Ranged Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ranged Units

So i havent used artillery much. early on it seemed they were really weak. when theyre in a stack, theyre the only ones that fire while the rest of the unit sits there. it seems like it takes forever for them to defeat an enemy, but i havent tried much....

when using the top tier infintry unit, i use the move button, instead of attack, for the city i want to take.... is this a mistake on my part?
    • obviously when i skip the ranged fighting of my infantry, they take damage, but it seems like they take the city so much faster. if i use 2 or 3 units with the ranged attack is the health trade off worth the time trade off? do most ppl use the move button instead of attack like me, or am i short changing myself
    • noy819038 wrote:

obviously when i skip the ranged fighting of my infantry, they take damage, but it seems like they take the city so much faster. if i use 2 or 3 units with the ranged attack is the health trade off worth the time trade off? do most ppl use the move button instead of attack like me, or am i short changing myself
      You want fast killing use aircraft.
      You dont want to take any damage? Then use Arty.

Since Infantry in general is widely regarded as a non-combat unit most people clear out cities with Aircraft/ Artillery and then move in with Infantry.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Zozo001 wrote:

noy819038 wrote:

early on it seemed they were really weak.
      Why?
      Low HP and low damage output, not as spammable as say GHs and a lot more vulnerable than normal units as whole

Yes even MBTs > arty on the first few days because MBTs heal very fast on Waters and have high high HP (meat shield)

SF less vulnerable because only weak to ASF and a bit of MAA.

GHs only vulnerable to ASF/ a bit to MAA (can defeat MAA in numbers combined with ASF)
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Mbt heals very fast on water?
      Sorry but no.
      Everything heals the same rate on water so mbt takes forever to heal.
      Btw when you build lvl 1 hospital which you should in first 2-3 days you heal the same rate. Next hospital lvl which should immediately follow and you heal better.

Why would you build mbt at all?
      MBT heals fast on water because it’s HP while being a transport is much lower (12 hp). So for instance, the tank will recover 2hp per day in shallow water but it will end up being around 8hp per day once it goes back on land.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Zemunelo wrote:

Mbt heals very fast on water?
      Sorry but no.
      Everything heals the same rate on water so mbt takes forever to heal.
      Btw when you build lvl 1 hospital which you should in first 2-3 days you heal the same rate. Next hospital lvl which should immediately follow and you heal better.

Why would you build mbt at all?
      It does heal significantly faster on water than on land; a lvl 1 hospital can’t match that
    • Lmfao, don’t sound so sure of yourself or don’t expect people to be kind to you if you’re absolutely wrong
      MbTs help to absorb a lot of damage if you didn’t realise, a 10 stack of MRLs only does about 50-70 damage every hr, if you have 10 stack MBTs its gonna take that stack 10hrs to destroy it, but also allows you to gain land and push for strategic location whilst gaining intel of possible points MRL is going for spec ops to intercept and strike them
      In order words, MBTs there only to act as meat shield thanks to quick healing in waters and to find out what striking capabilties enemy has. 8C56843B-500D-4885-9CB2-7EF11A580F73.jpegon day 25, ally has about 5-7 stacks of such huge units ( comprising of at least 1 MAA lvl 3, 3-5 AFVs and 5-7 lvl 6 Mot inf)
      As you can see these stacks are basically extremely hard to destroy , sure they may not have any MBTs but this is a sure sign of Armoured inf usage that can overpower most air players if they’re not careful
    • japan samurai wrote:

Lmfao, don’t sound so sure of yourself or don’t expect people to be kind to you if you’re absolutely wrong
      MbTs help to absorb a lot of damage if you didn’t realise, a 10 stack of MRLs only does about 50-70 damage every hr, if you have 10 stack MBTs its gonna take that stack 10hrs to destroy it, but also allows you to gain land and push for strategic location whilst gaining intel of possible points MRL is going for spec ops to intercept and strike them
      In order words, MBTs there only to act as meat shield thanks to quick healing in waters and to find out what striking capabilties enemy has. 8C56843B-500D-4885-9CB2-7EF11A580F73.jpegon day 25, ally has about 5-7 stacks of such huge units ( comprising of at least 1 MAA lvl 3, 3-5 AFVs and 5-7 lvl 6 Mot inf)
      As you can see these stacks are basically extremely hard to destroy , sure they may not have any MBTs but this is a sure sign of Armoured inf usage that can overpower most air players if they’re not careful
      Ummm, I get that it is nice to have a meat shield, but why not just get some more artillery firepower instead?
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Lmfao, don’t sound so sure of yourself or don’t expect people to be kind to you if you’re absolutely wrong
      Ummm, I get that it is nice to have a meat shield, but why not just get some more artillery firepower instead?
      I mean you could get Marty to act as both absorber of damage and Damage dealer, sure you could get more MRLs but for the almost same resource, MBT > MRL in term of HP, by having more HP and meat shield you’re capable of making sure he hits that MBT first and then you Strike his MRL with You’re own.

Basically making sure he runs his 1hr timer first whilst you’re arty does counter arty fire, ensuring you’re arty are mainly safe and sound. You could replace that MBT stack with stack of MRLs but that means that you’re stack of MRL will be the one taking damage (if not you’ll be taking more losses per hit if u use other melee unit eg. Mot inf/AFV/ACV because MBT hp is at least 2x of any other unit)
    • japan samurai wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

I mean you could get Marty to act as both absorber of damage and Damage dealer, sure you could get more MRLs but for the almost same resource, MBT > MRL in term of HP, by having more HP and meat shield you’re capable of making sure he hits that MBT first and then you Strike his MRL with You’re own.
      Basically making sure he runs his 1hr timer first whilst you’re arty does counter arty fire, ensuring you’re arty are mainly safe and sound. You could replace that MBT stack with stack of MRLs but that means that you’re stack of MRL will be the one taking damage (if not you’ll be taking more losses per hit if u use other melee unit eg. Mot inf/AFV/ACV because MBT hp is at least 2x of any other unit)
      OHHHHHH i like this!

my main stack was :
      2 sams
      1 radar
      1 mech inf
      6 artys

buttttttttttttt i think ill trade out one arty, for 1 MBT.... i know every games diff, but in general how do you like that stack? i build my artys up pretty fast, set them to "aggressive", and use "move" instead of attack.... if radar picks something up they shell until its cleared.

def been my best stack so far, but always open to improvements
    • noy819038 wrote:

OHHHHHH i like this!
      my main stack was :
      2 sams
      1 radar
      1 mech inf
      6 artys

buttttttttttttt i think ill trade out one arty, for 1 MBT.... i know every games diff, but in general how do you like that stack? i build my artys up pretty fast, set them to "aggressive", and use "move" instead of attack.... if radar picks something up they shell until its cleared.

WHY? Why in [Insert favorite higher power, here]'s name would you want to do that?
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dealer of Death: matching brackets ().

• noy819038 wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

japan samurai wrote:

I mean you could get Marty to act as both absorber of damage and Damage dealer, sure you could get more MRLs but for the almost same resource, MBT > MRL in term of HP, by having more HP and meat shield you’re capable of making sure he hits that MBT first and then you Strike his MRL with You’re own.Basically making sure he runs his 1hr timer first whilst you’re arty does counter arty fire, ensuring you’re arty are mainly safe and sound. You could replace that MBT stack with stack of MRLs but that means that you’re stack of MRL will be the one taking damage (if not you’ll be taking more losses per hit if u use other melee unit eg. Mot inf/AFV/ACV because MBT hp is at least 2x of any other unit)
      OHHHHHH i like this!
      my main stack was :
      2 sams
      1 radar
      1 mech inf
      6 artys

Nice. Shame you dont have railguns.

Inf Officer
      6-10 Lvl.2 - Lvl. 3 Railguns
      1 National Guard
    • Hakaishin wrote:

Inf Officer
      1 National Guard
      Tank officer is better for artillery than Infantry officer.
    • Aether wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Hakaishin wrote:

Inf Officer
      1 National Guard
      Tank officer is better for artillery than Infantry officer.
      I'd just use both, anything that increase the snail speed of arty is good.
      snail speed? except towed they all move more than fast enough, 1.3 speed isn’t really slower than other units