"? nah brah
      No. Its being perceived as someone expecting random people in public matches to have an sort of teamplay or plan. Especially considering that most coalitions are formed simply to give the illusion of safety.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • To be honest I'm kind of one of those players... when I see a rouge state in the enemies backyard, I'll attack it use it as a base and then attack them from behind.

      I don't do the cheap land grab, when you're faster than your ally and take the enemies cities.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      “Like what you do, and then you will do your best.” - Katherine Johnson
      "A man who stands for nothing will fall for anything." - Malcolm X

      "I have a dream!" - Martin Luther King JR.
      “It is not the kings and generals that make history but the masses of people.” — Nelson Mandela

    • WezzyMan wrote:

      Hey Guys.

      Yeah title pretty much sums it up, im tired of these coalition ally's just sitting back and then spounging off your wars/countries when you have the upperhand, like, leave my shit only dude go find your own. I get if if an ally is in trouble an needs help, but too many players just sit back wait till you overwhelm a player and then grab a city or two and screw up my pretty borders. Not only that, sometimes I prepare for days to invade an active player only for a coalition member to invade after my navy/airforce has destroyed all enemy troops. what are the unwritten rules about this? I'm not that high rankked (62) and dont read here often but this is p***ing me off, just play solo?
      This type of "team play" adds another facet or challenge to the game.

      Adapt, overcome, improvise.

      Think of it this way, you are not fighting this player directly but racing him.

      Can you trick him? For example stage an attack on a fuel city as a decoy that is not near other more valuable cities such as rare materials, electronic, etc. Let him take the fuel city and you then move quickly with a large force towards better spoils. You know what he is going to do, so plan for it.

      Or try to stage attacks on cities near another active player's territory who you plan to attack next. Let him take the cities and provinces and use him as a buffer / cannon fodder for the next war. You get the benefit of being able to see the next enemy if he invades your ally's fresh territory and if the other enemy player takes the cities, you swoop in and take them afterwards.

      Or do a hit and run on an enemy, then run your units behind his and either use his ground units as a bonus in melee, use ranged units while his ground units are used as blockers, or likewise with your air force or navy attacking the enemy while he is used as a blocker.

      If an ally is being a douche, be more douchey to them.
      Eloquently Evil, Troll Eviscerator
      Being a d1ckhead on a game forum is pathetic.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Im On Smoko ().

    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

      To be honest I'm kind of one of those players... when I see a rouge state in the enemies backyard, I'll attack it use it as a base and then attack them from behind.

      I don't do the cheap land grab, when you're faster than your ally and take the enemies cities.

      If a player plays poorly and consistently lets cities go rogue, I will poach them. Especially if they are near my territory and even more so in World War Z or Rising Tides games.
      Eloquently Evil, Troll Eviscerator
      Being a d1ckhead on a game forum is pathetic.
    • Yeah having an ally or more taking and grabbing land from you can be irritating especially in some situations. But it can also be a benefit.

      I see it as this if they land grab and take my land I don’t let it stop my I just move on the the next city while his troops have to hold the city. I don’t mind because I end up getting all the kills which I don’t mind at all.

      And it’s better he is actually helping instead of going inactive like most players. And it’s not like a little extra gold can do anything for you either… just go get the win!!! :D
    • Im On Smoko wrote:

      The Destroyer 4 wrote:

      To be honest I'm kind of one of those players... when I see a rouge state in the enemies backyard, I'll attack it use it as a base and then attack them from behind.

      I don't do the cheap land grab, when you're faster than your ally and take the enemies cities.

      If a player plays poorly and consistently lets cities go rogue, I will poach them. Especially if they are near my territory and even more so in World War Z or Rising Tides games.
      Totally agree with this, If an ally lets cities go rogue thats free for all
    • When my Coalition member is land grabbing, i stop helping them in all kinds of way and let them fight for themselves.
      But hey i didn't betray them lmao. like last time i let my team infantry stack just ran into enemy hold out and die, I send in aircraft later to kill the rest and take city that's should be mine hours ago if he didn't decided to try grab it
      This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
    • WezzyMan wrote:

      Hey Guys.

      Yeah title pretty much sums it up, im tired of these coalition ally's just sitting back and then spounging off your wars/countries when you have the upperhand, like, leave my shit only dude go find your own. I get if if an ally is in trouble an needs help, but too many players just sit back wait till you overwhelm a player and then grab a city or two and screw up my pretty borders. Not only that, sometimes I prepare for days to invade an active player only for a coalition member to invade after my navy/airforce has destroyed all enemy troops. what are the unwritten rules about this? I'm not that high rankked (62) and dont read here often but this is p***ing me off, just play solo?
      Troll your opponents with news articles which invites people to attack your coalition; making sure you have the defensive units to handle said attacks (obviously)
    • Hakaishin wrote:

      WezzyMan wrote:

      Hey Guys.

      Yeah title pretty much sums it up, im tired of these coalition ally's just sitting back and then spounging off your wars/countries when you have the upperhand, like, leave my shit only dude go find your own. I get if if an ally is in trouble an needs help, but too many players just sit back wait till you overwhelm a player and then grab a city or two and screw up my pretty borders. Not only that, sometimes I prepare for days to invade an active player only for a coalition member to invade after my navy/airforce has destroyed all enemy troops. what are the unwritten rules about this? I'm not that high rankked (62) and dont read here often but this is p***ing me off, just play solo?
      Troll your opponents with news articles which invites people to attack your coalition; making sure you have the defensive units to handle said attacks (obviously)
      Hmmm, now this idea I like indeed
    • Marcellus wrote:

      Yeah having an ally or more taking and grabbing land from you can be irritating especially in some situations. But it can also be a benefit.

      I see it as this if they land grab and take my land I don’t let it stop my I just move on the the next city while his troops have to hold the city. I don’t mind because I end up getting all the kills which I don’t mind at all.

      And it’s better he is actually helping instead of going inactive like most players. And it’s not like a little extra gold can do anything for you either… just go get the win!!! :D
      True, I mean in the long term I'm normally going to expand far quicker than my allies at least most of the time when playing with beginners, but those early game cities are gold.
    • bro this has happened so much to me

      i was playing with my irl friends and one of them started land grabbing so we told him to stop but he kinda didnt

      eventually he got pissed and flipped out in the coalition chat lol
      "Sometimes, a coalition is not seen as a way to make real allies, but to simply decrease the amount of possible enemies you can have."