Crashed Transport??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Crashed Transport??

So I checked in on my current 4x speed apocalypse game when I noticed that an MLRS unit and a national guard unit both came up as "* military unit was unable to land and crashed." I have never seen this message before except for today. Is this a new thing with the update that if an airfield or airbase is destroyed then the units flying there will just crash instead of turning around to the original airport like they used to?
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• Their default behaviour now should be that they go to the nearest friendly airport or airbase, and the range would depend on how much time the unit has in the air before having to return to base. If the closest base is too far, then the planes crash.

Additionally, if you have multiple different unit types in a single stack, then the stack will split up into dedicated stacks of each unit type and the ranges and remaining time will all be calculated separately.