Announcement NOTICE: On Planes and New Behaviour

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• And there's another funny (sad actually) consequence to this change.
      Imagine you fight India, for example. He's a good player, have decent airforce, and you have hard time fighting him. But in the end you manage to destroy his last airbase and all his planes auto relocate to his closest ally.
      And then after a week (real time) your ally finds all these planes sitting in Oslo doing nothing because their nation was defeated 7 real days ago. He of course deletes them with say tank battalion, but this trophy was rightfully yours, it was you who made all efforts to kill these planes but failed due to new rules in place.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Drony77 ().

• Maxim | CM wrote:

Sgniappo wrote:

i had exactly the same going on - actually in my case they turned into trucks without even me destroying the airport (thread here: Patch Notes 2302.28).

Bugs, of bugs.
      For stuff like this, using the bug report in the game makes it easier for us to deal with this kind of stuff and investigate properly. Please use that in the future so that we can help out with these issues asap rather than posting here and not getting a response in due time.
      Please consider this as constructive feedback. I only used the in-game bug report once, it was one of those issues where stacks of planes disappear. I was in the middle of a fight, i really needed those planes. By design, support did not help me solve my problem, because help arrived when the battle was long over (if i remember well there is even a disclaimer when you raise a ticket that suggests to be aware of exactly that - that by the time they get to my ticket the problem may or may not still be there).

'in due time' is the key in your note; the assumption here is that the support system to solve in-game problems will not address the specific problem, but will (try to) make sure it won't happen again.

if that's the assumption, i prefer to focus on my battle there an then, even if bugged, and then report the issue on forum when i can. This was one of those cases, and where the bug by the way didn't affect my battle at all.

So, in my case, forum is the preference.

good day,
      s
    • Dealer of Death wrote:

playbabe wrote:

lol, there is 0 of this in beta test
      Well I watched it happening. You can see evidence of it happening, even tho I forgot to mention the other airfield (white box) they should have evacuated to, instead of becoming trucks, which they never do, not again from this point forward, we swear.
      game6734562b.jpg
      Is that the ol' MS Paint I see there, buddy? Along with Norton Antivirus wanting you to restart your computer for some stupid update? :D

There's an app, native to Windows, called "Snipping Tool" which I think might make life a lot easier for you. I mean... a lot. Because it looks like you're still using Print Screen and pasting into MS Paint. If so, that dates both you and I a bit. An OG Computer Gamer :thumbsup:

P.S. Love those Elite Bombers you got there!
      The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • Cpt_Merica wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

playbabe wrote:

lol, there is 0 of this in beta test
      Well I watched it happening. You can see evidence of it happening, even tho I forgot to mention the other airfield (white box) they should have evacuated to, instead of becoming trucks, which they never do, not again from this point forward, we swear.game6734562b.jpg
      Is that the ol' MS Paint I see there, buddy? Along with Norton Antivirus wanting you to restart your computer for some stupid update? :D
      There's an app, native to Windows, called "Snipping Tool" which I think might make life a lot easier for you. I mean... a lot. Because it looks like you're still using Print Screen and pasting into MS Paint. If so, that dates both you and I a bit. An OG Computer Gamer :thumbsup:

P.S. Love those Elite Bombers you got there!
      My gosh, U just gave me a life hack Nice!!!
    • Question on 'new behaviour': If i am long-range ferrying air assets to an airport, and if that airport gets taken down as my units are on the way, what happens to them?

Before they would 'cancel' and return to the originating airport.

In the 'new behaviour' they do what?

If you can, i'd appreciate a fast answer, as planes are in a long-range transit right now :)
    • Another thing I have noticed in all my games where I used the elite frigate with helicopters.

I have gunships and helicopters officer with the frigates for a great early game which is a lot of fun. But every time I fly my helicopter gunships and officer off the officer will separate from the gunships.

Testing to see if this happens as well with other kinds of helicopters as well
    • i can't scientifically document this.

But i've seen several times that i ferry air assets to a far-away airport, and at some point during the trip (generally when they are just about to get there, as per Murphy's law) they just make their way back, and the tooltip reads 'returning to base to refuel'.

My interpretation is:
      - the plane has a 'time to refuel' (say of 3 hours).
      - it starts making its way to the ferry destination (say a 4 hours' trip)
      - somewhere along the way (after 3 hours), it realises that it's time to refuel
      - returns to base
      - refuels
      - starts travelling back to the original ferry airport, but this time with a full tank

IF that is the case, then it's a real pain in the ass. Meaning when you do long-distance ferrying, you need to first check if you'll make it with the fuel (by comparing travel time to refueling time), then decide.

One would think a plane pilot would know well enough if he has enough fuel to get there, BEFORE heading off to a destination?

again, my speculations. the fact that they turn back is a fact, all the rest my interpretations.

Thoughts?
    • Sgniappo wrote:

i can't scientifically document this.

But i've seen several times that i ferry air assets to a far-away airport, and at some point during the trip (generally when they are just about to get there, as per Murphy's law) they just make their way back, and the tooltip reads 'returning to base to refuel'.

I *think* that planes on a ferry trip to an in-range ferry destination are supposed to go to their destination, even if the trip time exceeds the time they can otherwise spend in the air without refueling.

However, in the cases where I've seen something similar to what you describe, if I try switching the planes to a different (still in ferry range) destination, or if I have other interactions with them that I think should be benign (like accidentally selecting them and then repeating their order to go to their original destination), my actions trigger a refueling-time check and the planes turn around.

I'm light on specifics, and their might have been software changes since the last time I thought something like that happened.

Regardless, I try to leave my long-range ferrying planes unmolested as much as I am able.