100% PC players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 100% PC players

I don't know about you guys, but every so often I keep seeing these players that are "100% PC" and they always have a insane KD and win ratio, along with seemingly always being on. These players typically win the game each time I see them. Just seems super sus, I know there's things out there for this game but I'm just saying I'm noticing a theme

Makes the game unejoyabale when it happens. They also seem to always know where my troops are
    • So how does playing on one platform impact your performance? The only impact I see from only playing on PC is that you have less access to the game( if you touch grass at least) I also only play 4x games, so everything happens very quickly.

From my experience it's either these people just don't touch grass and are on their PCs more than I'm on my phone, or their cheat they have is somehow masking them as always on PC or they have them installed on their PC.

And yes I know radar exists, but they tend to lack them from time to time.
    • PlinkII wrote:

So how does playing on one platform impact your performance? The only impact I see from only playing on PC is that you have less access to the game( if you touch grass at least) I also only play 4x games, so everything happens very quickly.

From my experience it's either these people just don't touch grass and are on their PCs more than I'm on my phone, or their cheat they have is somehow masking them as always on PC or they have them installed on their PC.

Its not that playing on one platform impacts your performance that much (tho it certainly does to some extent) but rather that all the better players tend to stick to pc.

Its also worth nothing that a game that has been for 5 years or something available on pc and only 1-2 or so on mobile will ofc have the veteran players will have 90% or more time on pc.

For example I have 98% of my time on PC and only 2% on Mobile even tho the last about 6 months I almost exclusively used the mobile version.

Also doesnt help that mobile players tend to be pretty bad.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • PlinkII wrote:

So how does playing on one platform impact your performance? The only impact I see from only playing on PC is that you have less access to the game( if you touch grass at least) I also only play 4x games, so everything happens very quickly.

To answer your specific question, If I tried use only my mobile phone to play CoN, even though that phone has a decent CPU and a large high-resolution scree, I would be very frustrated.

In general, between keeping a Web page open on my work computer and one my home computer - I can be logged into a CoN game 100% of the time.

Whether the CoN folks record that I'm online 24x7 or not, the truth is simply that I can peek at those web pages as often or as seldom as I care to during the day.

Some careers and some school situations don't give players the same opportunities.

For me, there is no cheating our failure to touch grass involved - If my stats line up with the ones you're viewing skeptically, you might be imagining something that doesn't exist.

Because of what I just described I am able to micromanage my units when I care to, and that is an advantage in games like this - Maybe you're seeing that effect in your experiences.

During the day and night I can also open the CoN App on my phone.

This is all possible without anything nefarious or emotionally-harmful occurring.
    • PlinkII wrote:

fair points all, I also didn't know the PC version has been out much longer. Still, most of those people are also lower level than me. May be why I'm getting sus vibes from them. If they've had the game longer, you'd expect them to be higher level.
      Check my stats - See if I fit the profile you're concerned about - According to the mobile app:

• You started 02/05/2022. I started 10/22/2020
      • You are 1% PC and 99% mobile. I'm 71% PC and 29% Mobile.
      • Your rank is 67. My Rank is 41.
      • Your Games Joined is 85. Mine is 12.
      • Your wins are 2 Solo and 17 Coalition. Mine are 3 Solo and 8 Coalition (one in progress).
      • Your K/D is 2.08. My K/D is 8.51.

Would I give you sus vibes?
    • KFGauss wrote:

PlinkII wrote:

fair points all, I also didn't know the PC version has been out much longer. Still, most of those people are also lower level than me. May be why I'm getting sus vibes from them. If they've had the game longer, you'd expect them to be higher level.
      Check my stats - See if I fit the profile you're concerned about - According to the mobile app:
      • You started 02/05/2022. I started 10/22/2020
      • You are 1% PC and 99% mobile. I'm 71% PC and 29% Mobile.
      • Your rank is 67. My Rank is 41.
      • Your Games Joined is 85. Mine is 12.
      • Your wins are 2 Solo and 17 Coalition. Mine are 3 Solo and 8 Coalition (one in progress).
      • Your K/D is 2.08. My K/D is 8.51.

Would I give you sus vibes?
      I'd be concerned you're a good player

Really it's just the people that are 100% PC, that just really throws me off

I also have never considered the amount of games these people have played, I suppose the more games you play the lower your KD will drop due to going up against people who are just better (or gold dump) over time. And it is also easier to level up early levels as far as I can tell.
    • From my perspective, I use mobile only for panick move, like retreat, answer to attacks i can't react short term, or just to read the ingame newspaper and speculate on what is happening.

Due to screen size, latency, and general "mouse feedback", desktop is and will always be (at least until we can have minority report style screens) superior for tactical handling, which is why it's not unusual to see the "hyper active, high K/D, apex predators" dudes playing mostly on PC.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.