Missing unit skins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missing unit skins

Does anyone know why some units have the skins that match the researched model of the unit while some don't and do the developers have any plans to fix that that in the future?

Crawling through old threads it seems that it has been like that for a while if I'm not mistaken. It's a shame that some units like MRLS and SAM don't have the full set of skins while others do. I'm fully aware some people don't care less about the visuals and that's understandable. The inconsistency just bothers me and makes the game feel incomplete.
    • What I'm trying to say is that even though you upgrade some units, their appearance won't change. I took images of Mobile SAM Launchers as an example. And it's not just that their appearance won't change in the research tab but also when you mobilize those units. It's the same for MLRS and Naval Patrol Aircraft to give two more examples.

The images to clarify what I'm trying to say:

skins1.jpgskins2.jpgskins3.jpg
    • Atomio wrote:

Hello Diippi,

Can you tell us if this issue is related with desktop or App client?
      Can you provide us with the exact name of the units? Perhaps some screenshots? :)

I will try to search for information related with this.
      Thanks!
      He’s talking about the Unit Models.
      There are some units that don’t change their model at all (sams, mrl, specops, ships) and I vaguely recall some are outright wrong.

I would buy the „busy elsewhere“ excuse but frankly the saisonal skins for a few units eg naval officer as ghostship, missiles as fireball etc. clearly show otherwise.
      If you have the time and resources to give a handful of units „skins“ for short timeframes, then why do some of the most popular units (sams/mrls) get stuck with their tier 1 models.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Diippi wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that even though you upgrade some units, their appearance won't change. I took images of Mobile SAM Launchers as an example. And it's not just that their appearance won't change in the research tab but also when you mobilize those units. It's the same for MLRS and Naval Patrol Aircraft to give two more examples.

The images to clarify what I'm trying to say:

skins1.jpgskins2.jpgskins3.jpg
      I agree, it would be cool if the icon for them would change when the upgrade. I was about to make a thread asking that same question.
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• I would also like to add that adding unique and correct models for units that currently lack them across different tiers would not only provide consistency and visual appeal, but also enable players to easily identify the tier of their ally's or enemy's units at a glance. I think that this would enhance the user experience of the game.