If you regularly use Air-Inf, Marines, or MechInf.........

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you regularly use Air-Inf, Marines, or MechInf.........

Which one is your favorite (practically, not just "rarely, but xx is fun") to use, and how do you use them that makes them valuable to your style of play?

Part of it is boredom of only using m-inf, the other part is I know theres folks successfully using these other units

(side question- didnt want to start a new thread for it... is there a place where dorado gives news of what all the new changes are? i read something about planes/airstrips, spawns increasinbg hp (though unsure how much), sounds like there are others. is there a place i can read all these?)
    • Before they nerfed them by putting ports everywhere, plus in Hell, I used to use Naval Infantry any time I played Western Doctrine. Since the port nerfing, I haven't built a single one.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • noy819038 wrote:

Which one is your favorite (practically, not just "rarely, but xx is fun") to use, and how do you use them that makes them valuable to your style of play?

Part of it is boredom of only using m-inf, the other part is I know theres folks successfully using these other units

(side question- didnt want to start a new thread for it... is there a place where dorado gives news of what all the new changes are? i read something about planes/airstrips, spawns increasinbg hp (though unsure how much), sounds like there are others. is there a place i can read all these?)

phoule wrote:

Paratroopers rock, pair them with a level 3 crv and air assault to neutralize enemy cities capture/defend cities immediately after using air force to wipe a nation clear of its units while the infantry grunts slowly gobble up provinces.
      noy,

I have experimented with all three. I will cut to the chase.

I no longer use air infantry. I now use special forces.

To expand upon phoule's point,

Consider researching other air assault capable unit lines depending on the dynamic needs of your military.

These include: Special forces, CRVs, towed artillery, SAMs, tank destroyers.

I primarily use the special forces / elite rail gun (lvl 3 air assault capable) combo to great effect.

For example:

Get some special forces, level up the tank destroyers to air assault capable and use them for recon assault missions.
      Then afterwards slip a national guard or two (or mobile infantry) and now you have a nice little stack to take territory.

You could do something similar with CRVs & TDs as well.

Why special forces vs air infantry:

Better numbers for cost of unit.
      Scout / recon capable.
      Air infantry have garbage ground movement speed and must air jump to have effective movement.
      *Edit: If special forces are not in range of an airbase / field they still have good ground movement speed regardless.
      In normal speed games air infantry air are labor intense to use and not time efficient.
      In 4x games air infantry fall into the "rarely, but xx is fun" category.

Smoko
    • All those are great points, but of those the only one that can conquer is the paratrooper. By the time I'm air assaulting the tile has been cleared of enemy units and my paratrooper/crv combo is to capture and hold the city til it morales up. I dont really care about the damage they do, just care about rushing the city asap without having to trudge through all the provinces.