Elite frigate broken op

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jim Lake wrote:

Yeah bud you will take full damage to every stack of ships grouping them like this. Even people who hit and run with multiple stacks keep them spread out to avoid getting splash damaged like you 100% will grouping your ships like this.

1. Bad idea to set up ships in a way that makes them easily splashed.

yes that has been established. That doesn’t prevent you from doing it

2. “If you get the first shot” is pretty pointless to bring up. If they get the first shot you’re going to lose 5+ ships. If you get it with the 20 ships listed they’ll have similar losses.

The point is it can be done. Especially in the first strike that declares war.

3. You will get trashed by a strong naval player who can hit and run well stacking slow ass frigates with cruisers. It’s really not that hard to completely avoid someone returning fire on your ships even if they have the same range as you and with lower speed than them if doesn’t matter if you’re online too. You won’t catch them at frigates speed.

i am a strong naval player. That’s not true. If both players are active there is a delay between your attack and moving back. A lot of times confirming your attack did damage takes seconds to load and you can get hit even if you move your ships immediately. Even with lower speeds it can land attacks equally as much. Elite frigates have longer view and that’s a huge advantage to hit and run.

4. Naval officer+cruisers will absolutely wipe all twenty boats in record time if you do this against the wrong player. Even a solo naval officer (or elite subs lvl 2+ in shallows) at lvl 4 could kill all 20 ships without getting hit once.

You can easily replace most of the frigates with cruisers and have 16 cruisers+2 frigates +2 elite frigates.

5. You can accomplish basically the same exact thing without all the obvious risks and downsides keeping your ships spaced a couple minutes travel time apart from each other.
      try them yourself. I’ve already started a new match just to try this again more extensively. I only realized this in the final war and the map ended 2 days later. I want to test it out again and try different combinations
    • Marcellus wrote:

Admira G1 wrote:

Well as others mentioned, being one second apart is dangerous to you because of splash damage. OP is a matter of opinion. I just wanted to make the point about the game mechanic that is possible right now with the elite frigate which eventually the developers claim they will fix but it will still be possible with aircraft carriers. I’m not sure if the stacking of elite frigates will be applied to aircraft carriers or if they are already stackable. As far as I can remember aircraft carriers can not stack with other aircraft carriers.

I think if people try it out in a game them self they will fully understand what I was trying to say and how easy it is to one shot naval stacks

As of right now carriers are not able to stack either so it will get fixed at some point. Same thing with the elite frigate. I am almost certain
      Previously, carriers WERE stackable. I am positive I've had 2 in a stack before.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • KFGauss wrote:

When the Elite Frigate "bug" isn't helping someone keep stacks separated, what's the trick to putting more than five ships in one spot without seeing them automatically merge into a more-than-5-ships, over-stacked stack?

Admira G1 wrote:

When you separate ships that are moving, first they are not exactly in the same spot and the attacks will be off by the amount of time it takes you to order their separation. It is small time frame and that time can be very minimal that the effect is similar but more dangerous. Let’s say you have 20 ships all on aggressive and you send them to enemy shores and separate them on the way, if they encounter any enemy ships and your first stack begins the fire, by the your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc stack has the chance to fire you can get return fire that might apply to all of your stacks. So it is actually more dangerous the way you describe it because of that small delay that will allow your opponent to attack you back. Many people here have made the point that any damage received will be applied to all of the ships and if true that’s more risk than elite frigate multi stacks. Do you agree?
      I have some catching up to do on this thread, but let me answer what I've seen so far.

Admira G1, you have pointed out something I ahve overlooked because I have never had more than 10 ships stacked. However, you CAN get 2 stack EXACTLY on the same spot and easily commandable.
      1. Send group all 10 ships
      2. Send the whole 10 stack somewhere (doesn't matter you just have to have them moving)
      3. split the stack 5 each and you have 2 stack which both update to full speed immediately

This wouldn't quite work with more than 10, as you pointed out, becuase splitting out 5 leaves an inefficient move rate if the original stack had more than 10 ships.

Still, 2 stacks is pretty nice. With subs (which Is what I often play) that's about 200 damage instantly when you micro-manage (which I always try to do when battles happen)

Hopefully this wasn't explained by someone else... I haven't caught up completely...
    • KFGauss wrote:

Marcellus wrote:

KFGauss wrote:

I'm assuming that the several ships (more than 5) that become the attacking stacks start in the same place in a single stack.

What causes the ships to be separated by (or to encounter their opponent at times separated by) only 1 second?

I would think that the several attacking stacks extracted from the original attacker stack would be separated by several seconds, because it would take several seconds of mouse-pointing and mouse-clicking to split each attacking group/stack out of the original stack and send it on its way to its unique destination.

With that in mind I would think that those several stacks would reach their target, still separated by several seconds.
      1. Yes more than one full stack2 and 3. Because of the penalty for a second would cause them to be separated

4. Idk that depends how fast you are on mobile it pretty quick :D
      OK - I think I puzzled it out.
      What's been left unsaid is that you start the original (over-stacked) stack toward the destination you want all of the soon-to-be-created new attacking stacks to go to, and that original stack begins moving slowly (because it is over-stacked) toward that destination.

As you remove ships from the original stack to create new (not-over-stacked) stacks from the original, the new stacks begin moving faster than the (penalized because it is over-stacked) original stack.

Because the new stack(s) is moving faster than the penalized, over-stacked original, it moves a second or two's worth of distance ahead of the original, still-penalized stack (and the new stack will also be a second or two behind any non-penalized stacks that were extracted from the original stack before this one was extracted).

Thanks
      Yeah, you got it, with the exception of splitting a 10 stack into two 5 stacks which causes both stacks to switch to the same speed at the same time.

With micro, my opinion is that this is very powerful around day 30 when your attacking navy is 10 units.