Announcement Official Season 9 Unit FEEDBACK thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Official Season 9 Unit FEEDBACK thread

You know the drill.
      With the Season 9 meta now well matured, we're looking for focused feedback from you, encouraging discussion to take place in this thread. Particularly we're wondering how you're finding the Elite Frigate unit in terms of design and balance.

In case you missed it we've also introduced the Main battle tank - if you have comments you'd like to share on the unit now is the time!
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

• I prefer normal frigates combined with 1 destroyer or even with naval officer since at level 1 elite frig you can ony build 3 and they cant even stack so why do I want 3 elite frig when I can build 15 or 20 normal ones before can reach level 2. also you need level 2 normal frigates to upgrade elite frigs to 2 so thats a no for me it consumes a lot of time and resources and I already have normal ones. elite frigate is good bc it can deal with choppers and submarines but by the time you get decent level for elite frigate the game is over. imagine you need to max level normal frigates to be able to upgrade elite ones to 3 nope nope and no ! (this doesn't apply for golders for sure since they can level up everything faster, this is for poor players but hey we all know this elite frig is meant for golders)
    • they are more powerful not stackable than they would be if they were stacked. Not being stackable means you can effectively stack all of your ships without any penalty if you create stacks of 4+1. 4 of any ship + 1 elite frigate. Stack them all and move together. They will not stack but will be placed in the same spot, attack together without any penalty. I just used them in a match, wiped the entire navy of the opposing coalition and only took one hit. I had 20 frigates/cruisers and I didn’t 1 hit a stack of attack subs in deep water, otherwise I would not have gotten hit even once

Edit: until this is changed elite frigates are a MUST have unit. 3-4 stacks(all with attack range of 100) that can 1 hit or almost 1 hit any stack can take out essentially an unlimited amount of ships (even subs in deep water) especially since elite frigate has radar and sonar of 125 at lvl 3. I made a thread with more details of the game

Elite frigate broken op
      Files

The post was edited 2 times, last by Admira G1 ().

• I second the suggestions of giving it a 5 chopper capacity.

I don’t mind being unable to stack it with other carriers, that would probably make the chopper management a mess! As long as I can keep stacking it with other naval units I think it works fine.
      But yeah, the 3 chopper limit made me stop using it as a carrier, specially late in the game.

Btw, not sure if it has been brought up or fixed already but I did have an issue where I was unable to ferry choppers to an elite frigate unless it was in range of an airbase. I mean, if we can ferry choppers to distant airbases that are outside the chopper’s travel range, we should be able to ferry them to a distant elite frigate as well.
    • How do you even beta test these season units when upwards of 90% of a game are under rank 10 and a good 75% of an WW3 in particular are unactive or borderline not active players. Most games are a walk though. Hardest part of a game is is balancing morale when you need to kill off a coaltion of actually active players and you like bombers to much lol(WW3)
    • Saucon21 wrote:

How do you even beta test these season units when upwards of 90% of a game are under rank 10 and a good 75% of an WW3 in particular are unactive or borderline not active players. Most games are a walk though. Hardest part of a game is is balancing morale when you need to kill off a coaltion of actually active players and you like bombers to much lol(WW3)
      I also just checked and Googling "beta" in the forum site returns this existing thread and post by Aquela that describes Dorado's process (the 10th link in the page that my search returned).

The post is pretty close to exactly what you're interested in - So take a peek and see where that leads you.

Season 9: Progress Report
    • Davroon wrote:

Hello can anyone on here help me find out if it would be possible for me to build the elite battle tank at any point in this season if i don't have a season 1 badge? i saw it was one of the special units this season. i dont have 2500 points yet, would this accomplish it?
      Yes, gain 2500 points for the current season (season 9) and you can unlock the elite battle tank.
    • Let's face it: The Elite Frigate has become another major disappointment and missed opportunity for the developers to reignite interest in the CON franchise. It revealed both lack of imagination for creating something really new and exciting and shortage of technical skills to implement properly even the relatively modest tasks.

Looking at it with an open mind, do you really think that many players will invest the time and money (to buy the Security Council membership) needed to permanently unlock the Elite Frigate? Is it the type of unit whose presence on the battlefield is sufficient to tip the scales in favor of the dedicated players who have it as apposed to all others who do not?
      You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone // Al Capone

The post was edited 2 times, last by micgamer ().