Real Military Forces per country

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Real Military Forces per country

Hi All,

I've already addressed this topic in the past here. But I can't stop thinking about it.

I know that there will be challenges and pros and cons, like with ANY idea of a new game variation. But I also played Call of War and they have a 1939 Historical scenario where, although it's not perfect, the idea is to replicate every country's military force at that point in time.

The basic concept is to have any country starting the game on day 1 with their respective "real life" military power in terms of Army, Navy and Air Force. I think that part of the fun in the game would be to be able to use diplomacy and strategy to try to compensate any military difference in the beginning. Additionally, expanding the maximum number of allies on a coalition would be another helpful thing to have in that map.

Hopefully this is helpful firing up some ideas and brainstorm inside the company.

On 2 side and non-related notes:

1. I will try to come up with ways to minimize the impact of how much gold you are willing to spend on winning the game. I know you have to make a living, but would try to minimize the impact of gold. Now is pretty much decisive.

2. I would make terrain to be much more decisive on ground battles as it is now. Trying to make the game more realistic.

Thank you for the space! :thumbsup:
    • SAITAM78 wrote:

Hi All,

I've already addressed this topic in the past here. But I can't stop thinking about it.
      Then why didn't you just add any new ideas you've had to the original discussion?

There is no value in discarding that original discussion. Discarding it hurts rather than helps. Anything useful you or someone else put into it should be amplified, not left to rot.

Can you (use Google to) find that previous discussion ad re-open it?

Are these new, feasible suggestions?

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().