Terrain Bonuses for Naval Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zefyros22 wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

And - OBTW - Why on Earth would anyone put submarines and surface ships into the same category for this topic?
      A lot. Not all. So they should be considered in at least some weather conditions. Not to mention troop transports.
      “Do Submarines get affected by waves and weather conditions?” Yes they do depending on their depth. If we are at 200 feet, we can feel the weather and if it is moderate or worse you rock a little bit. At 400 feet, you can feel major storms passing over. At periscope depth a storm throws you around similar to the films you see of surface ships getting tossed around. We have a round hull to help us move through the water easier (teardrop) and that adds to your rolls. Anything that is not tied down can become unintended crush hazards."
      Source : quora.com/Are-submarines-affected-by-weather
      If you intended to disagree with me you failed.

Nothing you posted here disagrees with my two statements.
      1) Subs ignore a lot of weather - They do.
      2) Subs' and surface ships' are affected differently by weather - They are.

What you posted doesn't tie any possible CoN weather effects to CoN (fake) (crudely approximated) submarines' combat or movement abilities.

That said, this entire thread is about an un-clever topic.

Anyone interested in the good reasons why injecting either weather or climate into CoN is probably a bad idea, can just do a little research to see the previous discussion(s).

After reading that existing info, you have to ask this - If transient weather or seasonal climate isn't what's creating this thread's ocean "terrain", what is?

OBTW - No modern attack or ballistic missile sub has a teardrop hull. They are (to a close approximation) long cylinders with a rounded blunt nose and a bit of a teardrop shape at the tail. When the surface is rough and if they are at the surface (for something like a peacetime transit in/out of port), they do roll a lot because that cylindrical shape (with the "sail" sticking up) does get slapped around, but CoN isn't set in WW2 or in the early Cold War. CoN subs don't spend much time surfaced, and CoN timescales, distances, and overall approximations make that time irrelevant (it's already part of the unit specs).

The post was edited 3 times, last by KFGauss ().

• And here are the results...

"Usually, submarines feel like you're on a large, very stable jumbo jet and the only time you feel any real rocking due to sea state is when you're on the surface or at periscope depth."

"Do you feel rough seas in a submarine? It depends on how rough the seas are and how deep you are. if you are on or very near the surface, it is nasty as submarines don't slice through the water, they wallow through it. You can always go deep enough to make the surface turbulence go away."

So KFG (Booooooooooooooooo) was right; about how submarines feel little to none weather while underwater.

But @Zefyros22 is right about how it depends on the depth in question.

Ultimately KFG is right.

I cant believe I said that! (Ill need to get that taste off my tongue)
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris
    • TD4

You might feel like you're being nice or something similar, but I can't think of any subject on which need your opinion or your stupid GIFs.

I know what I wrote is right, and I know it without your "results".

I and many of my colleagues have been on a modern submarine, you clueless dingbat.

Maybe it's had for you to truly understand this and its implications, but there are people in the world who have been accumulating knowledge and wisdom for decades longer than you have been alive, and perhaps for even longer than your parents have been alive.

I (we) absolutely, 100%, totally don't need for you to try inject yourself into discussions as the arbiter of what's right and wrong.

Why?

Because you are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at it.

Do you understand?

If not, how much more brutal do I need to be for what I'm saying to sink in?

Listen with your ears, not with your mouth.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KFGauss ().

• Dear, KFG

I hope this note means you well...

KFGauss wrote:

You might feel like you're being nice or something similar, but I can't think of any subject on which need your opinion or your stupid GIFs.
      This is coming from a child with high anxiety; I'm trying to be nice, that's a guideline of the forum isn't it? So... sanctioning a child's voice is bad, isn't this a forum where we can express are feelings and opinions on this game. Trying to keep 1 singular person from expressing his or her's opinion defeats the purpose.

KFGauss wrote:

I know what I wrote is right, and I know it without your "results".
      Hey your doctor called, I think you suffer from NPD (Narcissistic personality disorder) You might need to go to a Psychiatrist.

KFGauss wrote:

I and many of my colleagues have been on a modern submarine, you clueless dingbat.
      What the hell is a "dingbat" what is this? The Nixon Era, oh god. 'Hey this is a stick up! You clueless dingbat put your hands were I can see em seeee.

KFGauss wrote:

Maybe it's had for you to truly understand this and its implications, but there are people in the world who have been accumulating knowledge and wisdom for decades longer than you have been alive, and perhaps for even longer than your parents have been alive.
      Never said I was smarter, just putting my opinion out there... what this forum used for. Like there's kids smarter than adults, a lot of these kids know how to do PIE, Arithmetic, ect better than most adults.

KFGauss wrote:

I (we) absolutely, 100%, totally don't need for you to try inject yourself into discussions as the arbiter of what's right and wrong.

Why?

Because you are ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE at it.

Do you understand?

If not, how much more brutal do I need to be for what I'm saying to sink in?

Listen with your ears, not with your mouth.
      First of all, this is a F-O-R-U-M, FORUM! This is the definition just in case you don't know what forum means:
      "a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."
      And I'm exchanging or interjecting my opinion. Like that's a literal reason for a forum.

I do listen... but... at the end of the day... this is an internet forum, we're both behind 2 screens at the end of the day, you're arguing with a child, I never ever seen an adult go so hard to argue with a child. That's very sad? If I was at your Mickey Clubhouse, you would not say it to my face. You know why?

The hole in your throat would not let you speak, you seem like a guy who would smoke daily. This is why you can't come to a public meeting and you go to an internet forum. Can't talk without that speaker box on your throat, scaring all your "colleagues" in the Mickey Clubhouse table when you speak with that deep voice in the speaker box.

• KFG

There's nothing you can say to me that I haven't heard you say since November. Is it time to give up on the "Trying to undermine TD4 and get him to leave the forum act" or The, "Make TD4 look bad in-front of the hole forum that he can get banned stunt" and mine your own damn business. I don't know if you rarely take your Dementia pills, you might think you're talking to your great grandson.

Go to your local Walgreens and if you are approved for Medicare (Most likely knowing you're at-least over 75) get a refill on your Donepezil, and take about 5 tablets of those things.

Take some Fluconazole with the Donepezil so that you'll fall asleep; permanently.

The post was edited 3 times, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• aplicar wax wrote:

That's my quote.
      Boy bye...

I said that manipulated Roe V. Wade quote before you was here.

• When your mom was still ovulating you!

Now sit down...

(As you can see I'm taking my Reproductive class... yaaaa)

• aplicar wax wrote:

Why do you have to make everything political when, this thread had nothing to do with politics.
      I'm not making anything political... (Ignore my signature)

Those are the gif's I enjoy, I never said I liked any of them presidents, I never established a political wing I liked.

"Obama Out" was used to state that I'm done with this conversation, and lets now move on. All my gif's have a specific meaning to them... and political gifs give the funniest expressions and meaning's sometimes. Like how my PFP is used to address my hatred towards a specific player.

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Destroyer 4 ().

• The Destroyer 4 wrote:

aplicar wax wrote:

Why do you have to make everything political when, this thread had nothing to do with politics.
      I'm not making anything political... (Ignore my signature)
      Those are the gif's I enjoy, I never said I liked any of them presidents, I never established a political wing I liked.

"Obama Out" was used to state that I'm done with this conversation, and lets now move on. All my gif's have a specific meaning to them... and political gifs give the funniest expressions and meaning's sometimes. Like how my PFP is used to address my hatred towards a specific player.
      Who, exactly?
    • aplicar wax wrote:

Who, exactly?
      A guy named after a German mathematician