So you Think you are Smart? (How the counter MRL in Mountains)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So you Think you are Smart? (How the counter MRL in Mountains)

I took the time and the fun not to finish the game but to do some experimental testing...and I came along this stack...
      Hell If you ever get to break through and kick some artillery in the mountains...thats the way to go.

With a wonderful speed of 0.84 you catch every artillery...even if they try to rush. And you might even stop to get a IceCream on the next gasstation for the kids.

Delivering 200 Damage crashes pretty much every stack of 10 MRL within a blink of an eye: First Round knockout. And if they ever make a shot...Who cares you have 725 HP...

You wanne nuke this beast...well you need at least lvl 4 CM.

@Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

I took the time and the fun not to finish the game but to do some experimental testing...and I came along this stack...
      Hell If you ever get to break through and kick some artillery in the mountains...thats the way to go.

With a wonderful speed of 0.84 you catch every artillery...even if they try to rush. And you might even stop to get a IceCream on the next gasstation for the kids.

Delivering 200 Damage crashes pretty much every stack of 10 MRL within a blink of an eye: First Round knockout. And if they ever make a shot...Who cares you have 725 HP...

Bruh, 35 defence against helis but only 6 damage against SF?? C’mon thats just being bias and unfair ;-;

Either way thats an expensive stack and powerful tanky stack. 10 stack MRLs only does like about 60 damage per hit. Gonna take like 12-13 hrs or 6-7hrs( 2 10 stacks)

Or 75 damage (mountain buff) and 10hrs to kill or 5-6 hrs to for 2 stacks.
      Either way thats a really big big investment that really would pay off and destroy any artillery.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

If you want even more insanity try this same stack with the Western or European Elite Tanks. With Western Merkeva tanks the stack will have over 1000 HP, with European Black Night Tanks you'll have the fabled doom stack that will be almost invincible to aircraft, helicopters and cruise as well as ballistic missiles. The only chance to destroy it would be ICBMs. Though I agree they need to slightly buff the Eastern Black Eagle's aircraft damage. It's not even 1 point per tank which is sad for a tank that is supposed to be Elite.
    • yes the Airdefense is s the weak spot. but its not a doomstack. This is a wavebreaker. you crush through and make space for the test of the troops. Thia is to end a back and forth artillery/SAM battle in the mountains.

Even atrikefighters that do 35 Damage in a stack would need some time to kill it.
      By this time you have you own artillery and SAM in place as well.

Investment is brutal.As I mentioned. I wouldnt have done it in a normal game.

the thing about easter tanks is the 5% speed bonus. Together with gernal you get +80%. Check my workshop where I added an infantry general for the fastest landunit on earth.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Recons are cheap so you loses the surprise moment. and your spec ops lack hitpoints.

This is an expensive alternative…
      Sightrange is fairly small (would it even detect then during airassault? cuz iirc they only detect ground?) so they actually have a chance of reaching the MRL without making it incredibly obvious.
      It relies as much on the other guy not having recons as the MBT stack does on the other guy not having CMs.

Imo just the lack of a mobilization limit alone makes specops more suited.

edit: I checked and Recon only revels ground stealth.
      I am The Baseline for opinions

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• If I ever resign myself to build land units, I would just use 1 or 2 5-stack of lvl 5 TD and air-assault the heck out of SAMs & MRLs stack. If the situation requires some anti-air measures, mixing some lvl 5 SAMs in the stack sounds plausible as well. Problem is I ended all my games before I have the time to upgrade TD and SAM both to lvl 5 for air assault galore.
    • vynical wrote:

If I ever resign myself to build land units, I would just use 1 or 2 5-stack of lvl 5 TD and air-assault the heck out of SAMs & MRLs stack. If the situation requires some anti-air measures, mixing some lvl 5 SAMs in the stack sounds plausible as well. Problem is I ended all my games before I have the time to upgrade TD and SAM both to lvl 5 for air assault galore.
      Lmao, watch as my man’s TDs do no damage on first air assult run and get absolutely destroyed by enemy air force.

Lets be real here, you air assulting to SAMs mean you must know their position, but also means if enemy is active they’ll know you’re air assulting + TDs do no damage when air assulting. To the enemy player that would be an absolute easy target to strike. And a very very rewarding target indeed!!

sorry can’t relate to SF players fearing one or 2 SAMs because simply put, no one should be afraid of 1-2 SAMs on defence.