Give ranged attack to all inf branch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I think you missed the point entirely. The defined purpose of a given unit is insignificant/irrelevant compared to it’s actual effectiveness in the current meta. And likewise little significance is placed upon it’s relation to it’s RL counterpart.

Read what he said up there... (Ruined my lunch break)

He said all other inf branches were "obsolete" and I'm trying to prove not all of them are. And that motorized inf is the big head poncho of Infantry.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

I think you missed the point entirely. The defined purpose of a given unit is insignificant/irrelevant compared to it’s actual effectiveness in the current meta. And likewise little significance is placed upon it’s relation to it’s RL counterpart.
      Read what he said up there... (Ruined my lunch break)

He said all other inf branches were "obsolete" and I'm trying to prove not all of them are. And that motorized inf is the big head poncho of Infantry.
      The only infantry that is not obsolete is NGs…Motorized Infantry is okay but not great.
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Aeneas of Troy wrote:

The only infantry that is not obsolete is NGs…Motorized Infantry is okay but not great.
      Mechanized Inf is ok, but slow.

Airborne sucks.

SAS is great but doens't occupy.

NG's <X <X <X <X

Marines are ok could be better (The few the proud, Marines)

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Mechanized Inf is ok, but slow.
      Airborne sucks.

SAS is great but doens't occupy.

NG's <X <X <X <X
      You haven’t played that much have you? :D
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • I don't play as much as I used to no. (School and Homework and what not)

I used NG very little so I might be missing a lot.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

I don't play as much as I used to no. (School and Homework and what not)

I used NG very little so I might be missing a lot.
      You talk here plenty lol.

Level 1 NGs are awesome because they do exactly what infantry are supposed to do (take territories and hold cities) for the cheapest price. Melee is to be avoided, because you end up trading hit with an opponent, so advanced melee stats are not important. Let your artillery, Aircraft, and Navy do all the fighting, and then send in swarms of NGs to clean up.

Tanks and other infantry are just targets…
    • Late in game though when your morale steadily goes down, your homeland is getting invaded. The NG is useless. Only military score.

But you're right about how they are land grab units for cheap.

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

Tanks and other infantry are just targets…
      Don't talk about my Abrams, Leopard 2A7, and T 14 Armata with that disrespectful tone!

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

The Destroyer 4 wrote:

@kurtvonstein you know every Infantry unit has its defined purpose? Right?

Motorized Inf - Transported by light vehicles during combat; main role is to hold provinces and cities.

Mechanized Inf - A heavy support unit for your MBT's during combat, and has some anti air capabilities.

Naval Inf - A inf that is able to embark and disembark from provinces without a port; able to battle in Urban areas.

Airborne inf - Able to flown the battle field in a moments notice; by a transport helicopter. (Black Hawk)

Special Forces Inf - Able to battle in any terrain; able to execute counter Insurgency missions. Anxious to get another kill. (Won't occupy territory)

National Guard Inf - Called on for local homeland threats; the units points depend on the homeland country's morale.

All of these have a specific design and a role for a reason, that we can cover all the bases in the battlefield. Even if some are useless they have a defined purpose in the battlefield. All of these units are "appreciated" in the battlefield; one way or another. I don't want my SAS to be scared sissies and mortar the insurgents for 8-15 Hours. SAS are made for hand to hand, not for Mortar, bushes, trees. And theoretically an Airborne Inf does not want to have a 4-15 pound or 5-12 inch mortar inside the helicopter,. That would take up a lot of space for the inf itself.

kurtvonstein wrote:

maybe some paratrooper lvl 1 when I feel funny.
      Airborne inf is literally that, but without the parachutes and the bulky plane.

kurtvonstein wrote:

for me being a higly efficiency driven player I dont research more then lvl 1 national guard.
      Nobody said you have too, but others do. And that's why they have a specific role and ability.

kurtvonstein wrote:

all other infantry branches are obsolete.
      And somehow my lvl 4 mechanized inf can take out a lvl 6 motorized inf.Or my lvl 5 SAS can take out a lvl 6 inf. (Any time of the week)
      For instance, there is little purpose in getting mechanized infantry as a heavy support unit to go with MBTs as it is folly to build MBTs in the first place. Again, there is no reason to get expensive Marines when a couple NGs can do the exact same job for far less. So the question Kurtvonstein is asking is how to make these types of units more relevant and worthy to be placed in his OOB. Even if a suggestion doesn’t exactly match RL doesn’t really matter.

Display Spoiler
      I don’t know why I’m bothering to explain this to you…

in real life, most amateur infantry lies can only fire within a range of 5 kilometers. This, it would be unrealistic to add ranged properties to all types of infantry.

Besides, most infantry units nowadays are paired with ranged units like artillery. You can simulate this in the game by putting infantry units and artillery units in the same stack.
    • aplicar wax wrote:

in real life, most amateur infantry lies can only fire within a range of 5 kilometers. This, it would be unrealistic to add ranged properties to all types of infantry.

Besides, most infantry units nowadays are paired with ranged units like artillery. You can simulate this in the game by putting infantry units and artillery units in the same stack.

This is a game not real life.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

This is a game not real life.
      It is supposed to be as close to real life as possible.
    • aplicar wax wrote:

It is supposed to be as close to real life as possible.

• Aeneas of Troy wrote:

For instance, there is little purpose in getting mechanized infantry as a heavy support unit to go with MBTs as it is folly to build MBTs in the first place. Again, there is no reason to get expensive Marines when a couple NGs can do the exact same job for far less. So the question Kurtvonstein is asking is how to make these types of units more relevant and worthy to be placed in his OOB. Even if a suggestion doesn’t exactly match RL doesn’t really matter.

Display Spoiler
      I don’t know why I’m bothering to explain this to you…

Thank you. I wonder if you are the only one who understood my intention (although I though I made it clear in my initial post).

This is not about realism. this debate is triggered by someone else. this is about giving late game infantry some purpose.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Thank you. I wonder if you are the only one who understood my intention (although I though I made it clear in my initial post).

This is not about realism. this debate is triggered by someone else. this is about giving late game infantry some purpose.
      I know I'm one of those people who understand.

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

I know I'm one of those people who understand.
      Your level of comprehension shows itself daily :D

P.S. had to remove that Gif
    • "Your level of comprehension shows itself daily :D

P.S. had to remove that Gif"

Cogh cough* gets a 5 in the EOG 2 years in a row and comprehension* cough cough

When you don't understand that it's a f-cking joke. A throws petty insult,

Read in between the lines... and look at the gif.

I just wish people can comprehend a joke ...

BTW I used to have a speech issue and comprehensive issue, that's why I didn't take this kindly.

• That's why Marcellus died from a minor illness.

Weak leader.