Where's Ma Realism?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• xXWolfXx wrote:

The fights never end do they?
      The Enlightened side (me) will do what it needs to do... to make sure the voices of the newbies will not be opressed.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

The fights never end do they?
      Hmmmm, the idea that people who play a war game might be antagonistic? Preposterous!
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • D4, KFG, and company -

Let's respect the OP by not trashing their thread with your argument. If you folks want to continue, please create a private forum conversation, so you're not p*ssing me (and everybody else) off by making us sift through your unproductive rattling.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:

• Or I WILL try... if a person would keep me out of his inner thoughts.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • back to the original post : I like command very much, but it falls into a micro-management problem that i once heard a French Military Officer (that is fan of wargaming) summarise as follows :

"Such games sometimes go in depthes of details and minutia that require from their commander a specific type of attention and assessment, that ironically is the opposite of what is requested from competent officers. A General isn't expected to handle the loadout of squads, their camo, and the protein/fat balance of their operation meal. They are enjoyable games, that don't reflect military leadership : they ask you to look for ants in the ground, when you are usually required to see the bigger picture from a hill, and trust in the skill and autonomy of your fellow comrades."

In that regard, i would like to make a counter-point to the "muh realism" reasoning for Command and games like that, by also pointing that the "professional" version of the software is made for TEAMS to cooperate and handle each a "part" of the simulation.

Not saying that CoN is more realist, of course, but CoN is closer in spirit to what officers do : wargaming ( "Kriegspiel" , if you prefer the Prussian word)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.