Destroyers need their Air Arm

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RasczakRough wrote:

Alternatively, and in light of the new UAV units, maybe destroyers should come with a UAV modified so the infantry/armor damage rates are now for ships/subs?
      I dont follow?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Both historically and in the present, vessels that are not carriers have carried drones to enable long-range target acquisition. Examples can be found at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAI_RQ-2_Pioneer, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_Insitu_ScanEagle, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_MQ-8C_Fire_Scout, and most famously en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrodyne_QH-50_DASH.

I suggest that instead of/in addition to helicopters, destroyers be able to carry UAVs.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • I know this might be unpopular, but isn't it conceivable that destroyers/frigates already have their air arm built into their stats? their sub hunting attack level, visual/radar range, etc, could be considered to include the effect of having a helicopter on board?
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • @War-spite I wouldn't say thats unpopular per se, I would just say that it doesn't appear to be the case right now, given the view range and radar range of the vessels you listed. Maybe if thats a change the developers make it'd be a good solution to the issue, but right now I don't understand how it factors in to their current stats. Could you explain it using specific examples?
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • Y'all been talking 'bout LHDs without meh? X(
      But anyways, I remember when I had to explain the difference between LHDs, LHAs, LPDs and LSDs to Ocean a dozen of times. The fun gud ol' dayz.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Bacon230 wrote:

Y'all been talking 'bout LHDs without meh? X(
      But anyways, I remember when I had to explain the difference between LHDs, LHAs, LPDs and LSDs to Ocean a dozen of times. The fun gud ol' dayz.
      Bacon what?
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • yea those UAVs are mini battlefield sized, nothing compared to the likes of a reaper or globalhawl
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • RasczakRough wrote:

yea but CON is a game, not a simulator.
      yea but the drones are waay to big to work from destroyers, there could be a smaller drone with less drange or something, but likes of reaper are too big
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

Bacon what?
      Do you not understand a damn thing I say? I can hardly remember a time when you didn't respond with a 'what' or 'what you on about'.
      "I know not what weapons WW3 will be fought, but WW4 will be fought with sticks & stones."
      -Einstein
      "Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."
      -Kennedy
      "There's a plot in this country to enslave every man, woman and child. Before I leave this high and noble office I intend to expose this plot."
      -Kennedy,week before his asassanation
    • Bacon230 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

Bacon what?
      Do you not understand a damn thing I say? I can hardly remember a time when you didn't respond with a 'what' or 'what you on about'.
      Guys, please forgive bacon, he is a maritimer, and they don't always come across as speaking a known language. Canada's east coast is a unique and unintelligible place. We actually exported a number of Acadians to the deep south way back, they took that trait with them. Acadian, became cajun.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

Bacon what?
      Guys, please forgive bacon, he is a maritimer, and they don't always come across as speaking a known language. Canada's east coast is a unique and unintelligible place. We actually exported a number of Acadians to the deep south way back, they took that trait with them. Acadian, became cajun.
      That makes a bit more sense I guess?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • Bacon230 wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

Bacon230 wrote:

Bacon what?
      Chap, what are you on about? Explainin the differences between LHDs n all?
      Not really, nor do I remember those days? Im soo lost to whatever you are referring to?
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • destroyer.jpg
      Just so you know, destroyers in the game DO have helicopters on board. However they are just for decoration. If you zoom up close to your destroyer you will see a helicopter on the deck. So all the high anti sub capabilities and such are partly due to it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by tinydragon303 ().

• tinydragon303 wrote:

destroyer.jpg
      Just so you know, destroyers in the game DO have helicopters on board. However they are just for decoration. If you zoom up close to your destroyer you will see a helicopter on the deck. So all the high anti sub capabilities and such are partly due to it.
      They cant really, perform a lot of the things I would want my heli to do :/
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu