Where's Ma Realism?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where's Ma Realism?

Seriously, this game is so unrealistic! I thought this was supposed to be a modern war game, but in reality it's a game for toddlers.

This game is about 20% realism, but seriously lacks the depth and strategy of other war games.

I also play a game called "Command", that is more like 90% Realism.

Want to send a ASF on patrol?

Here's how.

1°) Select Your Planes OOB menu
      2°) Select the Airbase in the menu list
      3°) Check what airplanes are currently in the hangars, by asking the technical team a updated report.
      4°) Check the report, and consider what plane is currently fit to fly.
      5°) Select a loadout, depending on what is actually at hand in the base. Some loadouts may not be available because of logistics and may require time to bring to the said base if they are sensitive (MOAB)
      6°) Assign the loadout to a plane, but make sure that the plane actually has enough hardpoints or is of a design that is compatible (Don't hope, if you're playing India, to attach your NATO standard Sidewinder to a SU that wasn't retrofitted to NATO standards !). Please notice that technical crew may be a bit slower to prepare to flight equipment that they are not used to work on (Technical crew that usually handles 12 F16 will struggle heavily if you have landed a F35 on their base and you ask them to prepare it)
      7°) Determine Fuel requirements for the mission at hand (no pansy fancy calculator, you get your fingers out of your ass and you do the maths), and assign it to the plane. Too much fuel has defaults. If the mission is too far, consider a Fuel Drop Tank, but make sure that it's compatible with the Loadout (heavy loadouts don't work well with Fuel Drop Tanks)
      8°) Select the Air Strip for the plane to position itself. You may select "auto" which will make the plane go in the air as soon as it received navigational command, or "manual", which is handy in case of planes you want to "keep ready to take off" but don't want in the air (quick defense, for example)
      9°) Go to general map, draw a "patrol" order, which must have a minimum of 3 points in order to establish a flight route. It can have more than 3. For each points, set Navigational Rules and Rules of Engagement. They define a large array of things like "how and who you engage". If your plane has been loaded with Light Air to Ground Ordinance, you probably want to ensure that this plane will flee if it is pursued by Air Superiority Fighters, and will engage light vehicles, not heavy vehicles that it can't really hope to destroy efficiently. Once it's done (You can refine the setting detailed as much as you want. Technically, you can order the plane to not bomb Toyota pick ups, and only Ford Pick ups, if such is your desire, and you can also define the behaviour of the plane if it doesn't manage to identify what kind of pick up it is)
      10°) Confirm Patrol Orders
      11°) Return to Planes OOB, assign the Patrol Mission to the plane.
      12°) Greenlight Patrol Mission, Greenlight Rules of Engagement.

Wooosh, the plane takes off, and follows its mission. It successfully finds en engage a SAM that didn't had the time (or maybe the plane evaded identification) to acknowledge the threat. The SAM is confirmed hit (destroyed ? no idea), and the plane is strafing to check. At that moment, radar identification confirms that what looks like an interceptor is approaching your plane at high speed. According to its rules of engagement, your plane immediatly retreats toward his airbase and to the safety of your own air defense system.

Then, you don't understand why, but the interceptor simply goes through your anti-air system, and conveniently light one missile at your plane, that despite flares, is damaged and fails to land on the airstrip. The pilot has ejected safely.

What happened ? Did i forgot to mention that beyond Unit Rules of Engagements, Base Rules of Engagement, you also had a theater and General rules of engagement panel, and that in the scenario, as it was depicting the tense situation of a cease fire, the SAM were ordered to not automatically engage bogeys, as they may very well be the planes of a super power, and we don't want to infuriate them at that time?

Welcome to Command.
    • You know all this is gonna make it harder to get stuff done... NO-ONE is trying to do all those calculations just to attack a ground unit.

I want unrealistic fun... not realistic un-fun...

Go play COD for not fun realism.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • this game sounds more like a micromanagement.

I image having to organize operation barbarossa. hell it would take me ages just picking the right shoesize for my soldiers.

CON is a strategy game and it does exactl this lvl of abstraction. I dont need need to motivate the soldiers to run into heavy artillery fire. some tine micromanagement captain is doing this for me. I also dont nes to plan gas for my tanks. So support general does this. I just need to watch that the bank petrol storage is full.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • goth y boi wrote:

I'll bet you any amount of money that you care to wager (or at least a nice meal) that the Command game isn't even 1% realistic.

By that I mean that for every 1 thing that game has you think about that slightly resembles real life, I'll bet that I can come up with 99 things that it (the game) either totally ignores or only crudely approximates.
    • goth y boi wrote:

Seriously, this game is so unrealistic! I thought this was supposed to be a modern war game, but in reality it's a game for toddlers.

This game is about 20% realism, but seriously lacks the depth and strategy of other war games.

Welcome to Command.

I suggest you go play "Command" then and shut up.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

goth y boi wrote:

Welcome to Command.
      It lives!
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

There's the guy I missed!

It's a happy day for me. lol

• @Dealer of Death is the only forum elder I like!

You missed a lot...

1. There was a TD4 vs KFG Thread which led to a in-conlusive battle.
      2. @WednesdayAddams left the forum... (She couldn't hack it
      3. @ComteJohn left from the amount of forum spammers.
      4. @Red Snapper gaslighted for remarks on Croatian spammers. (Racial tone)
      5. ME and KFG having a 3 page argument to end are differences. (Which ended in no agreement)

• Me and KFG had so many arguments when you left.

I also created the:

Anti-KFG Movement

The Enlightenment Movement
      (Read my signature: Showing that Con forum newbies bring new ideas to the table, which is the process of the Enlightenment)