NERF GOLD

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• yeah i've been playing and noticing
      Display Spoiler
      THERE HAVE BEEN MORE GOLDERS BY THE DAY

and i was thinking if this thread gets popular
      Display Spoiler
      We can nerf it! :D

Even in the game i'm in right now, bolivia is nuking EVERYONE!

and i have been seeing this happen more and more frequently.

so who is with me?
      "CoN for life, CoW Sucks"
      -iiAstriX

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
      —Winston S. Churchill“
    • Gold (and SC) purchases are what allow Dorado to keep the game free for everyone. If these methods of premium content were nerfed, less people would buy them, meaning less money in Dorado's pockets. If Dorado doesn't have enough money, they may make the game Pay-2-Play instead of Pay-2-Win.
      "CoN is a game of 80% skill and 20% luck" - Tifo_14

"I don't get paid enough to do anything" - Germanico

Nothing stops the Tifo :thumbup:
    • Tifo_14 wrote:

Gold (and SC) purchases are what allow Dorado to keep the game free for everyone. If these methods of premium content were nerfed, less people would buy them, meaning less money in Dorado's pockets. If Dorado doesn't have enough money, they may make the game Pay-2-Play instead of Pay-2-Win.
      theres always ummmm

Display Spoiler
      ads that generate revenue.. (if we want the side borders of con pasted with endless ads....)
      -iiAstriX

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
      —Winston S. Churchill“
    • iiAstriX wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

Gold (and SC) purchases are what allow Dorado to keep the game free for everyone. If these methods of premium content were nerfed, less people would buy them, meaning less money in Dorado's pockets. If Dorado doesn't have enough money, they may make the game Pay-2-Play instead of Pay-2-Win.
      theres always ummmm
      Display Spoiler
      ads that generate revenue.. (if we want the side borders of con pasted with endless ads....)

enema.png
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

iiAstriX wrote:

Tifo_14 wrote:

theres always ummmm
      Display Spoiler

enema.png
      not those ads, but the ones you see on the side, like the con discord server on the main page.
      -iiAstriX

—Winston S. Churchill“
    • Kamikaza wrote:

This game is in Javascript, so developers can add miner code in webside pages of game. And get money without gold$)
      your a great hacker. ever heard of server side data validation?

sure the computing power is shifted towards the client with javascript. but none of your actions is computed unverified by the server. you could hack yourself 1 million gold to skip the client side validation for a premium function but as soon as you send the action to the server, the server will verify if your account has the necessary balance to execute the action.

If not, then this would be bad programming and the company should not call itself Dorado ;)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Kamikaza wrote:

This game is in Javascript, so developers can add miner code in webside pages of game. And get money without gold$)
      your a great hacker. ever heard of server side data validation?
      sure the computing power is shifted tomthe client with javascript. but none of your actions is not verified by the server. you more ght hack yourself 1 million gold to skip the client side validation for a premium function but as soon as you send the action to the server, the aerver will verify if you account has the necessary balance to execute the action.

If not. hellmthianwould be bad programming and the company should not call itself Dorada ;)
      What is hacking about? If both parties agree, then everything is fair. The client receives the game for a part of his capacity. There are quite legal services. Then there will be an opportunity to fix gold. This knowledge does not require a deep understanding of Java code. Python is much clearer to me)
    • Kamikaza wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Kamikaza wrote:

your a great hacker. ever heard of server side data validation?sure the computing power is shifted tomthe client with javascript. but none of your actions is not verified by the server. you more ght hack yourself 1 million gold to skip the client side validation for a premium function but as soon as you send the action to the server, the aerver will verify if you account has the necessary balance to execute the action.

If not. hellmthianwould be bad programming and the company should not call itself Dorada ;)
      What is hacking about? If both parties agree, then everything is fair. The client receives the game for a part of his capacity. There are quite legal services. Then there will be an opportunity to fix gold. This knowledge does not require a deep understanding of Java code. Python is much clearer to me)
      Security and moral aside, that would be very highly inefficient and would get the website easily blacklisted by google, while the mine would be removed by most adblock.