Announcement Patch Notes 2302.28

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zozo001 wrote:

Even without this issue, I have yet to see a convincing use case for carriers. That is, a situation where their cost would be justified in terms of advantage that would not be better achieved by other units.
      Just to be clear, by 'carriers' in this context i meant ships that carry air assets. So, that includes e-frigates. I agree with you on plane carriers, but all of this effort to create e-frigs, debug the whole pain, change game dynamics and the lot has, i feel, been wasted by this change in air dynamics.

in other words: who's going to use any naval asset that carries air assets if when a ship sinks the whole air entourage becomes fish food...
    • Sgniappo wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Even without this issue, I have yet to see a convincing use case for carriers. That is, a situation where their cost would be justified in terms of advantage that would not be better achieved by other units.
      Just to be clear, by 'carriers' in this context i meant ships that carry air assets. So, that includes e-frigates. I agree with you on plane carriers, but all of this effort to create e-frigs, debug the whole pain, change game dynamics and the lot has, i feel, been wasted by this change in air dynamics.
      in other words: who's going to use any naval asset that carries air assets if when a ship sinks the whole air entourage becomes fish food...
      So true, its like if they wanted to contradict themselves with all this happening; introduce a new naval elite unit capable of carrying air assets, but changed air dynamics into a complete shitshow. More so now that all that expensive carries will take down with them all the air units once destroyed. Nobody would ever want to use it... even less now

And btw, someone in this thread told me this about the new targeting system implemented on ships, cruise missiles, and... well I think all ranged units. So I quote: "what targeting system? Do you mean the one that is no longer an issue like even slightly?"
      Well, if that on the image below represent working smooth and perfect, I completly get the reasons behind all the shitshow happening rigth now with flying units.

The evidence its right there on the picture, and that bug happens a lot also with ships trying to attack "unkow ground contacts" near to the shore. Instead of shooting against the radar contact they just stupdly attack the center of the province

Proof that new not always equals better... or in this case, not even functional
      Files
      • Target.jpg

(453.12 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )

The post was edited 2 times, last by TheGENOC1D3R ().

• resurrecting an old thread... (yes! i googled the forum first!!)

I hadn't faced the ship targeting issue, as i barely use missiles in standard games. but you don't use them until you use them. i saw a post above saying that the mis-targeting issue happens 'a lot', in my experience (game id 7232829) it happens ALL THE TIME, not a lot.

is this being fixed? is it pending anything? is there anything we can help with?

i've seen posts asking ideas about new elite units, and i can't echo enough the comments about fixing things up first. it's nice to have new elite units, but we don't need new elite units. We need these bugs fixed.