Rogues States and Troops

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rogues States and Troops

I am playing a game, and it is going well, but I am behind the top 5 players by a decent amount. I am just wondering if you should go from city to city without worrying about leaving troops in it so it won't for rogues, or wait it out for a bit?

Any thoughts?
      This We'll Defend” - U.S. Army :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by FarmerJG ().

• A) Remember: They are "rogues", not "rouges". In French rouge is a color (red), and in American English rouge a type of (reddish) make-up.

B) I think the standard reply will be that you should build enough (healthy enough) National Guard to babysit the cities you are capturing.

National Guard are cheap and can be built quickly.

National Guard are lousy at stopping rebels from appearing, but are good at defeating rebels that do appear (look at their City Terrain defense bonus).

Each NG that gets built might need to Hospital time to bring it up to full strength.

Each NG that defeats a rebel might need to visit your Hospital after winning the fight.

Alternatively, Tank Destroyers (are expensive and slow to mobilize, and) are good at both stopping rebels from appearing and defeating them when they do appear.

C) Letting Cities rebel is a fine strategy if you don't the new cities' production, especially the expected rebellions cause your enemies more trouble than they cause you.

However, usually, while a game's outcome remains undecided, I want my resource income to grow as fast as is possible, so I rarely ignore freshly captured cities.
    • FarmerJG wrote:

If you are behind, let's say by about 300 VPs should you give up? Is there a chance of winning?
      Sure - There's a chance - Whether it's a good chance depends on a zillion things that you haven't described - If you use Google to search the forum site, you'll find copious advice about how to play effectively and aggressively - Dig a bit and see if you find something you like.
    • FarmerJG wrote:

I am playing a game, and it is going well, but I am behind the top 5 players by a decent amount. I am just wondering if you should go from city to city without worrying about leaving troops in it so it won't for rogues, or wait it out for a bit?

Any thoughts?
      What I do when I do a conquest, I leave a troop or 2 maybe an mbt per city to make sure that they can counter the possible rouge state will not occur.
      "Yes We Can!" - Barack Obama
      Used to be TD4
    • The Good Side wrote:

FarmerJG wrote:

Any thoughts?
      What I do when I do a conquest, I leave a troop or 2 maybe an mbt per city to make sure that they can counter the possible rouge state will not occur.
      FYI: Like I wrote above, it's "Rogue", not "Rouge".