"New behavior" of air transports unstacking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• "New behavior" of air transports unstacking

One annoying, and potentially fatal, consequence of messing up airfield operations upon the "elite" frigate fiasco (discussed at length, but with much ensuing noise without clarity under "New behavior" announcement) is that air transports now unstack upon landing. This clearly throws normal operation planning into disarray. For example, when sending artillery and infantry together on an expedition to conquer cities, this becomes unwieldy as the composite units will not stay together. So beware that, until this bug is fixed (which does not seem to be forthcoming, judged from the staffs' reaction so far), one is better not to execute long range excursions in a continuous route. Rather, stacks should first be deployed to the nearest airfield, then wait there until re-stacking occurs. Only then can the movement be safely continued.

Very disappointing to see such major inconvenience introduced.
      Commander Zozo001 :thumbsup:
      humble player
    • Zozo001 wrote:

One annoying, and potentially fatal, consequence of messing up airfield operations upon the "elite" frigate fiasco (discussed at length, but with much ensuing noise without clarity under "New behavior" announcement) is that air transports now unstack upon landing. This clearly throws normal operation planning into disarray. For example, when sending artillery and infantry together on an expedition to conquer cities, this becomes unwieldy as the composite units will not stay together. So beware that, until this bug is fixed (which does not seem to be forthcoming, judged from the staffs' reaction so far), one is better not to execute long range excursions in a continuous route. Rather, stacks should first be deployed to the nearest airfield, then wait there until re-stacking occurs. Only then can the movement be safely continued.

Very disappointing to see such major inconvenience introduced.
      Yeah I noticed this, I also noticed my NGs and Recons separating into 2 transports when sailing them to another port with orders to continue on to somewhere further inland. I just didn't bother bringing it up because I figured they (Dorado) was so deeply invested in their "fix" I probably should get used to living with it.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD