Announcement Patch Notes 2302.28

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patch Notes 2302.28

release_end_feb_2023_desktop.jpg

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +

After that massive update intake, which you can learn more about in Dev Log #24, we are excited to confirm that elite frigates and aircraft carriers can now be stacked like other units! This comes together with a more general range of fixes for carrier issues that have been experienced over the past months!

But that’s not all, our developers have been hard at work to introduce some changes to the functionality of air units. Whenever a stack of air units loses its origin airfield, whether this is a normal airport or a carrier, planes will instead look for the closest airport depending on the range of the different units types in that stack. This will either be based on the ferry range of the unit if it is idle, or the attack range in case the unit is in action during the time the airbase is destroyed. If you are in a coalition or have right of way with another country, then allied airports will also be considered for the relocation of the air units. Depending on the different types of air units in a single stack, the stack will divide into multiple different stacks. For example a stack of helicopters and bombers will split into a stack of helicopters and a separate stack for bombers. If there are no available places in range for planes to land safely, they will instead crash immediately. This also means that air units will not convert to a transport truck anymore under any circumstances.

Changes:
      • Carriers are now stackable again!
      • Significant update to the air units function
      • The Level 1 Elite Frigate now requires a Level 2 Naval Base
      • Movement Speed for the Elite Frigate has been increased over all 3 research levels
      • New animation system, kicking things off with a nice nuke animation
      • Kazakhstan capital in World War 3 and Rising Tides is now Astana
      • Nigeria now has Eastern Doctrine in Rising Tides
      • Default country leaders in Flashpoint, Pacific Theatre, World War 3 and Rising Tides are now all fictional
      Fixes:
      • Multiple fixes to carrier issues reported by our dedicated community of players
      • Fixed an issue where planes returned to base in the middle of an action despite still having enough fuel
      • Fixed an issue with shop opening incorrectly on Android devices [Mobile]
      • Fixed an issue with trade offers not functioning correctly in alliance games
      • Fixed an error with unit pathing for mechanized infantry
      • Fixed CON News showing empty pages when going back
    • Maxim | CM wrote:

]

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +

This also means that air units will not convert to a transport truck anymore under any circumstances.
      I dont understand this sentence. Aitplaner are refueling on the ground. I destroy the airfield. they dont convert into trucks anymore? they just sit there for killing?

pitty i loved the hunt and the thrill of give the opponents the hope the can safe their airforce
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

Maxim | CM wrote:

]

+ + + + UPDATE + + + +

This also means that air units will not convert to a transport truck anymore under any circumstances.
      I dont understand this sentence. Aitplaner are refueling on the ground. I destroy the airfield. they dont convert into trucks anymore? they just sit there for killing?
      pitty i loved the hunt and the thrill of give the opponents the hope the can safe their airforce
      I'm also curious about how this is implemented.

It's possible that destroying an airfield means the planes there take off and fly to a nearby air base (even if they were refueling?), or the landed planes might just disappear when the airfield is totally destroyed (0 HP), or . . .

The announcement leaves out several details.
    • can anyone confirmthat airplanes just disappear into nothing if they are on the ground and the airport/ airfield is gone?
      if this is the case then this release gets a big Dislike from me. it means you constantly need to have you aircraft in the air to prevent f.e. sabotage spies from killing your planes just by destroying the airfield.

I am waiting for official confirmation.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • playbabe wrote:

FINE i will REPEAT THIS AGAIN
      if your aircraft is on ground, IT DOESNT CARE what they are doing or being do to, when airport say bye bye, THE AIRCRAFT WILL RELOCATE

NOW STOP rephrasing SAME SCENARIO and ASK WHAT WILL HAPPEN
      You're giving me Andilek vibes...
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

can anyone confirmthat airplanes just disappear into nothing if they are on the ground and the airport/ airfield is gone?
      if this is the case then this release gets a big Dislike from me. it means you constantly need to have you aircraft in the air to prevent f.e. sabotage spies from killing your planes just by destroying the airfield.

I am waiting for official confirmation.
      Waiting for the official confirmation as well. I prefer that they remain as transport trucks.
    • playbabe wrote:

the plane will take off no matter what you doing with it, relocations.
      Lol, thats so dumb. They added refueling feature for a more "realistic touch", while on the other hand they now allow planes to relocate from destroyed airfields. This can drastically reduce the effect of tactical awareness and precise timing for conducting knock out blows against opponent's air force. I have had many games where I managed to snap multiple stacks of aircraft on the ground by striking or sabotaging the airfields. I certainly dont support this change.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rapt0ris ().