Announcement Official Season 9 Unit FEEDBACK thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Cpt_Merica wrote:

the game necessarily must associate each helicopter to an Elite Frigate, so when one of them gets destroyed
      But which one gets destroyed - there aer 2 seemingly undifferentiated elite frigates perhaps carrying specific units each, but what determines which ship (and it's aircraft) die? Does the player get to put a priority on the one with the helicopter officer for example? If one of my elite frigates sink, I prefer if it was not the one carrying my helicopter officer.

Perhaps it's the oldest or newest ship that dies? If this is the case, you could put the helicopters you want to prioritize on a specific boat (you would loose track if you grouped the elite frigates beforehand.

Anyway... I think it would be good to have the carrier ships stackable (at least elite frigate) and have their air craft groupable for sorties... however, I do think it's a bit complex and I definitely don't want to randomly loose my helicopter officer if one of my two elite frigates dies.
    • STRIKER wrote:

Not a fan of the elite frig. Was cool to try it out but the non stacking issue turns it off for me. Prefer normal frigs as you have ti level up both and I don’t see much gain from it except to waste resources
      Are you the same "Striker" as the 23rd Alliance?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Ugh.. I just lost an attack chopper.

Unit:
      2 naval stacks: each with 2 cruisers, 2 frigates, 1 elite frigate
      One naval stack had 3 gunships on it
      Second naval stack had 1 gunship, 1 attack heli, 1 officer on it

Test sequence:
      1. patrol each helicopter 3-stack
      2. merge the ship stacks (no problems, still 2 heli groups, no casualties)
      3. recall the helicopter stacks (no problems, stack unified into 1 after refuel
      4. patrolled the 6 helicopters together (no problems)
      5. split the ships into two stacks - this created 4 helicopter stacks:
      - 3x gunship stack
      - 1x attack helicopter "stack"
      - 1x heli officer "stack"
      - 1x gunship "stack"
      6. merged the ship stacks again
      7. returned all helicopters to the ship stack
      8. while helicopters were refueling in the 4 stacks I mentioned above, I split the ships again
      - my attack helicopter died leaving my officer and gunship on one ship stack and the 3 gunships on the other

I believe the outcome in step 5 is explained in the CoN update post... it says all different kinds of units will be split (though I would prefer if units with the same range were not split)

I think the outcome of step 8 is clearly a bug. Game is 6711632 and I am East African Federation. Can I have my helicopter back please? I'm about to launch an invasion in 12 hours.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Are you the same "Striker" as the 23rd Alliance?
      Is the letter "I" the same as "Y"?
      Of course you know there is a whole spectrum of answers depending on your meaning of "the same".
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Zozo001 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

Of course you know there is a whole spectrum of answers depending on your meaning of "the same".
      I am sure a Bill Clinton quote is incoming about what "is" is, is it not?
      LOL, I swear, that's exactly what I had in mind when I composed my reply.
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Saucon21 wrote:

So I see we are nearing the end of the season, anything in the pipeline for next season like maybe some more old units back like the elite chopper to go with elite frig. Really would like the rail gun personally
      Oooo! Oooo! Do the UGV again!
      The KING of CoN News!!!

• Saucon21 wrote:

So I see we are nearing the end of the season, anything in the pipeline for next season like maybe some more old units back like the elite chopper to go with elite frig. Really would like the rail gun personally
      Our design team is currently working on the upcoming season. We'd obviously love to hear ideas so go for it :D

Can you see any gaps that can be filled in with a new seasonal unit?
    • Rainmaker2112 wrote:

Ugh.. I just lost an attack chopper.

Unit:
      2 naval stacks: each with 2 cruisers, 2 frigates, 1 elite frigate
      One naval stack had 3 gunships on it
      Second naval stack had 1 gunship, 1 attack heli, 1 officer on it

Test sequence:
      1. patrol each helicopter 3-stack
      2. merge the ship stacks (no problems, still 2 heli groups, no casualties)
      3. recall the helicopter stacks (no problems, stack unified into 1 after refuel
      4. patrolled the 6 helicopters together (no problems)
      5. split the ships into two stacks - this created 4 helicopter stacks:
      - 3x gunship stack
      - 1x attack helicopter "stack"
      - 1x heli officer "stack"
      - 1x gunship "stack"
      6. merged the ship stacks again
      7. returned all helicopters to the ship stack
      8. while helicopters were refueling in the 4 stacks I mentioned above, I split the ships again
      - my attack helicopter died leaving my officer and gunship on one ship stack and the 3 gunships on the other

I believe the outcome in step 5 is explained in the CoN update post... it says all different kinds of units will be split (though I would prefer if units with the same range were not split)

I think the outcome of step 8 is clearly a bug. Game is 6711632 and I am East African Federation. Can I have my helicopter back please? I'm about to launch an invasion in 12 hours.
      Have you submitted a bug report with this information? It helps immensely when you submit reports. It allows us to get to your issues quickly.
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

Saucon21 wrote:

Our design team is currently working on the upcoming season. We'd obviously love to hear ideas so go for it :D
      Elite AWAC :D

Ry wrote:

• It will basically be normal awacs, except at T2-T3 it will be able to detend low ground radar contacts. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to make it carrier based at T2, seeing as nawacs... yeah. Potentially a semi-long range missile used for air to air combat as currently you cannot launch missiles at air targets. Problem is I haven't found a missile which can be used as an euro doctrine varient as Russia (R-37 and KS-172) and þe US (Aim-97 Seekbat and Aim-54 Phoenix) each has two, but I can't find one for EU. :(Also note Russian ones are more modern and have longer ranges so it would be sensible for Eastern doctrine to have better ones.

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day." - The Joker

The post was edited 2 times, last by rwt ().

• Maxim | CM wrote:

Saucon21 wrote:

I'm sure you knew this comment of yours was going to get a number of replies, or at least I think it will, but putting this out there because I'd love to unlock everything at some point: rotate old seasonal units starting with the oldest unit to be the upcoming seasonal unit. If the Elite Bomber last came out 2 years ago (just an example folks, don't cite me here :rolleyes: ) and has not been seasonal the longest, then the Elite Bomber would be the default new seasonal unit. I know this is something you have probably defaulted to. I just wanted to make sure/check since I haven't really asked before and it's been a while since I've seen some of the elite units come around. A brand-new elite unit, in my opinion, seems like it should only happen 1x per year, especially if you want to lengthen sprints and testing.
      The beatings will continue until morale improves!