AI giving ,,right of way" ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI giving ,,right of way" ?

I recently came across situation where an another player I am fighting tried to conquer AI, failed, AI fights back and takes its provinces back... except for one province.
      Which means in order to stop one war I have to go through AI and got me thinking it would be nice if there was a mechanism when AI is willing to
      change status to ,,right of way" under some conditions.

It might make things interesting if lets say there are players A and B and AI nation between them.
      Each can see other player isnt fighting AI nation, A is thinking ,,ok, I am safe now" and suddenly units of B start to pour via AI nation because B and AI share same doctrine / B belongs to certain block of nations (shia, sunny, arabic, slavic,...) / A attacked its neighbour but B didnt so he is ,,more trustworthy" for AI / B has build more infrastructure than A ...
      Simply some conditions to win favor with AI.

What do you think about this ?
    • What would be even cooler is if you could get rouge state to join your coalition, like how cool would that be. Im in a game that im losing sadly in a 1 v 5, but the rouge state in that game has almost 1000vp. And im surprisingly not at war with the rouge state:) But anyway rouge state being able to join your coalition would be a cool feature.
      "The greatest battles are never won by men but with words"-Me

"Free flies and no work"-ME

"Duty is heavier than a mountain death as light as a feather" Lan from the Wheel of Time

• Zefyros22 wrote:

I recently came across situation where an another player I am fighting tried to conquer AI, failed, AI fights back and takes its provinces back... except for one province.
      Which means in order to stop one war I have to go through AI and got me thinking it would be nice if there was a mechanism when AI is willing to
      change status to ,,right of way" under some conditions.

It might make things interesting if lets say there are players A and B and AI nation between them.
      Each can see other player isnt fighting AI nation, A is thinking ,,ok, I am safe now" and suddenly units of B start to pour via AI nation because B and AI share same doctrine / B belongs to certain block of nations (shia, sunny, arabic, slavic,...) / A attacked its neighbour but B didnt so he is ,,more trustworthy" for AI / B has build more infrastructure than A ...
      Simply some conditions to win favor with AI.

What do you think about this ?
      It works pretty much exactly as you described (except for the Doctrinal connection bit) in Call of War 1942, and it works really well. I'd like to see it ported over to CoN as well, yeah.