National Guard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Google is your friend for this topic.

Search this site by using something along the lines of "site:forum.conflictnations.com national guard" in your search terms, and you'll find plenty of existing advice and existing strategies already shared.

You can learn a ton from those existing threads, and then easily add to one of them or ask for clarifications in them if they aren't clear.

That'll save you the trouble of rehashing a lot of already discussed stuff.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• bloodysong wrote:

Here a new info
      you can use 1 national guards to get city's any more after the last update Rouge start come with full hp(your troops will die )

so you need 2 now and with the price of 2 you may get normal infantry to do the job because thay are cheaper
      Ofc you need lvl 2 infantry
      @bloodysong

I think you need to edit that post. I think you meant to write that you can't use 1 less-than-full-HP level-1 NG.

PS: I realize that "needing" to upgrade NG Tech Levels and/or lett each new/damaged NG reach full HP before you put it into action takes a little shine off of the NGs, but it doesn't consign them to the rubbish bin.
    • Let say you got lvl 3 NG with full hp
      he will kill the first rogue state
      But if there second one your NG will die
      That now because rogue state attack with full hp not like before
      So to fix this you need lvl 4 NG
      but it is cheaper to get lvl 2 infantry
      Ofc NG still cheaper in buying price but your normal infantry got more use in late game then NG
    • bloodysong wrote:

. . . your normal infantry got more use in late game then NG
      Maybe your normal infantry get more use in late game than your NG do/would; but if you look through the forum's history (see above - Google is your friend) you'll find that many experienced, highly-successful players would disagree.

They win their games without relying on normal infantry at all - They are happy enough that they get some for free when their games begin, but those infantry aren't an important part of their game-play.

What those players have written in many existing threads is worth reading.

An important question is what you mean by "late game". What game-day range are you thinking of when you write "late game"?

Also what map(s) are you thinking about? WW3, WWZ, FP, RT, something else?

• FarmerJG wrote:

Are National Guards worth it? Share your strategy here.
      keep the questions coming.

use search only if no one answers your post or if you're not satisfied with the answers.

as you can see, people still answer questions (instead of directing you to search) because we are interested in what people think NOW.

also don't blindly follow "experienced, highly-successful players" because most of them don't have video proof of how they play

regarding your question, here's my answer.

It's worth it if it fits your playstyle. Some players who bank on high-level airforce or navy or artillery are content with national guards.

I haven't been using them lately because I try not to log in often so I prefer L6 motorized infantry to conquer inactive/ai cities. I just direct them to go inside the city but not at the center then I will log out.

While I'm offline, they will automatically attack and eliminate what's inside. When I log in again after 6-12 real-time hours, I conquer those cities. Useful especially when I don't have L3 radars nearby.
    • regatta2k16 wrote:

FarmerJG wrote:

keep the questions coming.
      It's useful to learn the low-hanging fruit before asking questions - When you do that you don't waste your time or other people's time, and I think that you/I ask better questions and get better answers if our questions are built on a strong foundation of knowledge.

use search only if no one answers your post or if you're not satisfied with the answers.
      See previous. Why would anyone advise anyone else to not use factual information from experts that is (immediately) at everyone's fingertips, and instead ask others to fish with dynamite by seeking (and then waiting for) the opinions of randoms? That just baffles me. I can hardly avoid assuming that their motivations and mine aren't the same.

as you can see, people still answer questions (instead of directing you to search) because we are interested in what people think NOW.
      Some people might be interested in what people "think", but I usually assume that people who ask questions are interested in how the game mechanics work, and in learning what people "know" about that. YMMV

also don't blindly follow "experienced, highly-successful players" because most of them don't have video proof of how they play
      Video? LOLOLOLOL

regarding your question, here's my answer.

It's worth it if it fits your playstyle. Some players who bank on high-level airforce or navy or artillery are content with national guards.

I haven't been using them lately because I try not to log in often so I prefer L6 motorized infantry to conquer inactive/ai cities. I just direct them to go inside the city but not at the center then I will log out.

While I'm offline, they will automatically attack and eliminate what's inside. When I log in again after 6-12 real-time hours, I conquer those cities. Useful especially when I don't have L3 radars nearby.
      If the OP wants to know the pros and cons of this approach, I recommend using Google to find past discussions of exactly that approach. They are wide-ranging, are pretty good, and they definitely helped me. They include insights not found in this thread.
      My suggestions are inline above.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KFGauss ().

• FarmerJG wrote:

I only ever use the national guard as my infantry. I usually go for strike fighters, SAMs, maybe bombers, and the navy depending on location and enemies. But I have been switching it up to go for national guard with artillery at the beginning of the game while I research MLRS, with AS fighters, and sometimes attack helicopters. It works pretty well. I never go with armored units.
      "America without her soldiers is like God without his angels."
      "A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
      "In peace, sons bury their fathers. In war, fathers bury their sons."

• In another (now locked) thread Yak told us, "Insurgents spawned with 66% HP, which was a hacky way of balancing them. We fixed the display percentage bringing them back to 100% and lower their HP value to reflect the change."

When I read that I'm thinking that Dorado's goal was to keep the combat abilities of a freshly spawned insurgent roughly unchanged.

And that leads me to think that a NG fighting an Insurgent should fare (approximately (see next sentence)) no better and no worse fighting a post-change insurgent, than they would have fared against a pre-change insurgent.

However, because a unit's Atk and Def values get reduced when the unit's HP is below it's max value, a post change insurgent will be a tougher opponent if Dorado didn't adjust the Insurgent's Atk and Def values along with changing the Insurgent's initial HP value.

In other words, if the max Atk/Def vlaues of a post-change Insurgent match the values of a pre-change Insurgent, then the freshly-spawned post-change Insurgent will start with higher Atk/Def than the (66% nerfed) freshly-spawned pre-change Insurgent had.

Here are the Atk/Def/HP stats of a fresh Insurgent in a Day 34 BGUSA game - I don't know if the game is using the pre-change values or the post-change values.
      Atk: 2.5 Soft, 2.0 Hard
      Def: 2.5 Soft, 2.0 Hard, 1.0 Plane, 1.0 Helo
      HP: 25

Based on what I see in this thread, Add insurgency units and their stats into the wiki, I think my Day 34 BGUSA game is still using the pre-change Atk/Def/HP values, AND the insurgents are spawning at full strength.

So, I'm curious:

A) Can someone in a newly started (post-change) game take a look at the Insurgent stats in their game and report what their Insurgents' Atk/Def/Stats are, and

B) If the pre-change and post-change Insurgent stats are the same, am I right when I think that we should tell Dorado that if they wanted to implement a neutral change (no nerfing and no buffing) they missed the target?

• bloodysong wrote:

But if there second one your NG will die
      This is not a big change from earlier, when rogues spawned at 67% HP. One should have a fresh replacement garrison, in any event. This is also true for the MotInf defense, which you advocate for. And your suggestion ignores that they are still more expensive, as well as much slower to mobilize.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zozo001 ().

• KFGauss wrote:

A) Can someone in a newly started (post-change) game take a look at the Insurgent stats in their game and report what their Insurgents' Atk/Def/Stats are, and

B) If the pre-change and post-change Insurgent stats are the same, am I right when I think that we should tell Dorado that if they wanted to implement a neutral change (no nerfing and no buffing) they missed the target?
      A bit of late reply, but here it goes:
      this past week (in a game that definitely started post-change) I checked that the stats are as you posted, which I believe are the very same as pre-change. And insurgents still do spawn at full strength.

I do not think Dorado has thought about the neutrality of the change (which seems to have been by mistake anyways). But there are dozens of more important things to fix, so telling them about this is unlikely to be fruitful.
      Insurgent strength full HP=17,0 CROPPED.jpg
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player